Windows 10: How transfer Win 10 to a new user?

Discus and support How transfer Win 10 to a new user? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am working with a very small not-for-profit organization that just received a laptop with Win 10 installed as a donation. Is there anything I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bazsl, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Bazsl Win User

How transfer Win 10 to a new user?

I am working with a very small not-for-profit organization that just received a laptop with Win 10 installed as a donation. Is there anything I need to do to effectively transfer the computer to the new owner other than create a new admin user and delete the old admin user? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl, Jun 20, 2016
  2. Syed N Win User

How do you transfer win 8.1 files to a new win 10 pc. there is no transfer user function now in 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You can use File History to back up and restore files.

On Windows 8.1 backup files using this feature and then restore back on Windows 10 using the same.

Set up a drive for File History

Restore files or folders using File History

Alternatively, you may upload all your files to OneDrive from the Microsoft Account used on Windows 8.1. Login to Windows 10 using the same Microsoft Account to easily access the files back on the new operating system.

OneDrive on your PC

Do reply for more questions.

Syed N, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Mterry_56 Win User
    How do you transfer win 8.1 files to a new win 10 pc. there is no transfer user function now in 8.1

Instruction on how to move user files and settings from an old win 8.1 to a new win 10 device needs to be posted, or the transfer user files and settings in "Windows Easy Transfer" needs to be put back in place.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mterry_56, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

That's one way to do it. The problem is that it might leave data from old user to be recoverable.

To completely reset the laptop, see this tutorial: Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

Thema:

1. How transfer Win 10 to a new user? - Similar Threads - transfer user

2. win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.: I have a windows 10 computer that is used under my account since new, but user is my wife. It has been hers for years now. I bought her a new windows 11 computer and I want to get all her work, files and programs onto the new computer after she registers it under her MS...
  3. win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.: I have a windows 10 computer that is used under my account since new, but user is my wife. It has been hers for years now. I bought her a new windows 11 computer and I want to get all her work, files and programs onto the new computer after she registers it under her MS...
  4. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  5. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  6. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  8. User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version

User CALS transferable to upgraded OS version: Hello,We are currently using windows server 2012 r2 and we have 50 user CALS already in use on the server. We are going to be upgrading to windows server 2022 and my question is; if we are keeping the existing hardware and only upgrading the OS version are the user CALS still...
  9. How to effectively transfer data from one user to another in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to effectively transfer data from one user to another in Windows 11?: I am currently using a laptop of a friend for school, not realizing that I was on his account having everything uploaded to his OneDrive. This wouldn't really be an issue since for the most part I have only downloaded games and done homework in the profile, but I recently...
  10. How to effectively transfer data from one user to another in Windows 11?

How to effectively transfer data from one user to another in Windows 11?: I am currently using a laptop of a friend for school, not realizing that I was on his account having everything uploaded to his OneDrive. This wouldn't really be an issue since for the most part I have only downloaded games and done homework in the profile, but I recently...