Windows 10: How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

Discus and support How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i am trying to repair my windows(i cannot boot to windows 10 and i tried automatic repair three times already). Can't even boot to safe mode. Keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by goldenstar, Sep 24, 2017.

1. How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

i am trying to repair my windows(i cannot boot to windows 10 and i tried automatic repair three times already). Can't even boot to safe mode. Keeps getting pci.sys corruption error at boot up.

So i am forced to use a usb to boot to a Pre-installed window environment.

Upon using Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

i get an error:

error 50 DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the /online option.

Please help.

Sidenote: I already tried sfc /scannow and got an error: windows resource system found corruptions but is unable to fix. So that why i am using DISM.

:)

goldenstar, Sep 24, 2017

2. I got this error code running sfc /scannow in WIndows 10 64 bit. What does it mean?

DISM can be used to service the following operating systems:

• Windows 8.1
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Windows Server® 2012
    • Windows® 7
    • Windows Server 2008 R2
    • Windows Server 2008 SP2
    • Windows PE 5.0
    • Windows PE 4.0
    • Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 3.0
    • It doesn't mention Windows 10 -
    DISM - Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM.exe) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows® image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) image. DISM can be used to service a Windows image (.wim) or
    a virtual hard disk (.vhd or .vhdx).

DISM replaces the ImageX tool which was deprecated in Windows 8. DISM also replaces Package Manager (Pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg that were included in previous deployment toolkits. DISM also adds new functionality to improve the experience for offline
    servicing.

Sorry, but this is way over my head. lol!

Lexx Luthor, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Problem with errorcode 0xc000021a

Still nothing. It says "Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. Version 10.0.15063.0.

Error:50

DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option.

The DISM file can be found at X: \windows\logs\DISM\dism.log"

LoveMagnusson, Sep 24, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

If you are booting PE then you want to repair the offine image - online refers to the Windows image currently running which if you booted PE would be PE.

Something line Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows

See Repair a Windows Image

Your PE environment needs to have DISM installed also if it doesn't already. You'd need to mount PE, add these and then dismount again. Code: Add-Package WinPE-WMI # subset of WMI providers that enable minimal system diagnostics Add-Package WinPE-NetFX # subset of the .NET Framework 4.5 Add-Package WinPE-Scripting # multiple-language scripting environment Add-Package WinPE-PowerShell # PowerShell–based diagnostics (requires all previous) Add-Package WinPE-DismCmdlets # Dism PowerShell module[/quote] WinPE: Add packages (Optional Components Reference)

Most likely these will be added anyway but it depends where you got your PE image from.

5. goldenstar, Sep 24, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    From Recovery Environment the DISM commands are installed I believe so nothing to worry about there. And, yes, you will need to enter commands from cmd.exe.

From Recovery Environment you will get a command prompt like X:\>Sources (see this tutorial - Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials )

Then you need to identify which drive letter is assigned to the windows installation on your PC. Most likely it will be C but it may not.

This tutorial explains how. Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

If you haven't run SFC at boot as described in the tutorial above then run it - something like:
    sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows

Then (assuming it is C - if not change C to D or whatever) enter:
    DISM /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

The "/revertpendingactions" switch is optional but according to this blog helps with non-booting situations.

Getting out of a no boot situation after installing updates on Windows 7-2008R2 The Windows Servicing Guy

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

1. How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment? - Similar Threads - DISM WINDOW environment

2. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?: I have never had the SFC/DISM commands work successfully from PE/RE by either getting an initialization error or Windows resource protection error. I am trying to find out if there is a way to structure those commands so that they do work successfully in those environments....
  3. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?: I have never had the SFC/DISM commands work successfully from PE/RE by either getting an initialization error or Windows resource protection error. I am trying to find out if there is a way to structure those commands so that they do work successfully in those environments....
  4. Repairing Windows 10 from the RE/PE environment?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM Capture Windows 10.19041 - Environment Invalid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Capture Windows 10.19041 - Environment Invalid: Hi,I try to capture a Windows 10 Installation with dismdism /caputre-image /imagefile:\\myDestination\myW10.wim /CaputreDir: D:\ name:myW10 /compress:maxThe version of the windows PE I bootet into seems to be 10.0.18362The capture don't really start. The DISM Log says...
  6. Repair Using DISM in Windows PE

Repair Using DISM in Windows PE: I cannot boot my windows. Already tried automatic startup repair and resetting the PC which both failed. I have a flash drive containing windows 10. so how do I restore it? Restoring corrupt OS in windows 7 and xp was way more simpler than the newer OS. tsk!...
  7. How to Run DISM Commands in Win PE (Boot Failure)?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Run DISM Commands in Win PE (Boot Failure)?: I am having boot issues on my PC and so I need to fix the component store since I think the Windows files are corrupted. Usually, in Windows, I can just run dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it works fine. However, since I can't boot into Windows, I have to go...
  8. How to use PEBakery to create Windows PE.

How to use PEBakery to create Windows PE.: I downloaded "Standalone Nightly (x64)" from GitHub - pebakery/pebakery: PEBakery is a script engine that specializes in customizing the Windows Preinstalled Environment (WinPE/WinRE). I ran "PEBakeryLauncher.exe" and got "Unable to find project". What should I do? [img]...
  9. How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?

How to remove PE environment of AOMEI Onekey Recovery only?: I am planning to do 'Differential Increment' using Macrium Reflect Free. I have AOMEI OneKey recovery and Partition Assistant installed already with their PE. I want to remove AOMEI Recovery with its PE and install Macrium Reflect with its PE but keep AOMEI Partition...
  10. How to run DISM in Windows PE?

How to run DISM in Windows PE?: Last Thursday Windows 10 downloaded an update, after the update it closed down to restart. It failed to restart and will not boot up. Going online I managed to get to the recovery screen which had several options including system restore. System Restore does nothing but tell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism from windows pe

2. how to use dism in windows pe

3. run dism sources pe environment 2012

4. dism cleanup image in pe environment,
  5. revertpendingactions,
  6. commande dism windows 10 sous environnement pe,
  7. dism does not support servicing windows pe,
  8. how do you include dism to winpe disk,
  9. how modify kyhis pe disk,
  10. dism pe environment,
  11. DISM for Windows PE use,