Windows 10: how to verify not missing patches

Discus and support how to verify not missing patches in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I verify that I am not missing any patches? Is there a way to either export what I have installed to say a csv and then get a file from MS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fuzzy18, Mar 11, 2018.

1. fuzzy18 Win User

how to verify not missing patches

How do I verify that I am not missing any patches? Is there a way to either export what I have installed to say a csv and then get a file from MS to cross check that I don't have anything missing?

:)

fuzzy18, Mar 11, 2018

2. Windows Update command

Hi JamshedMuhammad Khan,

Thanks for answering me but check the video and it does not work for me, what I want is to use a command in powershell or cmd to know how many patches a computer is missing, something like get-hotfix, but for missing patches.

JesusEspinoza130, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Nic727 Win User
    DirectX 9 incompatible with W10?

Nevermind, I just missed a patch.

Nic727, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Not actually necessary as there are Cumulative Updates that will do that and more. Once possibly twice each month.

Helmut, Mar 11, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @fuzzy18

A Cumulative Update includes all previous fixes, so if you have the latest one you have them all. By far the simplest way to reassure yourself is to run Winver and compare your build number to the latest one shown here https://support.microsoft.com/help/4043454 - if they match you're up to date.

But, if that's not enough for you, read on....

There are other types of updates, such as
    KB4090914 Servicing stack update for Windows 10 v1709 - Mar. 5

These are not cumulative, but as long as you have the latest you are covered. Also, you won't see them listed in the Update History, you have to look at 'uninstall updates' to see which you have.

One simple way to list all installed windows system updates by KB number is to open a Command Prompt and type SYSTEMINFO then search through the masses of info for the list of 'Hotfix(s)'. Or filter the results into a text file like this:

SYSTEMINFO | FIND "]: KB" >KB-list.txt

how to verify not missing patches [​IMG]

If you prefer to use Powershell, it can also list all the installed windows system updates:

Get-HotFix | Sort-Object HotFixID | Format-Table –AutoSize

(found that here http://tomtalks.uk/2013/09/list-all-...crosoftupdate/ )

As for a definitive list of updates from Microsoft, that's more difficult. The best I've come up with so far is to go to the Windows Update Catalog and search for windows 10 version 1709 x64 (or x86 as appropriate). Click on the 'Last Updated' column title and it will be sorted in descending date order.
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...n%201709%20x64

It's possible to select this list, copy from the browser and paste into a spreadsheet, retaining the columns layout.

You should also note that there may be extra KB's listed in the catalog that you won't get through Windows Update.

Sometimes Microsoft issue a cumulative update to fix a urgent problem that only affects a few users (usually business users). In that case it will not be issued through windows update, it will be available in the Catalog for those that need it. That way those affected can download it straight away while the rest of us don't get an unexpected extra update we don't need. We'll get it included in the next regular cumulative update anyway.

6. Try3 Win User
    Fuzzy,

Windows update does the cross-checking for you.

Denis

7. Bree New Member
    Windows update has been known to stop working. The Winver check is a quick way to reassure yourself it hasn't. Shouldn't really need to look any deeper than that.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to verify not missing patches - Similar Threads - verify missing patches

2. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  3. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missed Patch Tuesday: Hello, Have a question about Patch Tuesday, i can't get general answer about it and need advice. So in company for some reason was missed two month Patch Tuesday on endpoints, now need to renew it. Question is: does January Patch Tuesday contains missed month security...
  4. Missed Patch Tuesday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable Downfall patch and Meltdown/Spectre patch together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Downfall patch and Meltdown/Spectre patch together: As you know, MS just release a method to disable Downfall patchhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5029778-how-to-manage-the-vulnerability-associated-with-cve-2022-40982-d461157c-0411-4a91-9fc5-9b29e0fe2782Registry location:...
  6. How to disable Downfall patch and Meltdown/Spectre patch together

How to disable Downfall patch and Meltdown/Spectre patch together: As you know, MS just release a method to disable Downfall patchhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5029778-how-to-manage-the-vulnerability-associated-with-cve-2022-40982-d461157c-0411-4a91-9fc5-9b29e0fe2782Registry location:...
  7. HOW TO PATCH MISSING MS BULLETING UPDATES WITH SCCM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO PATCH MISSING MS BULLETING UPDATES WITH SCCM: I am aware that Microsoft has discontinued use of bulleting ID , but currently i get notifications that there are missing MS Bulleting ID as far as 2012 . Due to discontinuation, how can i patch servers missing the patches using SCCM...
  8. HOW TO PATCH MISSING MS BULLETING UPDATES WITH SCCM

HOW TO PATCH MISSING MS BULLETING UPDATES WITH SCCM: I am aware that Microsoft has discontinued use of bulleting ID , but currently i get notifications that there are missing MS Bulleting ID as far as 2012 . Due to discontinuation, how can i patch servers missing the patches using SCCM...
  9. How to verify if a Windows 10 version 19** Patch is installed or cached before rebooting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to verify if a Windows 10 version 19** Patch is installed or cached before rebooting...: Hi Is there a way to verify using a batch or Powershell to verify if the Patch Windows update is installed before its rebooted to upgrade Windows version and says Updating Windows Please wait....
  10. How to verify account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to verify account: When you change your account credentials for your MS account, specifically changing the email address.....why is there a 30 day wait period if you only have an email account to use to verify. If you have a mobile phone, you're instantly given a text with the code. Some of us...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to verify patches on windows 10