Windows 10: How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed?

Discus and support How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to keep Windows 10 updated, but not have the Creator's Update installed automatically? At least not for the time being. I'd like to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tfwul, Apr 24, 2017.

1. tfwul Win User

How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed?

Is there a way to keep Windows 10 updated, but not have the Creator's Update installed automatically?
    At least not for the time being. I'd like to get updates for my present build# though.

Maybe after a few months the bugs/flaws have been solved and I will do a fresh install of this Creator's Update then.

=

:)

tfwul, Apr 24, 2017

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Apr 24, 2017
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Apr 24, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

If you`re using the AU then...

Settings, Updates & Security, Advanced Options, Defer Updates

I`m using the Creator`s Update but that should be close.

AddRAM, Apr 24, 2017
  5. tfwul Win User
    I am not sure, but I don't have a "Defer Upgrades" item in the list.
    There is an item 'Defer feature updates', but I guess that is something different?

=

How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed? [​IMG]

tfwul, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    Defer upgrades is only available of the Pro versions I believe.

Mooly, Apr 24, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    I have Home on my laptop. I read on the forum you can set your connection to be metered (even if it isn't) and don't install KB3150513 to postpone the CU for while. So far, I don't have the CU *Smile

Steve C, Apr 24, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

Ya I have Pro, sorry about that.

I just PM Shawn, asked him if Deferring Feature updates is the same as deferring new builds, because that`s what I consider a feature update.

Have to wait til he gets back to me.

With Pro you can defer feature updates for 365 days.

AddRAM, Apr 24, 2017
  9. tfwul Win User
    But eh .. I have the Pro version.

=

=

tfwul, Apr 24, 2017
  10. lvgandhi Win User
    I am having windows 10 x64 home. I even do not have defer features update. Please see below.

How to do updates with out doing CU?

lvgandhi, Apr 24, 2017
  11. AddRAM Win User
    With Home click on Choose how updates are delivered, and it should say slow or fast, make sure it says slow.

As far as never getting the CU, I really don`t think it can be stopped, but if you choose slow it will take longer to get it.

And I would un check "Give me updates for other Microsoft products."

AddRAM, Apr 24, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 24, 2017
  13. AddRAM Win User

Not really, the Creators Update is a new system with added features, hence the name. But ya what you say works too. *Smile It`s just new features added to the AU.

That is how Microsoft is doing upgrades. There will never be another version of Windows, they just keep updating or as they say upgrading W10.

The only gripe I have is that we`ll have to keep clean installing the new build, if we want o do that, most of us do, I know I do, but only after a month or so.

Someone said "I hope Microsoft makes Windows 11 better then Windows 10" *Roflmao2

AddRAM, Apr 24, 2017
  14. CountMike New Member
    Just another name for Rs2(Redstone2), who knows maybe Rs3 will be called W11 or W10.5 or maybe George or Peter or Lucy *092

CountMike, Apr 24, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    In the sky with Diamonds ?

CountMike, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. How to update Windows 10 - but not to have Creator's Update installed? - Similar Threads - update Creator's Update

2. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  3. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  4. How to NOT GET Windows 10 Creators Update

How to NOT GET Windows 10 Creators Update: There's a very long thread here about the creators update ... and a boatload of posts scattered elsewhere ... ... all pointing to problems with it. So how can I ensure that I DO NOT get the creators update? 88906
  5. creator update installed

creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  6. Updated to Creators, should it have?

Updated to Creators, should it have?: One of my computers updated to 1703 on its own. I didn't think the update was being pushed yet. I am sure I had not enabled fast track or whatever it was called. Is 1703 now being installed automatically? Or did mine go rogue? 85671
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation: I just received Windows 10 Creators Update, and I also want to perform a clean installation, but does the Windows 10 download right now from Microsoft website contains this update? Or I will have to do a clean install, and then wait a bit (a few days, hours?), or, I will be...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation: After Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators update, is it then possible to make de installation silent? I've tried de manual update, but you'll get the 'Welcome to Windows 10!' screen... The reason I want to do this, is because I've got a lot of customers with Win 10...
  9. How to get the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 Creators Update: UPDATE 10/17/2017: How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums Starting today, the Windows 10 Creators Update is rolling out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases, starting with newer machines first. A key part of our phased approach is...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...