Windows 10: How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

Discus and support How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows HFS5-100x100.png
    File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...]

This post How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 15, 2018

2. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between GUID and something else and I clicked GUID, and now it won't work on the Mac or the PC. Did I format it? It must have worked INCREDIBLY quickly to format 3TB in about 3 seconds....
    Also, the partition that used to be there before doesn't show up in anything.
    Is there any way to recover the data?

BalinKingOfMori, Jun 16, 2018
  3. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via Command Prompt?

EDIT: I found one solution: I logged into my Admin account and opened the Device Manager. There I found the external drive and I "uninstalled" it. Is that my best option?

battlezone, Jun 16, 2018
  4. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

biffzinker, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

1. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows - Similar Threads - Mac formatted HFS+

2. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  3. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  4. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  6. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  7. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac

in Windows 10 News
    How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are many file formats that Windows 10 can read and exFat is one of them. So if you are wondering if Windows 10 can read exFAT, the answer is Yes! But why does it matter? The point is that [...] This post How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on...
  9. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...
  10. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC: I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to use a mac-formatted drive on the pc

2. bootcamp mac read hfs external drive

3. how to format and use hfs pen drive in windows

4. seagate drive formatted to hfs how to use in windows,
  5. how to use hfs external drive to windows,
  6. windows hfs driver