Windows 10: How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

Discus and support How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Oct 1, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having to go into each one. Is there a way to do that?

:)

THX1138, Oct 1, 2017
  2. Aeikausar Win User

File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

In File Explorer, Is there any way to list/view all files in subfolders of a folder, without using command line or windows search? Thank you

Aeikausar, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

Hi,

Having this feature to list or view all files in sub-folders of a folder in Files Explorer is a good idea, we recommend you to submit your query using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit
    a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it.

Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana
      search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin
      monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Open the main folder in Windows Explorer, type kind:video in search field. This searches the folder and all its subfolders for any video file, listing them all.

How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder? [​IMG]

Kari, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

1. How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder? - Similar Threads - view thumbnails videos

2. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  3. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  4. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  5. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  6. Video Folder Thumbnails

Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  7. Thumbnails not showing in folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing in folder view: My canon cr2 images are not showing at thumbnails though jpgs do show up. I have just switched to a different camera. The CR2 files used to show previously but these are larger 2m mb images. Do I need to somehow allocate more memory? 164984
  8. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  9. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  10. All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??

in Windows 10 Support
    All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??: Let me correct that subject line a bit. It happens in almost all Sub Folders. For example, This PC is an odd one. Sometimes it's in thumbnail view, other times it's in detail view. I suppose that depends on how you start This PC. This started about 3 weeks ago. I've been so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails view in all subfolders