Windows 10: How to view my .dmp files

Discus and support How to view my .dmp files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For Windows 7 I used to use Bluescreeneventviewer to find out the error type when I would crash but since it doesn't work for me with W10 I am unsure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raidou88, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Raidou88 Win User

How to view my .dmp files

For Windows 7 I used to use Bluescreeneventviewer to find out the error type when I would crash but since it doesn't work for me with W10 I am unsure how to view them and they are stored differently than before. Instead of a Minidump folder they are in C:/Windows/LiveKernelReports/WATCHDOG
    I have had issues where my monitors crash while I am playing a game and have a video on my other monitor and both go black, say "No Signal Detected", and then I have to manually restart my PC.

I am fine with trying to troubleshoot it by myself but I am unsure of where to start since I cannot see what kind of error my drivers are having. I have done numerous clean installations, rolled back, re-seated RAM and tested with memtest, cleaned out my PC and I don't really know what to do next. I have a brand new PSU so I don't think power is the issue because my old one was much worse and it ran it fine.

I appreciate any assistance and .dmp viewer recommendations!

:)

Raidou88, Apr 2, 2016
  2. YuJinLoh Win User

Windows 10 BSOD

updated dmp files

updated dmp files 2

YuJinLoh, Apr 2, 2016
  3. ittailin Win User
    After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

please help me check my DMP

DMP.zip

ittailin, Apr 2, 2016
  4. socklosk Win User

3 Ways to Analyze Memory Dump (.dmp) File • Raymond.CC

I used WhoCrashed and it automatically told me what driver was at fault, but after a dead end for me because the driver that caused the crash was a system file. A BIOS upgrade, along with Microsoft updates, seems to have fixed the problem for me.

socklosk, Apr 3, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    I'm a big fan of Nir Sofer's utilities, available at nirsoft.net. His BlueScreenView tool is very good at showing info from minidump and full crash dump files. He also has tools for crashed applications (WinCrashReport) and application hangs (WhatIsHang). Generally his stuff is worth checking out, and also very often worth using.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 3, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    That's what I see a lot occuring, those programs aren't that reliable when it comes to proper analysing.

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to view my .dmp files - Similar Threads - view dmp files

2. Memory DMP file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory DMP file: Can someone please run this minidump file and tell me specifically what's causing my blue Screen error to pop-up, I don't understand the errors and the cause.My system specs: Win 1016 GB ddr4 ramRTX 2070512 x2 NVMeintel i10 10th genminidump File:...
  3. Where to submit my .dmp files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where to submit my .dmp files: My laptop has been crashing recently, so I followed the instructions in here and here and now I have the .dmp log files along with the MSinfo output, but I couldn't figure out where to send them to be looked over. The link to how to upload them just sends you to a Wikihow...
  4. dmp file

dmp file: Hi, Here is the link to my recent 3 dump file that is located at C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6CD12591B63C0C21%21168&cid=6CD12591B63C0C21. Would you please take a look at them. Best Regards, Ali...
  5. How to view non-Windows .dmp files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to view non-Windows .dmp files?: Tutorials on how to view dump files are usually about Windows .dmp files (like BSODs). If an application crashes, it also happens that a .dmp file is created (named after the application). Tools to view .dmp files are often (hardcoded) looking in the C:\Windows\MiniDump...
  6. DMP-Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DMP-Files: Where do you dump the DMP files for bluescreens? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AouW1_qoRVhTl2kOnJDLK92X721M?e=mOOIHI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dmp-files/7ef46272-a860-4c0d-bd3b-791ddcc00f80
  7. Always my files in view list how to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always my files in view list how to?: Hello, How can I set as default to see my files in list and not as medium or big icons? Thanks Came [img] [img] 135480
  8. my DMP files

my DMP files: [IMG] https://1drv.ms/u/s! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dmp-files/a82b9c02-252a-4bfb-9a79-6b366fa1c31c
  9. Those are my DMP files

Those are my DMP files: Hello I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I've formatted my pc yesterday and the problem persist, can you help me please? Well, I have this problem since 1 month ago and persist even after formatting pc....
  10. DMP files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DMP files: Hi, First off, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, i'm quite confused as to the process. I recently followed this wiki post and ran driver verifier. My system crashed on start up, so I followed procedure and disabled the verifier from safe mode and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i view my DMP files windows 10

2. how to view .dmp files

3. view dmp

4. how to view dmp files