Windows 10: How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media?

Discus and support How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I inserted Windows 10 Pro Multiple Edition 1511 10586 64 Bit (7223712) on my Dvd drive in my Desktop PC and booted to check whether the dvd works or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 18, 2015.

1. How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media?

I inserted Windows 10 Pro Multiple Edition 1511 10586 64 Bit (7223712) on my Dvd drive in my Desktop PC and booted to check whether the dvd works or not?
    It booted without any problem and the first screen that I got had the following message:

" It looks like you started an upgrade & booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from your PC & Click Yes.. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click No."

I took out the installation media (DVD) from the drive and clicked Yes. Desktop PC continued to load the OS which was already there (Previously installed).
    I want to know if I want to upgrade my Laptop with this same media having Windows 10 Home 10240 Single Language, how to go about it? Would I have to run the DVD (installation media) within the Laptop without going into booting process.
    Please advice.
    Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 18, 2015

2. Lenovo laptop not booting after upgraded to Windows​10

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I've download Windows-10 upgrader from microsoft website. The upgrade was done properly with out any issues. After the upgrade i've installed audio, bluetooth, touch pad & camera drivers and then i just restarted the laptop to complete
    installation. There the problem started after i pressed the restart button my laptop has shutted down but stuck @ lenovo logo only. I've waited for 30 mins but still it is showing Lenovo logo only.

My laptop is inbuilt battery and i dont know how to remove it. Could you please help in this???

Thank you.

sumukhreddy, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Keyboard slugash after upgrade to creators edition

I found an upgrade file on lenovos web site specific to my laptop dated after the release of windows 10. It had an option for flash instalation that worked perfectly.

MarshallMagid, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media?

to upgrade - you run the setup.exe from within the host OS you want to upgrade..
    to clean install - you boot from the setup media

5. Thanks for information. Please clear one more doubt. if I run the DVD within OS of Laptop and upgrading process, do I have to to go once again through the activation process? If yes what are the steps, please elaborate.
    My Laptop was bundled with Windows 8.1 and upgraded OTA to Windows 10 build 10240 Single Language.
    Thanks once again
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    No - the activation process is automatic

7. Another querry, please advise should I upgrade from DVD installation media or wait for upgrade/update to appear on my laptop.
    Thanks
    ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 19, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Upgrade from the DVD. If at any time the upgrade asks for a product key, stop and cancel it. You are attempting to upgrade to the wrong version. It should complete without asking for a product key.

NavyLCDR, Nov 19, 2015
  9. Thanks for information Mr NavyLCDR. I tried to upgrade yesterday with the installation media and it was asking me product key. I tried to enter my keys( after the upgradation of Windows 10 )which it was not accepting neither Windows 8.1 keys. That means my media was of wrong version?
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 20, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, wrong version, and you would not be able to activate it. Your opening post said, " I want to upgrade my Laptop with this same media having Windows 10 Home 10240 Single Language" so you would want Windows 10 Single Language, which is available on the "Tech Bench" Microsoft website:
    Tech Bench

How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 20, 2015
  11. I was really worried that why my genuine keys were branded as wrong keys. Thanks Mr NavyLCDR for providing me useful information and removing my worries. I will now download thru the link provided by you.
    Thanks once again
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 20, 2015
  12. Kyhi Win User
    Thanks Navy..

I missed the connection..

Ashok, did very good posting relevant info, I just missed it..

13. How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media?

I have now downloaded windows 10 home 1511 10586 single Language and upgraded my laptop without any hitch. Thanks for useful information and guiding me.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to upgrade my Lenovo Laptop with the Installation Media? - Similar Threads - upgrade Lenovo Laptop

2. How to fix the booting of my lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the booting of my lenovo laptop?: So, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 yogaSerial Number:R90NUF6AMachine Type Model:20JES0AJ00I have tried booting my laptop on multiple occasions, and it would often come up with a black screen, saying "2100: Detection error on Storage Device M.2" as well as restarting with a blue...
  3. How to fix the booting of my lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the booting of my lenovo laptop?: So, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 yogaSerial Number:R90NUF6AMachine Type Model:20JES0AJ00I have tried booting my laptop on multiple occasions, and it would often come up with a black screen, saying "2100: Detection error on Storage Device M.2" as well as restarting with a blue...
  4. How to fix the booting of my lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my laptop is lenovo ideapad 310 15ikb, how to install windows OS...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my laptop is lenovo ideapad 310 15ikb, how to install windows OS...?: hi, i am using Lenovo ideapad , i have some quarries regarding windows OS installation, 1 It is better to migrate Windows OS to new SSD after Factory data reset Or should i fresh install windows OS..? 2 I tried Lenovo recovery media but it failed due to Mcoffe so i want...
  6. Lenovo laptops updating/upgrading failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptops updating/upgrading failures: I've seen that quite a few Lenovo laptops have failures with upgrading and/or updating to various new builds offered by Windows 10. I am one of those who has never liked this laptop. Anyway, this link might help some who do like it and need help with specific problems:...
  7. How to install windows 10 media on Lenovo Aio computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install windows 10 media on Lenovo Aio computer: I put out a post yesterday saying I got the other user screen after a factory reset and I couldn’t access anything. After many, many, failed attempts to do something I’ve just decided to do a fresh install of windows and see if that work. The only thing I’m unsure of is how...
  8. MY Lenovo laptop

MY Lenovo laptop: on start my computer1 gives this prompt:..Error in C\windows\system 32\logilda missing entry:logifetch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-laptop/694b688d-7d5f-4be1-80ba-e5d6bbc66b6a
  9. My Lenovo laptop has deactivated my WIN10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Lenovo laptop has deactivated my WIN10 upgrade: several times in recent months. Troubleshooter will no longer help activate. Nothing that the chat, nor instructions to fix this problem listed under the error code has worked. Code= 0xC004F050. Thanks for any help!...
  10. how can i install apps in my lenovo laptop

how can i install apps in my lenovo laptop: sir I am buying new laptop .it is good . but my apps are not down load in my system. so what can I do . please give guidance. tq...