Windows 10: How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

Discus and support How to update windows 1803 in audit mode? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Whelan189, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Whelan189 Win User

How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to, using windows 10 education, in audit mode.

heard of doing an offline update, not sure where to find this info, many thanks

:)

Whelan189, Aug 10, 2018

2. Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

Hi ScottCharlton1,

Using the Windows 10 Audit Mode is a good way to bypass the
    Out-Of-Box Experience (OOBE)
    on your Windows, specially if what you'll need for troubleshooting is the built-in administrator. To get more information on
    Audit Mode, you can use this article as reference. There are a few things that you can
    perform as well, when booting Windows to Audit Mode or OOBE. You can use some of these commands and steps as reference on this
    link.

To answer your question if can you install Windows 10 updates while in Audit Mode, no. Because this will render the
    Windows Update locked. However, you should be able to install the updates that your computer would be needing manually. I recommend that you perform the steps shared by
    Forum Moderator Kate Li (MSFT CSG) posted last March 3, 2017 on this
    link for further information.

Please don't hesitate to keep me posted with the results, for me to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Aug 10, 2018
  4. How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

I apologize for the confusion on this, but I've been hitting a lot of brick walls with sysprep and WIndows 10.

I'm rebuilding an image from scratch. With Windows 10, should I boot into Audit Mode and install all my applications, and configure my desktop and my start menu, then should I boot out of audit mode and install windows updates? Problem is, once I'm in
    Audit mode, I can only boot into generalize, and that captures the image which I don't want to do.

So my question is this: Can I install windows 10 updates while in Audit mode? Should I install them in Audit mode?

ScottCharlton1, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

1. How to update windows 1803 in audit mode? - Similar Threads - update 1803 audit

2. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  3. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  4. what is audit mode

what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  5. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  6. Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates: I apologize for the confusion on this, but I've been hitting a lot of brick walls with sysprep and WIndows 10. I'm rebuilding an image from scratch. With Windows 10, should I boot into Audit Mode and install all my applications, and configure my desktop and my start menu,...
  7. Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode: We have a Windows 10 WIM configured with the required software. When I pull down the pre-Syspreped image (which was captured while in Audit Mode), I am unable to use Windows Update to patch the image. How are you folks handling the updates to your gold Windows 10 images?...
  8. Audit Mode going into OOBE

Audit Mode going into OOBE: Hello all, Why is it that when I am in audit mode and I set my .theme package, I then OOBE out, and it deletes the theme that I installed? Do I need to add the theme to an unattended XML file? 78210
  9. How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut?

How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut?: I installed an application in audit mode, and then sysprep.exe to OOBE. After this , i can find the applications, but desktop shortcut and startup menu disappear How can i prevent these ? 34135
  10. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install 1803 in audit mode

2. install feature update image audit mode

3. nstalling Windows Update in Audit mode

4. audit mode windows 10,
  5. how to get out of audit mode 2019,
  6. windows 10 1903 audit mode freezing,
  7. can i upgrade from windows 10 1803 to 1903 in Windows Audit Mode?,
  8. windows 10 1803 wont feature update in audit mode,
  9. how to terminate audit mode windows 10,
  10. sysprep to oobe for feature update then sysprep back to audit mode??,
  11. add questions to revision 1803,