Windows 10: How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC

Discus and support How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC. I want the equivalent of "Shut Down" from the start menu. Should I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robert123, Aug 31, 2015.

1. robert123 Win User

How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC

I am trying to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC. I want the equivalent of "Shut Down" from the start menu.

Should I use the switch -k or -s.

I do not understand the difference between these arguments and I want to make sure I have a controlled shutdown as opposed to what would happen if the power was cut off to the computer.

-k Poweroff the computer (reboot if poweroff is not supported)
    -s Shutdown without poweroff

:)

robert123, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Smittychat., Aug 31, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Create a batch file to automatically reboot to a dual boot option

You should be able to set the dual boot order in the BIOS.

lacrumb, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Robert, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm not sure this will work for what you are trying use that command for, but if you like, you might see if one of the shutdown commands in OPTION EIGHT of the tutorial below may work for you in a batch file .

Shut Down Computer in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

1. How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC - Similar Threads - psshutdown exe create

2. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  3. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  4. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating a Batch File Example

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a Batch File Example: Hey All, I am not looking for someone to do the work for me, I'm trying to get a general idea of what I need to start at. It's been a few years since I've done a batch file and Windows 10 is so different than Windows 7. I am essentially wanting a batch file, that if I type a...
  6. How to create a batch file for network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create a batch file for network printer: How to create batch file for several network printers? I used the below info, but when I entered several printers only the first one worked. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe \\ServerName\PrinterName...
  7. Create .exe file at editor?

Create .exe file at editor?: Hello, dear people, i may make an exe file at editor in windows 10 but i don't know the code, can you help me? Love regards Jamie .exe datei bei editor erstellen?
  8. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  9. Create Multipurpose batch file

Create Multipurpose batch file: Hope this is the correct sub forum for this.. Often use a variety of command line functions e.g. winver / netplwiz etc etc Is there a way of creating a batchfile to include multiple commands with a number option to select...would be so handy i.e. 1 Netplwiz 2 Winver...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psshutdown reboot pc

2. psshutdown.exe batch