Windows 10: How to use Win+X Menu Editor

Discus and support How to use Win+X Menu Editor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, Does anyone know how this works?? I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it. I would like to add a "Recent Items"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billt4g, Oct 5, 2016.

1. billt4g Win User

How to use Win+X Menu Editor

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how this works??

I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it.

I would like to add a "Recent Items" entry to my Win+X menu, using the path:-
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\

However I can't figure how this is accomplished?

Any Help?

:)

billt4g, Oct 5, 2016
  2. Billt4G Win User

Win+X Menu Editor

I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it.

I would like to add a "Recent Items" entry using the path

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
    How is this accomplished?

Billt4G, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Win+X Menu Editor

for third party apps/programs you would be better asking the software supplier - in this case WinAero

Martmcd, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this works for me.
    Here I use the desktop as an example- could be any folder.
    1. Create shortcut on desktop to your desired program
    2. Launch Winaero's editor
    3. Click Add a program
    4. Click Add a program
    5. Browse to your shortcut and click on it
    6. Click Open
    7. Click Restart Explorer
    8. Press Windows key + X and look for your new entry.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
  5. billt4g Win User
    Hi, yep worked for me as well.

Thanks.

billt4g, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to use Win+X Menu Editor - Similar Threads - Win+X Menu Editor

2. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  3. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  4. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename items in the Win+X menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The WINKEY + X shortcut context menu is a great medium to launch various utilities like Power Options, Windows PowerShell, and more. However, sometimes, it becomes difficult for a user to identify the required utility. And it is a part [...] This post How to...
  6. Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu: Somehow I have deleted the command prompt and powershell entries in the Win-X menu (the right-click on the Win button menu). Anybody know how to restore either to that menu? I have tried installing and using the Win-X editor from winaero.com but without sucess. While there...
  7. PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys

PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys: I add a new item in PowerUser Menu using Winaero tool But how to add a hotkey to the item? Eg Win+x,C to open Command Prompt 89301
  8. I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor

I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor: Hello, I am curious... I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor: https://i.imgur.com/m84X9ni.jpg I modified the shortcuts adding text. For example, "Sistema (del panel de control)" and "Sistema (de configuración)" but i cannot find these shortcuts with these texts in File...
  9. win+X menu: nothing starts/runs/executes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win+X menu: nothing starts/runs/executes: when i press win+X, there is popup menu when i click menu items just nothing happens, be it PowerShell, Programs and features or something other. just Search, Desktop and Shut Down works. the menu is pretty nice tho, i could use some functions from there with pleasure!...
  10. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...