Windows 10: How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

Discus and support How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal. (1) Windows Media Player Native... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by drkh, May 26, 2018.

1. drkh Win User

How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

Hi,

I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal.

(1)

Windows Media Player Native Subtitle Plugin 1.0 (Can't work under win10)

(2)

Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6 (Media Foundation has to be disabled. Which stops Movies & TV from working)

(3)

DirectVobSub 2.41.322 (Media Foundation has to be disabled.)

Any other programs that may work?

:)

2. External subtitle on Windows 10 media Player

Hi

How could I use external subtitle(.SRT) file with new Windows 10 media player ?

Regards

SiddiqTounsi, May 29, 2018
  3. External subtitle on Windows 10 media Player

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Check if the suggestions in this thread helps.

Media player does not display external subtitles

Media player does not display external subtitles

Alternatively, you can use windows 10 new Music and Video app

Movies & TV

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Also see:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps-and-games

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 29, 2018
Thema:

How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

1. How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12? - Similar Threads - view external SRT

2. Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player: Subtitles Don't Work: I have an mp4 with a subtitle stream built in not burned in, which plays perfectly in every media player except windows media player.One simply goes to the subtitles menu, wherever that is, and selects the subtitle track to include.Windows media player "old" with the blue...
  3. How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I view file names in Media Player 12?: When I play AVI files in a playlist I Am able to see the file named in the upper left hand corner of media player 12. However, when I try to play MP4 files on media player 12, the file name Only shows up briefly for the very first video and Then each video after that has some...
  4. How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I view file names in Media Player 12?: When I play AVI files in a playlist I Am able to see the file named in the upper left hand corner of media player 12. However, when I try to play MP4 files on media player 12, the file name Only shows up briefly for the very first video and Then each video after that has some...
  5. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  6. SUBTITLE FILES -srt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUBTITLE FILES -srt files: Good day Yesterday I tried to play a subtitle to a movie I was viewing but it didn't work when checking the sub it views a blank tile when I right click it says its a srt file and that its unable to be used on windows 10 after I upgraded. This was never a problem before I...
  7. Subtitles in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Subtitles in Windows Media Player: Hello. I am having a hard time viewing subtitles in Windows Media Player on my Windows 10. I have turned the "on if available" in Lyrics, Captions & Subtitles from the options menu, but it is still not loading. I dragged and dropped the subtitle file in the media player, but...
  8. How Cast to device with external subtitle (SUB,SRT) ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Cast to device with external subtitle (SUB,SRT) ??: i have an windows 10 and an LG Smart TV, i can cast any video or audio file on tv, but no subbtitles... there is an hidden option so i can add the subbs while i wach the movie ?...
  9. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  10. Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Support
    Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?: Hi, I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal. (1) Windows Media Player Native Subtitle Plugin 1.0 (can't work under win10) (2) Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6 (Media Foundation has to be disabled. Which stops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .srt not working with windvd 12

2. view srt subtitles on windows media player

3. how to view subtitles in media player

4. windows media player 12 subtitles,
  5. view subtitles with windows media player