Windows 10: How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver

Discus and support How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop. After upgrading to Windows 10, my touchscreen driver was malfunctioned. I tried updating through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by burchland2, Nov 19, 2016.

1. How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver

I have a problem with my Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop. After upgrading to Windows 10, my touchscreen driver was malfunctioned. I tried updating through Device Manager, looking through the web, including through the Lenovo site, and even trying some freeware to update the driver. None of those strategies worked. So I was wondering how to update (or repair) my driver, which was updated since July 21, 2006 (although I bought the computer in 2014). If not, I want to know if there are any compatible drivers I could download for my computer. My hardware ID is USB\VID_04F3&PID_0379. Thanks.

:)

burchland2, Nov 19, 2016

2. Touchscreen not working/no longer reckognized

I have the same problem. The PC says I do not have the pen and touch feature on my computer. I have a Dell 5558 laptop with Windows 10 installed. The Device Manager also does not show I have a HID compliant touchscreen option, it does show I have HID
    compliant touch pad. I also looked at hidden devices and could not find a HID compliant touchscreen driver. Is there anyplace that I can just download a HID compliant touchscreen driver? windows 10 says I am current on all updates.

NewtonYuen, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 touch screen

Thank you for your suggestions, however windows 8 compatible touchscreen drivers made by HP do not exist for my laptop. This laptop is using the default windows HID compliant touchscreen driver that can be uninstalled and reinstalled through the device manager
    and windows updates. So there is nothing to make compatible because the windows 8/8.1/10 HID compliant touchscreen driver is the same one that I am using.

problem remains unresolved.

JamesWernerSP, Nov 19, 2016
  4. How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver

Did you update all the drivers from the Lenovo support site (especially chipset drivers and BIOS)?

ComputerGeek, Nov 19, 2016
  5. I already did that. Didn't work either.

burchland2, Nov 19, 2016
  6. 1. When you say the driver failed, do you mean there is a driver error or just the fact your touchscreen isn't working? (Right click the device->Properties on the General tab. Does the Device status say "device is working" or is there an error code number?

2. The touch screen uses the Microsoft generic driver and that driver date of 2006 is misleading. Right click the device->Properties then the Driver tab. Tell me the full driver version number? It should start with 10. as it's a Windows 10 version driver

/* EDIT */
    Just saw THIS thread. Not sure which version you have but can also attempt driver rollback. Please note and report the driver version numbers before and after as would be curious for that info if you can do a rollback

ComputerGeek, Nov 20, 2016
  7. 1. There is no error, but there is only one USB Input Driver, which is pretty unusual since my touchscreen only works on one side.

2. My full driver number is 10.0.14393.351, and my (full) hardware ID is USB\VID_04F3&PID_0379\6&277ce15b&0&1, just in case you also need that.

burchland2, Nov 20, 2016
  8. How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver

So if we google that driver version number you'll see it's part of the latest version/build of Windows 10 just released last October
    Windows 10 PC build 14393.351 now rolling out to the general public

Did you try the rollback? (per the Edit I added in my last post). That user post would seem to indicate that latest driver version is the one with a bug.

ComputerGeek, Nov 21, 2016
  9. The rollback option (or button) is grayed out. So there's no way to rollback to the previous version of the driver. And it is an HID (Human Interface Device) Driver, so I could not find it anywhere online.

burchland2, Nov 24, 2016
  10. There is no rollback. Also after I reinstalled the driver, although everything seemed like it solved my long-termed problem, I still have a large (theoretical) dead spot on the left of my screen. Emphasis on "theoretical". Only the right of my touchscreen works.

burchland2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver

1. How to update an HID Touchscreen Driver - Similar Threads - update HID Touchscreen

2. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hid Touchscreen driver is gone: So my touchscreen driver was disabled for some reason so i deleted it,, but when i went to restart it still hasnt reappeared and its gone, even in hidden devices anybody can tell me how to install it back?...
  3. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hid Touchscreen driver is gone: So my touchscreen driver was disabled for some reason so i deleted it,, but when i went to restart it still hasnt reappeared and its gone, even in hidden devices anybody can tell me how to install it back?...
  4. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HID Touchscreen driver will not disable

HID Touchscreen driver will not disable: Hi gurus, My Surface Pro has a touchscreen issue pressure points randomly appearing on screen, due to a badly replaced screen, so I need to disable the HID Touchscreen driver. But 9 times out of 10 when I restart, the driver says disabled - but the touchscreen is still...
  6. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Hi, I am looking for the correct touchscreen driver for an Asus Zenbook Flip. My driver was causing ghost touches so I disabled it and I am trying to install a new driver. Does anyone know the correct driver? Thanks...
  7. HID Touchscreen driver - ACER

HID Touchscreen driver - ACER: In a recent windows update my device manager lost the driver to the HID Touchscreen. It is no longer on my computer as I can no longer locate it to enable and disable. I have uninstalled several of the past updates, but that hasn't worked at all either. Where can I find a...
  8. driver for hid touchscreen compliant

driver for hid touchscreen compliant: hid compliant touchscreen driver or firmware needed to be downloaded for touch screen to work again. please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-hid-touchscreen-compliant/ae1ea0ae-ccf6-4a08-babe-ad6cf552cf12
  9. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Dell Latitude E5570 Windows 10 1809 I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809. Two items that are missing: 1) My touchscreen works but it is not listed in Device Manager under HID. It was listed as a compliant touchscreen. Rebooted computer and it is missing (Touchscreen still...
  10. windows10 with touchscreen software HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS

windows10 with touchscreen software HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS: where the hell are the HID COMPLIANT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS AS MICROSOFT LAKE OF HELP RUBBISH SERVICE NO WONDER THAT LARGE FINE IMICROSOFT DESERVES IT AND MORE...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does microsoft has a hid compatible touchscreen driver

2. how to full uninstall I2C HID driver

3. DRIVera touchacreen hid

4. win 10 hid touchscreen update