Windows 10: How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge

Discus and support How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I open a lot of manuals and Edge is so basic. It shows nothing from introduction to index just the manual. I used to be able to go to the index... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by REO51ST, Aug 14, 2015.

1. REO51ST Win User

How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge

I open a lot of manuals and Edge is so basic.

It shows nothing from introduction to index just the manual.

I used to be able to go to the index and find the specific part of the manual I need.

Has Microsoft blocked this.

REO

:)

REO51ST, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Problems opening PDF in Edge

My recommendation is that you do not try to open pdf files in Edge, nor in any other browser. The best place to open them is in a pdf reader. Even though Adobe Reader is the most popular pdf reader, I recommend the free Foxit reader (Free PDF Reader & PDF Viewer Download | Foxit Software),
    which I think is much better than Adobe Reader.

Ken Blake, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  5. REO51ST Win User
    My daughter just showed me the fix.

Just use IE instead of Edge.

Go Kylee.

Regards.
    REO

REO51ST, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Adobe has released a new Version 2015.010.20056 of its free software for viewing PDF documents, now known as Acrobat Reader DC. This update contains security and bug fixes.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge - Similar Threads - Adobe Reader open

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  6. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, I think the following is not a windows 10 problem, but I will ask for help anyway.When I receive by mail any pdf document and open it just to read it, on closing the file I am asked if I want to save the changes..., but I did nothing to change anything.Searched the...
  7. Filling in forms using PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filling in forms using PDF Adobe Acrobat Reader: After installing updates for Microsoft Windows 10 I cannot fill in a firm that I want to send to another website, such as sending my Name and information to a state to get travel information, screen will go blank and then go back to my apps page. What am I doing wrong...
  8. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open

Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open: I recently installed the adobe PDF reader. When I open the program it says the file is corrupted and will find a solution, will close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled didn't solve the program. The reader is set as the default. How do I solve problem? Thanks in advance. 56036

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use adobe instead of pdf reader

2. use adobe instead of installed pdf reader

3. use adobe instead of edge for pdfs

4. how to open pdf in adobe instead of edge,
  5. when clicking pdf link open in adobe instead of edge