How to use RunAs without password prompt?

Discus and support How to use RunAs without password prompt? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi! I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin. After entering this command: RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe" it shows prompt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Hi!

I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin.
    After entering this command:

RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe"

it shows prompt to enter password.

Is possible to override password prompt by any way?
    Or enter password in command?

Thank you for help.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Nachappa C K Win User

runas command for username with spaces

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Since this command may run under both elevated and non-elevated privileges. I would suggest you do a SFC Scan and see if everything is working properly in your system.

Follow the steps to run the System File Checker

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and click ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 10, 2018
  3. OliverHaus Win User
    Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

If you have changed your password through live.com (aka outlook.com) and it isn't synchronized with your local Windows account, do the following:

• Open a command prompt and type:
      runas /u:[my account]@outlook.com cmd.exe
      *replace [my account] here with your own username - change @outlook.com to whatever domain your MS account uses
    • Type your new MS account password and hit Enter

The above steps will synchronize your Microsoft password to your local machine. This worked for me as I had the same issue reported here.

OliverHaus, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

How to use RunAs without password prompt? - Similar Threads - RunAs without password

1. Upgrade to Win 10 error without error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 error without error code: Hello! I hope I am posting in the right forum. I am currently using Win10 ver 1703 and I would like to upgrade to ver 1803. I have downloaded the ISO through Media Creation Tool, and run the setup file from the mounted image. I already tried installing a few times before,...
  2. y5y5 repeatedly types without user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    y5y5 repeatedly types without user: I have just bought an Acer One for casual use. When I open a browser (or other file), y5y5 is repeatedly typed into the search bar (or password box). I have Windows 10 Defender on but want to download my antivirus program. I cannot get to the relevant website because of this...
  3. Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?: Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive. Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows...
  4. launching app on non admin account without entering admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  5. CLI runas admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CLI runas admin: Code: net localgroup administrators[/quote] Members ----------------------------- Administrator user Code: runas /user:Administrator "chkdsk c:"[/quote] <enter user, which should be administrator, pass> user name or password is incorrect Code: runas /user:user...
  6. RunAs Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RunAs Taskbar: Hello! I wrote my first tool and i would like to present it here. short description: RunAs Taskbar is a free windows software to make your admin-tools easier to organize! If you run RunAs Taskbar as Administrator you will have all programs you are created in a tool...
  7. runas command won't recognize administrator password

in Windows 10 Support
    runas command won't recognize administrator password: I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my...