Windows 10: How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?

Discus and support How to update Windows 10 over metered connection? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I've had it a week and notice that no updates have yet been downloaded - all the available updates are marked 'Waiting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Michaels, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Michaels Win User

How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

I've had it a week and notice that no updates have yet been downloaded - all the available updates are marked 'Waiting for download'.

I use a mobile broadband dongle and I am limited to 10 GB data a month.

My understanding is that Windows 10 will recognise that I am on a 'metered connection' and will therefore not automatically download updates.

How then can I update my system? I am not aware of any way to set my mobile broadband connection as 'unmetered', and there is no 'download now' option, so how can I get the updates?

Why the urgency to update? Well, for example, I want to install Office 2010 from DVD, but not if I am unable to get all the many updates that have been released for it immediately.

:)

Michaels, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows Updates

You can use metered connections hack to help prevent the over use of data such as updates.

here it what i used How to set an Ethernet connection as metered on Windows 10

if you have windows 10 pro you can also use group policies to even take better control over the updates.

JimmyWin10, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Akane, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Michaels Win User
    I don't understand. I already have Windows 10. I just want to be able to get updates over mobile broadband.

Michaels, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
Thema:

1. How to update Windows 10 over metered connection? - Similar Threads - update metered connection

2. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  3. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  4. Windows 10 Updated Without Permission Over Metered Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated Without Permission Over Metered Connection: Recently, my new laptop with Windows 10 began installing updates when powered on, despite the fact that I have changed the update options to not download over a metered connection which my connections are all listed as. These updates were not only unwanted, causing...
  5. How to Enable Download Microsoft Edge Updates over Metered Connections

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable Download Microsoft Edge Updates over Metered Connections: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  6. Delivery optimization over metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery optimization over metered connection: I would like to know if delivery optimization can be turned off for delivering or receiving updates from other computers on local network when connected over metered connection. I know the documentation mentions delivery optimization is disabled when on a metered connection...
  7. Windows now doing automatic updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows now doing automatic updates over metered connection: I have metered connection on and auto. download over metered off. This worked to prevent automatic updates until 2018-11-14, when it downloaded lots of updates anyway. Does anyone know what has changed? Is there any way now to prevent auto. updates with Windows Home? 121724
  8. Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Allow Automatically Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 By default, Windows Update in Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates,...
  9. Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection: I have 3 windows 10 1703 machines on a Metered connection, however windows update just installed KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413) on each of them over the last 2 days why? Metered connection is set to "ON". Any advise would be appreciated. 86875
  10. Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: Since the Creators Update the mysterious wording in Windows Update has puzzled many, and Microsoft hasn't exactly been forthcoming. Just what updates are "required to keep Windows running smoothly"? [img] It doesn't help that the behaviour of updates over metered...