Windows 10: How to use RunAs without password prompt?

Discus and support How to use RunAs without password prompt? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin. After entering this command: RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe" it shows prompt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to use RunAs without password prompt?

Hi!

I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin.
    After entering this command:

RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe"

it shows prompt to enter password.

Is possible to override password prompt by any way?
    Or enter password in command?

Thank you for help.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018

2. runas command for username with spaces

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Since this command may run under both elevated and non-elevated privileges. I would suggest you do a SFC Scan and see if everything is working properly in your system.

Follow the steps to run the System File Checker

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and click ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

If you have changed your password through live.com (aka outlook.com) and it isn't synchronized with your local Windows account, do the following:

• Open a command prompt and type:
      runas /u:[my account]@outlook.com cmd.exe
      *replace [my account] here with your own username - change @outlook.com to whatever domain your MS account uses
    • Type your new MS account password and hit Enter

The above steps will synchronize your Microsoft password to your local machine. This worked for me as I had the same issue reported here.

OliverHaus, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

How to use RunAs without password prompt?

1. How to use RunAs without password prompt? - Similar Threads - RunAs without password

2. Runas File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runas File Explorer: Hello All, Is there a way to open file explorer as another user in windows 10? Thanks, submitted by /u/aspiretoinspire7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnj0zs/runas_file_explorer/
  3. Runas as administrator without plain password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Runas as administrator without plain password: Hello Everyone, I would like to run "psexec.exe" or "runas.exe" without entering password in command line. Meaning is to call password via text file or redirect the password like what psexec -u .\administrator calc.exe -accepteula -nobanner < password.txt...
  4. Prompt Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompt Password: Hi, I have 3 email accounts linked to Mail App for windows 10 I would like them to prompt me for password when opening as I need them to be secure for work How do I get them to do this Thanks Elise...
  5. Sending password from a script for runAs command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending password from a script for runAs command: Hello, Currently working on a code to stop and start a windows services with administrator credentials from a java programming language. Was researching on runAs command but couldn't pass send password either through piping the command or by reading the password through a...
  6. How to sign into windows without using a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign into windows without using a password: I used to be able to wake my computer up from sleep mode and the login screen would appear but it wouldn't require me to type in my password, but now it does. I check under netplwiz to see if the option user must enter a user name and password to use this computer got check...
  7. How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove annoying pin prompt without actually using a pin: Every time I sign into my PC it asks me to set up a pin and this is what it says "want to sign in faster and more securely? Enter your password to set up Windows Hello." I would not like to use a pin, how can I not use a pin and stop getting this annoying pop up? Also, it...
  8. Password prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password prompts: When I am in the password settings for Gmail, and I want to view passwords for websites that have been stored, windows always prompts me for my windows login and password before I can view the passwords for the websites. How can I disable that feature? I am using windows 10...
  9. RunAs Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RunAs Taskbar: Hello! I wrote my first tool and i would like to present it here. short description: RunAs Taskbar is a free windows software to make your admin-tools easier to organize! If you run RunAs Taskbar as Administrator you will have all programs you are created in a tool...
  10. runas command won't recognize administrator password

in Windows 10 Support
    runas command won't recognize administrator password: I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runas without password prompt

2. how to use runas command with password

3. runas command without password prompt

4. runas command in command prompt not popping up with password prompt,
  5. runas no password,
  6. runas disable cmd popup,
  7. how do you pass password in runas command,
  8. how to runas with security prompt,
  9. set password runas without prompt,
  10. runas windows 10 no password prompt,
  11. runas command without password,