Windows 10: How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

Discus and support How watch videos backed up to hard drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks the absolute IMO 100% easiest way for watching videos or listening to music from HDD is simply to install KODI - it will play things that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

Hi folks

the absolute IMO 100% easiest way for watching videos or listening to music from HDD is simply to install KODI - it will play things that VLC won't even do at times. Also KODI works on phones, tablets etc too.

If you have an amazon fire TV stick you can install KODI on that and then play video etc on a remote TV even if the TV has no internet access (it will need an HDMI connection though).

No server / streaming software needed on the computer !! so long as the fire stick can access the HDD's.

Incidentally you can install NETFLIX on an amazon fire TV stick so you can watch Netflix also on a "Non smart TV" -- you need a subscription though.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
  2. alant Win User

Hello,
    I have videos backed up to my hard drive which I can't play. The .MP4 videos play fine, but the .MPG don't. The .MPG videos are backups of DVDs. They play fine for about 30 seconds and then the picture either freezes or goes black. The sound keeps going like normal though. I tried VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player, and the WIN10 Movies&TV. I'm pretty sure the VLC Media Player worked on my PCs with older versions of Windows. Does anyone know what can play them on WIN10?

:)

alant, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Backed up hard drive to Seagate external hard drive two days ago...

Hi Gomerhodge,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with Windows 10 won’t boot up with active USB devices plugged in the system. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

As of now, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    Step 2: If the issue does not appear in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue reappears.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:The article For Windows 8/8.1 will work for Windows 10 as well.

DISCLIAMER: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer
    in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 28, 2018
  4. How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

Nokia Lumia 720 hard resetting till 8 hours can anybody help

I had to hard reset my phone due to camera roll problem so I watched a video on youtube to know how to hard reset it . I went to sleep wake up and my phone is still hard resetting ! Can anybody help please ? How to stop hard resetting another thing?

SteeveGebert, Apr 28, 2018
  5. ap1978 Win User
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 28, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    VLC has own codecs for most everything, newest version works admirably.

CountMike, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

1. How watch videos backed up to hard drive? - Similar Threads - watch videos backed

2. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up of a hard drive: Hello Community; I have a Dell desktop PC with windows 10 Home operating system.SCENERO : I had a dell PC, the hard drive DIED and I lost a lot of files etc. which I don't want to happen again, so the only thing I could do was to buy a new pc and set it up. Now for my...
  3. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up of a hard drive: Hello Community; I have a Dell desktop PC with windows 10 Home operating system.SCENERO : I had a dell PC, the hard drive DIED and I lost a lot of files etc. which I don't want to happen again, so the only thing I could do was to buy a new pc and set it up. Now for my...
  4. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  6. Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to one drive and an external hard drive?: Why is there no simple command that lets you save files to one drive and an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-to-one-drive-and-an-external-hard-drive/c6149ac1-6358-43dd-8caf-a3cc2f10914d
  7. external hard drive not backing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not backing up: every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. back up hard drive

back up hard drive: I have two hard drives. My back up program selected one of the hard drives for backing up. How can I change so that my second hard drive is the one that my backup program uses?...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...