How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

Discus and support How to update windows 1803 in audit mode? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Whelan189, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:13 AM.

1. Whelan189 Win User

Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to, using windows 10 education, in audit mode.

heard of doing an offline update, not sure where to find this info, many thanks

:)

2. Jennifer Bri Win User

Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:15 AM
  3. ErwinJames San Win User
    Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

Hi ScottCharlton1,

Using the Windows 10 Audit Mode is a good way to bypass the
    Out-Of-Box Experience (OOBE)
    on your Windows, specially if what you'll need for troubleshooting is the built-in administrator. To get more information on
    Audit Mode, you can use this article as reference. There are a few things that you can
    perform as well, when booting Windows to Audit Mode or OOBE. You can use some of these commands and steps as reference on this
    link.

To answer your question if can you install Windows 10 updates while in Audit Mode, no. Because this will render the
    Windows Update locked. However, you should be able to install the updates that your computer would be needing manually. I recommend that you perform the steps shared by
    Forum Moderator Kate Li (MSFT CSG) posted last March 3, 2017 on this
    link for further information.

Please don't hesitate to keep me posted with the results, for me to assist you further.

ErwinJames San, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:15 AM
  4. ScottCharlton1 Win User

Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

I apologize for the confusion on this, but I've been hitting a lot of brick walls with sysprep and WIndows 10.

I'm rebuilding an image from scratch. With Windows 10, should I boot into Audit Mode and install all my applications, and configure my desktop and my start menu, then should I boot out of audit mode and install windows updates? Problem is, once I'm in
    Audit mode, I can only boot into generalize, and that captures the image which I don't want to do.

So my question is this: Can I install windows 10 updates while in Audit mode? Should I install them in Audit mode?

ScottCharlton1, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:15 AM
Thema:

1. How to update windows 1803 in audit mode? - Similar Threads - update 1803 audit

2. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.: Hi, Windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Turned on HP (h9-1400a) desktop as normal. Sys then goes into the normal windows is updating please wait. I wait, it reboots and the CPU fan maxes out as soon as the PC restarts. I log in, check tasks running, CPU is at 7%,...
  3. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  4. Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10: Hi I have recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 3050 installed with Windows 10 Pro. All the latest windows updates are now installed. I have connected my Xerox Documate 152i to a USB 2 port ( have also tried a USB 3 port ) and loaded the scanner software / drivers and also...
  5. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  6. Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...: I recently tried to update my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro to the latest version (currently my Win10 version is 1607) and I got this BSOD error: [ATTACH] After this Blue Screen of Death I waited for about 5 minutes and for some reason it did not reboot automatically. I tried to...
  7. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  8. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...
  9. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...
  10. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...