Windows 10: How To Use System Image

Discus and support How To Use System Image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello All, I made a system image of a new computer of my programs and files and I had anther computer that needed service. I just got the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rjordan393, Dec 20, 2016.

1. How To Use System Image

Hello All,
    I made a system image of a new computer of my programs and files and I had anther computer that needed service. I just got the computer back from service and the hard drive was wiped. Now I want to restore the system image to the repaired computer. The system image was placed on an external drive (E) Called WD Passport. Now I manage to place these files on C drive but I do not see any of my documents, pictures etc. How do I restore my files that should be on the system image? So can this be performed or do I need to use a file transfer program to do this?

:)

rjordan393, Dec 20, 2016

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Original Title: System Image Recovery

Why did I bother to create a repair disk and system image recovery and it does not work. I follow the instructions on doing it exactly. Now when I need to use the repair disk and system image recovery it will not work. You do exactly what the Microsoft
    tech people tell you to do and it does not work. Tech people at Microsoft better fixed this problem with repair and system image recovery asap or more and more people will be going over to the Apple. I have looked up all kind of fix option I can find. I
    have tried so many suggestion and possible fixes that I want to through my Microsoft computer in the ocean. I have been working on this for 3 weeks with no success and I am sure any thing I ask about will the go to this link and go to this page and please
    tell us just what the computer error says. I bet even if I did the repair disk and system imager recovery would still not work.

GrizzlyBear_DJ, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How To Use System Image

Exactly how did you create the system image and how did you restore it?

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2016
  5. I used system image built into windows. My external drive contained the system image. When I hooked up the usb cable to this drive and the computer, I saw a quick restore message for about 1.5 seconds and then then nothing. I assume afterwhich that my files were also restored.

rjordan393, Dec 21, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    To make the system image you presumably followed the process described in this Tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Just plugging in the USB drive that contains the system image won't have restored anything. 1.5 seconds is nothing, it can take at least 10 minutes to restore even the smallest system image, a lot longer for larger systems. To restore the system image you have to boot from a Recovery Drive and use the system image restore tool it contains. You would have been asked at the end of making your system image if you wanted to make one on a CD/DVD. I'm guessing you didn't take that option.

Not to worry, you can make a bootable Recovery Drive on a USB that has the same tools. Go to the PC that made the system image and type recovery drive in the Search/Cortana box next to Start. Run 'Create a recovery drive' and follow the instructions. Put the USB that you have just made into the computer you want to restore the image to, connect the HDD that holds the system image, turn on the computer and boot from the USB. Choose the 'Troubleshoot' option. System Image Recovery is in the Advanced Options section.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

7. Thanks,
    I'll give that a try.

rjordan393, Dec 21, 2016
  8. How To Use System Image

Thanks Bree,
    Everything got recovered just fine. But what had me confused was that tutorial calls it a system repair disk and not a system recovery disk but its explanation states that it has tools to recover the files. The tutorial comes up a bit short as it does not say how to use the system recovery disk as well as you have. It just so happens that I did make a system repair dvd but I thought the recovery usb or dvd was something else.

rjordan393, Dec 21, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    'Repair disk' was the terminology Windows 7 used in its Backup & Restore. That bit of code hasn't been changed in the version supplied in Windows 10. It still calls it a 'repair disk' but what it actually puts on the CD is the same as making a Recovery Drive on a USB. Whatever its called Repair, Recovery or whatever, it puts the same tools on the drive.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How To Use System Image

1. How To Use System Image - Similar Threads - System Image

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. How do I fix System 32 Error for AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix System 32 Error for AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image?: I'm getting system 32 errors on my windows 11 HP Pavilion laptop to do with AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image. It suggests to uninstall and reinstall the program but I'm not sure what it is. Thinking it meant After Effects which I downloaded in February this problem only started 3...
  5. How do I fix System 32 Error for AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image?

How do I fix System 32 Error for AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image?: I'm getting system 32 errors on my windows 11 HP Pavilion laptop to do with AdobeIPCBroker.exe-Bad image. It suggests to uninstall and reinstall the program but I'm not sure what it is. Thinking it meant After Effects which I downloaded in February this problem only started 3...
  6. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.: New drive is installed, drive containing system image is connected via usb. New drive is 1 TB. Previous drive was 2 TB.Steps I did:Boot into recovery modeTroubleshoot > Advanced > System Image Recovery > error thrownMenu opens when additional usb is inserted, but different...
  7. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.: New drive is installed, drive containing system image is connected via usb. New drive is 1 TB. Previous drive was 2 TB.Steps I did:Boot into recovery modeTroubleshoot > Advanced > System Image Recovery > error thrownMenu opens when additional usb is inserted, but different...
  8. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. USB HDD not found by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB HDD not found by System Image Recovery: Hi, I'm using a Dell laptop running Windows 10I have made a system image onto a Toshiba External HDD 3.0.I then place a System Disc DVD made previously on another Laptop into the drive of the laptop I wish to recover.I attach the Toshiba External HDD to the laptop along with...
  10. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...