Windows 10: How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed?

Discus and support How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ineuw, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ineuw Win User

How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed?

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 (plugged into house current), and would like Windows updates to be installed while I close the lid overnight. What would be proper power settings to accomplish this? Thanks.

:)

ineuw, Oct 6, 2016

2. Touchpad keeps disabling when lid is on

There is no problem in touchpad. Windows 10 is working perfectly and i have no complain about the any hardware not working with windows 10.

My problem is very simple: When i close my lid of laptop. Windows 10 disable my touchpad and when i open my lid of laptop, windows 10 enables the touchpad.

The only thing i want to know is that. How to disable this feature of turning off touchpad as i close down the laptop lid.

sarweshmaharjan, Oct 6, 2016
  3. How to set what opening the lid does (windows 10)

How do I make so that opening the lid on my Toshiba windows 10 laptop, wake it up from sleep? It is set to go to sleep when it's not charging, and lid is closed. So how do I make it wake up when I open the lid? This option should be right by the option
    for closing the lid, but it's not.

JosephStalter, Oct 6, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Set when I close the lid setting to "do nothing":

How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed? [​IMG]

Also set sleep timeout to never:

How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 6, 2016
  5. ineuw Win User
    Much thanks NavyLCDR. It's easy.

ineuw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to update Windows 10 when the laptop lid is closed? - Similar Threads - update laptop lid

2. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  3. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  4. Closing the lid on a laptop during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing the lid on a laptop during updates: My mother bought a laptop with win10 home last year, and it was updated to win11 back in December. She just asked me if she can close the lid after choosing "update windows and shut down". I haven't owned a laptop in over 10 years, well technically I still have an XP laptop...
  5. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  6. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run Laptop with the lid closed in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When we are away from our desk, we usually close the lid of our laptop first and then leave. It’s primarily to keep the prying eyes off the screen. However, this doesn’t mean we have turned off the laptop. It’s [...] This post How to run Laptop with the lid...
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can windows update if laptop is closed

2. windows update closed lid

3. will windows 10 laptop update with lod closed

4. windows 10 update when lid is closed,
  5. will windows 10 update when laptop is closed?