Windows 10: How to use RunAs without password prompt?

Discus and support How to use RunAs without password prompt? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin. After entering this command: RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe" it shows prompt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to use RunAs without password prompt?

Hi!

I tried to use RunAs to start and program as admin.
    After entering this command:

RunAs.exe /user:Administrator "regedit.exe"

it shows prompt to enter password.

Is possible to override password prompt by any way?
    Or enter password in command?

Thank you for help.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Nachappa C K Win User

runas command for username with spaces

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Since this command may run under both elevated and non-elevated privileges. I would suggest you do a SFC Scan and see if everything is working properly in your system.

Follow the steps to run the System File Checker

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and click ctrl + shift + Enter to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 10, 2018
  3. OliverHaus Win User
    Windows 10 still accepting my old password at logon

If you have changed your password through live.com (aka outlook.com) and it isn't synchronized with your local Windows account, do the following:

• Open a command prompt and type:
      runas /u:[my account]@outlook.com cmd.exe
      *replace [my account] here with your own username - change @outlook.com to whatever domain your MS account uses
    • Type your new MS account password and hit Enter

The above steps will synchronize your Microsoft password to your local machine. This worked for me as I had the same issue reported here.

OliverHaus, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

How to use RunAs without password prompt?

1. How to use RunAs without password prompt? - Similar Threads - RunAs without password

2. Password prompts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password prompts: When I am in the password settings for Gmail, and I want to view passwords for websites that have been stored, windows always prompts me for my windows login and password before I can view the passwords for the websites. How can I disable that feature? I am using windows 10...
  3. How To Use Chrome WITHOUT VPN

in Browsers and Email
    How To Use Chrome WITHOUT VPN: Hi, Basically, i have a VPN installed (Hotspot Shield) am using it for hiding my ip when i use some programs like skype or Teamspeak, but (obviously) it makes my browsing experience slow especially streaming videos, this forces me to close the VPN everytime i want to use...
  4. No Password Prompt on Sign in page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password Prompt on Sign in page: Hello,For last 2-3 days when I turn on my desktop, it is bypassing my Macrium Reflect / Win 10 Boot option screen and opens to the std win 10 splash screen and just sits there? There is no sign-in on the screen? Only thing in the bottom RH corner is the network symbol. No...
  5. Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt

Windows 10 stuck at login screen without password prompt: My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode. I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success : Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair". "System Restore" in...
  6. Password prompt, but never set password

Password prompt, but never set password: Hi Group, Well, finally happened. We take extreme care when we set up Windows. We take every measure to make absolutely we never enter a password. Microsoft lays a minefield to try to force a password on you. If you're careful enough, it works,,, for a while. You can...
  7. RunAs Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RunAs Taskbar: Hello! I wrote my first tool and i would like to present it here. short description: RunAs Taskbar is a free windows software to make your admin-tools easier to organize! If you run RunAs Taskbar as Administrator you will have all programs you are created in a tool...
  8. Using Task Scheduler without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Task Scheduler without a password: I have Win10 64bit Home Edition. I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password. A bit of...
  9. runas command won't recognize administrator password

in Windows 10 Support
    runas command won't recognize administrator password: I tried the runas command to configure some software I just updated, as the directions said, but my administrator password was rejected. Then I tested the runas command on a pdf file that I know for sure is in the current directory (it can open from the command line), but my...
  10. How to logon without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    How to logon without a password: When I updated to build 10159 I had to use my MSA to do so and thus needed to provide the password. Now that I have build 10159 is there a way for me to logon without needing to provide a password? Solved by setting up a local account in Settings using no password. 7636