Windows 10: how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update?

Discus and support how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have windows 8.1 and already reserved windows 10 , but windows update doesn't work always stuck at checking for updates [img] i tried all fixes on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheViper, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TheViper Win User

how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update?

i have windows 8.1 and already reserved windows 10 , but windows update doesn't work always stuck at checking for updates
    how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update? [​IMG]
    i tried all fixes on the internet and it didn't work . so how do i get windows 10?

:)

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Jul 28, 2015
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Jul 28, 2015
  4. how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update?

You'll get a notice when your upgrade is ready. I got mine about 7 PM Eastern Time. Took about an hour and went painlessly. I am impressed. I was really wondering if Microsoft could bring this off.

squigglyanne, Jul 28, 2015
  5. TheViper Win User
    the problem is i cant get any updates so i think i will not get the upgrade

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015
  6. tw33k Win User
    I downloaded from here and put it on a flash drive. I installed it already on my main PC and it's working great

tw33k, Jul 28, 2015
  7. TheViper Win User
    i tried this tool but i cant pause and resume the download. and i have a shitty internet so i cant use it.

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015
  8. GARoss Win User

I doing this download now to a USB flash drive. My internet is DSL & at 5.5Mb now but will drop late today. Download is at 7%.

GARoss, Jul 28, 2015
  9. tw33k Win User
    Then I'm not sure how you'll go downloading it. Have you got a friend that can put it on a flash drive for you?

tw33k, Jul 28, 2015
  10. TheViper Win User
    but the problem is i need to upgrade for the first time from windows update or the tool to get the key then i can use the flash drive.

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015
  11. Doing an upgrade, no key required.

nigelmercier, Jul 28, 2015
  12. GARoss Win User
    After an hour the download is at 86%. So, what's next? I have Win7 64-bit on a custom PC, so I do have my install DVD & product key. I don't want to do a clean install so will I be able to "upgrade" to Win10 & keep my software?

Also, I use Oops Back-up on a separate drive. Is that enough or do I need to clone C:?
    BTW - Win7 on C: uses 100Gb of 125Gb SSD.

GARoss, Jul 28, 2015
  13. TheViper Win User

yeah i know but i can't get the upgrade b/c windows update not working and i cant upgrade from the tool b/c no resume. do you know anyway to fix windows update i tried sfc , dism , windows update troubleshooter , microsoft fix . and still not working

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015
  14. TheViper Win User
    i think if u choose the upgrade option from the tool u will not lose ur software

TheViper, Jul 28, 2015
  15. Correct, it will save everything.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. how to upgrade to windows 10 without windows update? - Similar Threads - upgrade without update

2. How to get Win 10 updates without upgrading to Win 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Win 10 updates without upgrading to Win 11: So my Windows 10 PC has autoloaded Win 11 and is ready to reboot and install. I don't want Win 11. I don't want to learn a new interface. I don't have time to mess with that. I don't want to put my apps and data at risk. I barely have the space on my SS drive. I hate...
  3. How to get Win 10 updates without upgrading to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Win 10 updates without upgrading to Win 11: So my Windows 10 PC has autoloaded Win 11 and is ready to reboot and install. I don't want Win 11. I don't want to learn a new interface. I don't have time to mess with that. I don't want to put my apps and data at risk. I barely have the space on my SS drive. I hate...
  4. How to get Win 10 updates without upgrading to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Without Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Without Updating: Hi. My laptop is Windows 10 Home but I am still staying on Version 1903, due to my preference of the search box. But, I want to get the Microsoft Virtual Machine and the option to defer updates, as in Windows 10 Pro . 1) Will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without...
  6. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 News
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you upgrade from one version of Windows to a higher version, new features get added to your computer, and at the same time, your files & data remain intact and unaffected. This means that a user can use their [...] This post How to upgrade from Windows...
  7. How to upgrade motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows 10?

How to upgrade motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows 10?: I would like to upgrade the motherboard and CPU of my computer, which runs Windows 10. However, I would prefer to avoid reinstalling the operating system. The OS is installed to an M.2 NVMe drive on an AM3+ socket motherboard, and I will be upgrading to an AM4 socket...
  8. how to update windows 10 1903 without internet.

how to update windows 10 1903 without internet.: Do you know how to update windows 10 1903 without internet? I tried to update windows 10 1903 without internet but i failed. the customer center announcer said that "we don't know that and we don't have solution about that. but you can read some document for update on...
  9. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...
  10. How to shutdown windows 10 without updating

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to shutdown windows 10 without updating: Hello our dear readers! Don’t you just hate it when Windows decides to suddenly update itself when you just want to shut down your laptop and go? Today’s tip will help you skip updating your Windows while shutting down or restarting. Let me explain what happens: Your computer...