Windows 10: How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296?

Discus and support How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have downloaded Original ISO from Microsoft website - Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296. My Desktop PC has version Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393 1066. I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Jun 2, 2017.

1. How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296?

I have downloaded Original ISO from Microsoft website - Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296. My Desktop PC has version Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393 1066. I want to upgrade or re-install Windows 10 Pro to version 1703 15063 296 with the downloaded ISO file. Please advice me how to go about it.
    I have created with the ISO, one bootable DVD for this purpose. . I have also downloaded another file KB4016871 -if I need it for update.
    Please advice me step by step
    Thanks in advance
    aria

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jun 2, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

does the media creation tool creates an image of build 1703 or an older one?

It looks like you are already there.

The version is 1703. The build is 15063.xxx This is the Creators Update.

It looks like tho are Using Windows 10 Pro N

Most of us do not use the N version of 10 Pro

lacrumb, Jun 2, 2017
  3. After KB4074588 something bricked USB3 support on HP AIO c220 based system

I just learned that there should normally be a "fourth Tuesday" quality update for version 1709, but none was released for it two days ago despite the buggy Patch Tuesday security update. For everyone running the Pro version, I strongly recommend downloading
    the ISO for version 1703, installing that, and deferring feature updates for 365 days. For users of the home version, upgrade to pro and install version 1703. Version 1709 is a disaster and should be avoided. Remember to upgrade to at least version 1803 in
    October when version 1703 reaches its end of support. Download the ISO for 1703 (original Creators Update) here: Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 Download • Windows ISO

Joseph DeGarmo, Jun 2, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296?

Kari, Jun 2, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Please make sure you create a disk image of Windows for your own security using e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) Backup, Windows Backup, to external storage before attempting the upgrade.

We strongly recommend the routine use of disk imaging- it allows recovery should your disk fail, an upgrade fail, your PC be infected with ransomware, even user error.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  6. Thanks for your quick response. I have successfully installed/upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. First I have tried booting into the windows with the DVD Media that I had created. But this way it did not work. There was a message saying that I will have to do it within Windows and run the setup.exe. I did it this way and everything went smoothly. First it downloaded the required updates to my system, and after that upgradation took place.
    Thanks

7. Thanks Mr Dalchina,
    Thanks for your quick response. I have successfully installed/upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. First I have tried booting into the windows with the DVD Media that I had created. But this way it did not work. There was a message saying that I will have to do it within Windows and run the setup.exe. I did it this way and everything went smoothly. First it downloaded the required updates to my system, and after that upgradation took place.
    Thanks

8. dalchina New Member

Glad it worked for you. Don't forget to start using disk imaging... before sthg breaks. All regular contributors here do so, as far as I know.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  9. May I ask you - " before sthg breaks" what is the meaning of this sentence. I could not understand.

10. dalchina New Member
    Before
    - your PC becomes unbootable
    - your disk dies
    - your dog pulls the power cord out while your PC's busy and it becomes unrecoverable
    - you get infected with ransomware or some nasty virus
    - and anything else you can imagine.

If you have a set of disk images safe, even if your PC is destroyed in a fire, or stolen, you can restore a working state again.

(I was trying to save myself some typing-sorry it wasn't clear).

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Spend much time texting and you'll learn a new way of talking, seems everyone is doing it [except me, don't have a SmartPhone]. I read sthg as something.

Berton, Jun 2, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    I'm not actually alone then! Download an app to a phone? No. I've never texted either.. *chuckle

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  13. How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296?

Thanks. But I do not find it amusing to use language in this manner. May be I am out of time.
    Thanks anyway
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jun 3, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    I think sthg is shorthand for something.

As an aside, your first two names remind me of a dear university friend who went on to become the first ever Chartered Chemical Engineer to become a (UK) Member of Parliament, but regrettably tragically died very young.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asho...ish_politician)

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to update or re-install Windows 10 Pro 1703 15063 296? - Similar Threads - update install Pro

2. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-installing Windows 10 Pro: I need to do a format and reinstallation of the operating system for my computer the operating system I'm using is Windows 10 pro 64-bit. Because I don't have a disk copy of Windows 10 64-bit pro. How can I get a copy of it without having to buy again. Some people say just...
  3. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-installing Windows 10 Pro: I need to do a format and reinstallation of the operating system for my computer the operating system I'm using is Windows 10 pro 64-bit. Because I don't have a disk copy of Windows 10 64-bit pro. How can I get a copy of it without having to buy again. Some people say just...
  4. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Re-Install

Windows 10 Pro Re-Install: I purchased a desktop system that came with Windows 10 professional in 2018. Over time, the system “hangs up” or goes into a state where the mouse, start buttons, alt-cntl-delete, no longer work. It has gotten to a point it goes into a wait, within a few minutes. None of...
  6. Windows 10 Pro re-installation

Windows 10 Pro re-installation: I bought the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on my PC last year but recently the ssd got damage and I lost the OS. After I installed another ssd and reinstalled Windows I cannot find how to upgrade it again to Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a product key because I bought the digital...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324

Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324: Greetings All, Ever since installing the last Cumulative Update (15063.1324), my desktop has been freezing up intermittently and my DisplayLink USB Monitor Adapter has been flashing on and off, again on an intermittent basis. So, thinking that there will only be (hopefully)...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Re-install

Windows 10 Pro Re-install: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro two years ago. My Windows Account shows that my laptop has Windows 10 Pro registered and has a set of numbers which is probably a "digital entitlement." My hard drive crashed and I replaced it, then used the OEM disks to...
  9. Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?: After updating to version 1703, I noticed that programs were missing. I had previously installed the Win7Games4Win10, which brings back the old Solitaire, Freecell, etc. After the update they were completely gone. Is this something that occurs with the update, or just a...
  10. Windows 10 Version 15063 Installation Failure

Windows 10 Version 15063 Installation Failure: Just tried to install Version 15063 on my main machine and it failed. It got to 88% of the installation when the spinning circles stopped like the machine locked up. I left it for 20 minutes before giving up & hard rebooting. It did a repair to my previous version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1703 os build 15063.296 download to bootable USB