Windows 10: How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10

Discus and support How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Did you forget the password of your Home or Office Wi-Fi? You probably forgot it because it was saved in your device and you haven’t used it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 9, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 9, 2018
  4. How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10

1. How to view saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - view saved passwords

2. You can now view your saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    You can now view your saved Wi-Fi passwords on Windows 11: Forgetful users of Windows 11 can now rejoice as the latest preview of the operating system introduces a feature that allows users to effortlessly view their saved Wi-Fi passwords. This new functionality enables individuals to conveniently share their network credentials with...
  3. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  4. Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi password?: How can I find my Wi-Fi password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-password/092c31a3-3d3b-4192-afa6-8b68dbd3d598
  5. How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Wi-Fi Network Adapter settings on Windows 10: Wi-Fi Network Adapter is an electronic hardware device used in computers and laptops to connect the nearby local area network LAN to the system. It generates important commands required by the computer to communicate to the wireless internet device. The main function is...
  6. How to view Wi-Fi Network Driver information on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Wi-Fi Network Driver information on Windows 10: Wi-Fi also known as Wireless Location Area Network, WLAN, is the most popular device used for connecting the internet to the computer in homes, schools, and small business units. Wi-Fi network is made compatible with the computer with the help of Wi-fi network drivers. The...
  7. How to view Wi-Fi Network Profiles stored on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Wi-Fi Network Profiles stored on Windows 10: Windows 10 is one of the most loved operating systems that facilitates its user to connect to the wireless network by creating a network profile when a new network is connected to it. The network profile contains access to the user’s computer system and files therefore it is...
  8. How to find Wi-Fi password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find Wi-Fi password?: I WANT TO FIND MY WIFI PASSWORD FROM AN OLD SOFTWARE COMPUTER WHICH IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THAT WIFI ***Modified title from: WIFI*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-wi-fi-password/46271142-79eb-4f48-b72e-d8aed60e0ee5
  9. wi fi passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi fi passwords: How do I transfer wi fi passwords of known networks from my old computer to my new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-passwords/539649e8-bd64-44f7-8ed1-a021b2854590
  10. How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10: Imagine this scenario: For some time now, you’ve been using your wireless connection at home on your Windows 10 PC and lately, you’ve acquired a new tablet or a smartphone and need to connect it to your Wireless network. The only thing that’s standing in your way is the WIFI...