Windows 10: How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Discus and support How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You may have just not entered the URL correctly. You have to use only the URL bit and not all of the html coding in the link they provide. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by lehnerus2000, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Jezza819 Win User

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Ok here it goes,

This blank space is where I keep trying to insert it and nothing is happening.

Now you said just to use the url bit and not all of the html stuff, what does that mean? Did you use the insert image button when you put yours in?

Jezza819, Jan 7, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you use the "Insert Image" button, don't include the How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Jezza819 Win User

Jezza819, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Jezza819 Win User

You know, you see an image on a website, you put your cursor over it and "right click it", that brings up a menu where you can"save image as". That's how I've always saved images.

I do have a screen capture tool for Chrome

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums [​IMG]

But I want to know how this poster did this straight from the speed test.

Speed test recommendations?

Jezza819, Jan 7, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you use the insert image button, then you would enter only the URL for the image below:

https://www.speedtest.net/desktop/29319811.png

.... or post this exactly below with the URL inbetween the [url='https://www.tenforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode'][b]bbcode[/b][/url].

[b][img]https://www.speedtest.net/desktop/29319811.png[/b]

Brink, Jan 7, 2018
  6. Jezza819 Win User
    Trying again. First using the tags.

[img]https://www.speedtest.net/desktop/29319811.png

Now here it is trying to use the insert image button

It's blank because nothing happens when I try putting it in using the button.

Jezza819, Jan 7, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Looks like you got it. *Party

Leave the box unchecked like below since it appears the site doesn't allow retrieving the image.

Brink, Jan 7, 2018
  8. Jezza819 Win User

Ok let's see what this does.

That's what it was. You have to leave that box unchecked. At least I knew I was following the instructions in the tutorial and was puzzled as to why it wasn't working but it turns out for this one you had to partially ignore the instructions.

But how was this image posted in post #711?

Jezza819, Jan 7, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Normally, you would check the box to have the image retrieved from the site and uploaded and attached here instead of just linked. This way the image will never be broken in your post here if the linked source should kill the link.

If the source site doesn't allow retrieving of the image from their site, then yeah you have no choice but to uncheck the box instead to just link it. Another option is to take a screenshot of the image from the other site, and upload and attach the screenshot here.

Brink, Jan 7, 2018
  10. templar Win User
    Hi,

I use the attachment feature where it brings me to the File Uploader Manager and have noticed some files from older threads that I uploaded ages ago, however, there doesn't seem to be a delete button to remove them.

templar, Mar 7, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello templar, *Smile

It's preferred to not delete them since it would break the images in your posts that could make them hard to understand afterwards.

Brink, Mar 7, 2018
  12. templar Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in acknowledging it, I only have just seen it.

templar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums - Similar Threads - Upload Post Screenshots

2. How to Delete a Ten Forums Post

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete a Ten Forums Post: Due to an issue with certain information (related to security) that I included in a previous post, I was asked to delete the post. I have tried in vain to find a 'Delete' or 'Cancel' button. Can someone please advise how I can delete a post from Ten Forums. Thanks 181375
  3. What forum to post this in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What forum to post this in: I would like to recover files that have been deleted from my recycle bin. I don't know what forum to post a question about this in. 171768
  4. AVG ten forums

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG ten forums: on my laptop and decided to look in the forum. Forum opens on screen but as soon as I want a page this happens. (Image) so I have uninstalled AVG Free. 159801
  5. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  6. how to post a screenshot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to post a screenshot?: how to post a screenshot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-post-a-screenshot/044024ee-baf3-4231-bdd5-c5a96aff47dd
  7. First Post to This Forum

in Windows 10 Support
    First Post to This Forum: Am a newbie and this is my first post to this forum. I think I have set things up correctly but wonder about receiving replies Would someone please reply to this post so I can check whether or not that feature works. Thank you a lot. 132204
  8. Error on Ten Forums IPhone App

in Windows 10 Support
    Error on Ten Forums IPhone App: Didn’t know what forum to post to. Getting attached page when opening the app on my iPhone 6. Have latest IOS version installed. 116817
  9. Thank You Ten Forums...

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank You Ten Forums...: i've gone far too long without thanking tenforums for being the tremendous resource that it is, in fact i can't imagine using windows 10 without having this fantastic site to lean on, and instead having to depend on the "official" site that points to scannow and dism as the...
  10. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums: How to: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to fill out your system specs at Ten Forums which will enable other members to assist you more quickly and efficiently....