Windows 10: How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?

Discus and support How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ? 49914 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmlmstf, May 10, 2016.

1. cmlmstf Win User

How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?

Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ?

:)

cmlmstf, May 10, 2016
  2. FabrizioR Win User

How to use Cingular 8525 as a network card via USB on laptop?

I've seen a lot of posts regarding how to set up a WM5 pocketPC as a modem, but mine seems to be stuck in RNDIS mode (trying to turn off: USB to PC -> enable advanced network functionality). Vista and XP can't detect the phone as a modem and I do have the
    USBMDM drivers handy if the device is ever recognized properly.

How can I switch it back to serial mode (instead of RNDIS) so I can use it as a modem?

If I'm stuck in the "advanced network functionality" (RNDIS) mode permanently for some reason, is there a way to have Vista see the 8525 as a USB-attached network card instead that can be used for Internet access either via GPRS/Edge/Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

FabrizioR, May 10, 2016
  3. FabrizioR Win User
    How to use Cingular 8525 as a network card via USB on laptop?

No, that didn't help.

The problem is with the step that requires me to use the "USB to PC" application, I can not switch the device out of the "Enable advanced network functionality" mode. I receive a "Failed to disable RNDIS to use Serial." error message.

The USB modem connection will not work while RNDIS is enabled evidently.

I have the 8525 working as a modem over both IRDA and Bluetooth already. (Amazing how much faster BT is than IRDA)

I want a USB tethered solution so the phone charges from the laptop while being used as a modem. IRDA is difficult because of the positional dependency for the IR ports, and my laptop doesn't have integrated BT and I find the USB BT dongle inconvienent.
    I carry a USB cable for charging and syncing already... might as well use it for modem connectivity too. IF I can get this 8525 out of RNDIS mode.

Is it possible that there an application installed / running on my device that is preventing the OS from switching from RNDIS to Serial?

I have both Cingular's Xpress Mail and GoodTechnology's GoodLink services running.

Thanks!

FabrizioR, May 10, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

5. cmlmstf Win User
    cmlmstf, May 10, 2016
  6. strollin Win User
    Typically, on a Windows tablet the C: drive is the internal storage. When you insert a memory card it usually appears in File Explorer as the D: drive. You can treat the D: drive the same as an hdd for storage purposes. Create folders, save data files or even install programs there. When you want to save a file or install a program, you will need to direct the system to the D: drive, otherwise it will default to the C: drive.

strollin, May 10, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can also create junction points. For example the media playing program Kodi stores it's movie database and settings in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi. If I want that big database on my microSD card or I want more than one user on that computer to have the same move database, I move the Kodi folder to D:\Kodi. Then in an elevated command prompt run the command:
    mklink /j D:\Kodi C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Then whenever the program or file explorer accesses C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi it is actually the data on the microSD card. Some programs don't like junctions though and will crash.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage? - Similar Threads - microsd card hdd

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  5. Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage

Use HDD Storage as GPU Storage: Hi! I am Noki! So i have a laptop that runs pretty fast, but i wanna play games like Fortnite, but even at 720p all Low, other than 100% 3D Res, it rund 10/15fps, IT'S AWFUL! But for example Genshin Impact 720p runs 45fps on Medium Graphics. So that's why i am confused. So is...
  6. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  7. how to format a MicroSD card?

how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  8. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Safe to use chkdsk on MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to use chkdsk on MicroSD card?: Hi! While making a complete "from scratch" backup of my expensive 400 GB Micro SD card, I just received an error for two files: --------------------------- Synchredible: synchredible.exe - Corrupt File --------------------------- The file or directory [full file path here]...
  10. OneDrive Storage on MicroSD Card (Dell Tablet)

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Storage on MicroSD Card (Dell Tablet): Hey guys, This is a strange problem that only seems to happen on Windows 10. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, which shipped with Windows 8 (it may have been 8.1, can't remember) Well, the problem with it is that it only has a 32GB on-board flash memory. After the OS and drivers...