Windows 10: How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10?

Discus and support How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to unzip a 7z file and Win10 is not giving me a way to do it automatically. I double click on the file in File Explorer and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomBrooklyn, Apr 9, 2017.

1. How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10?

I'm trying to unzip a 7z file and Win10 is not giving me a way to do it automatically.

I double click on the file in File Explorer and nothing happens. In the menu above, I see a way to zip files, but not to unzip a file.

I googled it and the results tell me to use third party software.

I thought Win 10 had an unzipper built in.

:)

TomBrooklyn, Apr 9, 2017
  2. GregQQ Win User

You Need Permission To Perform This Action

Both run clean on both machines.
    How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10? [​IMG]

More information that may matter:

• The problem is with a USB flash drive that is protected with BitLocker
    • The files that I can't move or access all happen to be .ods (open document spreadsheet) files
    • Copying the files again to other locations on the drive fails consistently
    • Zipping the files (with 7Zip) and then copying the resulting .7z file to the flash drive works exactly as expected. I can unzip the contents on the other machine and even delete the .7z file when I'm done.
    For what it's worth, the flash drive was mounted while the scans were run.

GregQQ, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 9, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10?

Windows has zip file built in. Not 7zip support.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    7z is a format produced by 7-Zip, you'll need it to open the compressed file.
    7z - Wikipedia

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Thanks.
    I got an unzipper from sourceforge that did the trick.

TomBrooklyn, Apr 12, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    7zip does make an archiver. You can get it from here.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10?

1. How Unzip a 7z File With Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Unzip File

2. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...: When ever I try unziping any file greater than 5 gbs, while downloading some games and sometimes when idle, my computer crashes. Either giving a never loading blue screen where I need to press the restart button and close the computer before it fully loads and open it back up...
  3. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...: When ever I try unziping any file greater than 5 gbs, while downloading some games and sometimes when idle, my computer crashes. Either giving a never loading blue screen where I need to press the restart button and close the computer before it fully loads and open it back up...
  4. Computer crashing while idle, unziping files greater than 5gbs or while trying to download...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does Windows 10 and Windows 11 unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 10 and Windows 11 unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e....: Why does Windows 10 and Windows unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e. doesn't maintain the date and time of the files in the .zip ?...
  6. Why does Windows 10 and Windows 11 unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e....

Why does Windows 10 and Windows 11 unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e....: Why does Windows 10 and Windows unzip files and give them the current date / time i.e. doesn't maintain the date and time of the files in the .zip ?...
  7. Windows update and unzipping file folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update and unzipping file folders: After Windows update on 09/16/2023 I cannot extract files from a zipped folder. Computer recognizes there is issue but does not fix problem. I am downloading svg files in zipped folder and cannot break the files out to save to local folder. Downloads of pdfs will print. How...
  8. Windows update and unzipping file folders

Windows update and unzipping file folders: After Windows update on 09/16/2023 I cannot extract files from a zipped folder. Computer recognizes there is issue but does not fix problem. I am downloading svg files in zipped folder and cannot break the files out to save to local folder. Downloads of pdfs will print. How...
  9. Missing files when unzipping a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files when unzipping a folder: We have multiple users suffering from files missing from unzipped folders when downloaded.The zipped folder is saved to their local computer from an email.We unzip the folder and all the folders under the main folder are empty.I have them reboot their computer, then unzip the...
  10. Missing files when unzipping a folder

Missing files when unzipping a folder: We have multiple users suffering from files missing from unzipped folders when downloaded.The zipped folder is saved to their local computer from an email.We unzip the folder and all the folders under the main folder are empty.I have them reboot their computer, then unzip the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unzip 7z file windows 10

2. how to open a 7z file windows 10

3. how to unzip 7z file

4. unzip 7z files windows 10,
  5. how to unzip a 7z file,
  6. how to unzip 7z file in windows,
  7. .7z files windows 10,
  8. how to unzip 7z files,
  9. how to open .7z files windows 10,
  10. how to open 7z files windows 10,
  11. 7z file unzipper,