Windows 10: How will Creators Update be "delivered"?

Discus and support How will Creators Update be "delivered"? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just a question about Tomorrows possible Creators update release. How will it be delivered? I mean will a WU show a KB? Will it say it is the Creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MPSAN, Apr 9, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

How will Creators Update be "delivered"?

Just a question about Tomorrows possible Creators update release. How will it be delivered? I mean will a WU show a KB? Will it say it is the Creators Update? I wish to wait a bit...perhaps 4 weeks for it to allow for some bugs to get fixed. I have set defer feature updates, so will I even see the notice?

I have an ISO, like many other people, but want to wait.

:)

MPSAN, Apr 9, 2017

2. Will I be able to skip Creators Update?

Thanks much, but under Advanced Options, I don't find "Defer feature updates." I have these items listed:

*Choose how updates are installed

--Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows (which is checked)

--Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update (which is not checked)

----Learn more

----Privacy statement

*Choose how updates are delivered

*Privacy settings

When I open "Choose how updates are delivered," nothing there includes "Defer feature updates" either. I have the option to download from other PCs turned off.

My OS is Windows 10 Home, Version 1607. Any further advice? Because this might solve my problem. Thanks for helping.

Sherry Something, Apr 9, 2017
  3. mwidunn Win User
    Will I be able to skip Creators Update?

Please, see the title of "Sherry Something's" post. He or she did not ask about how to defer the looming "Creators Update."

mwidunn, Apr 9, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

CU has been available for a week now on Media Creation Tool and it will likely be delivered via WU tomorrow. You can defer updates for a while if you don't wish to have it immediately.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  5. eddward Win User
    Not a KB. In Windows update you will see "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703".
    You have to have current hardware to get it tomorrow via WU otherwise it won't show up.

eddward, Apr 9, 2017
  6. MPSAN Win User
    Thank you. My hardware is current. My Feature Updates are set to Deferred but will it tell me it is available anyway? As I said I do wish to defer this for a bit and via WU I would guess it is a big update and the servers will be slammed for a few weeks.

MPSAN, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No, the 'Features update for Windows 10, version 1703' will be deferred and won't appear in windows update. In Pro a features update can be deferred until it becomes Current Branch for Business, as happened recently for the Anniversary update. 1607 can no longer be deferred.

If you want windows update to offer you the Creators Update you'll have to turn off 'defer features updates'. But even then you may have a long wait...

Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

If you want it straight away, use the Media Creation Tool to make the install media. That has been available for 1703 since the 5th, and is how I upgraded to the Creators Update.

8. f14tomcat Win User

Somewhere between 3.5-4.0GB, depending on your version/architecture/language/etc.

f14tomcat, Apr 10, 2017
  9. MPSAN Win User
    Geeze, the ISO is that big if getting it in WU is 3.5-4 GB! I got 1 ISO. My win10 pro with digital signature will be the first, and I may get the ISO in case. And Bree, I think I will just hold on a bit!

MPSAN, Apr 10, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    The download will be about the same size through Windows Update or the Media Creation Tool. I prefer the MCT because you get to keep the install media to use again, either on another machine or to reinstall/clean install at a later date.

No harm in waiting though, if you're happy with 1607.

11. MPSAN Win User
    Well, 1607 is working fine on my system and my wife's system. She customizes everything and I keep doing images. Some people have reported that they lost activation when they did the upgrade. Not sure why that would happen. Anyway, I guess I can look for the ISO. The MCT has always asked for my ID and I NEVER created an MS ID!

MPSAN, Apr 10, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Odd, it's never asked me for one. I download the MCT, run it and choose 'create media for another PC'. Then you get the choice of making an .iso or a USB media. No ID needed (or asked for) to run the MCT or the install media it creates.

13. MPSAN Win User

Well, since I just now did an image, I can try it. Does it know what you want like 64 bit pro or Enterprise Vl, etc?

MPSAN, Apr 10, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    When you use the MCT to 'create media for another PC' it will by default use the settings appropriate for your PC ('bits', language etc.) though you can change these if you wish. The one install media can install Home or Pro (I believe the latest media also includes Enterprise and/or Education). You choose which version at install time, not when making the media.

When you run the MCT you can choose to make media for x86, x64 or both. If you choose both, the iso/USB will be over 6GB. I usually make the combined x86/x64 media (as a USB) so I can install on any machine.

15. MPSAN Win User
    Great, but both of the systems I built are 64 bit and have lots of memory. Mine has 16 GB but the one I just built for my wife has 32GB as she never met a window she ever closed. *Tongue

Anyway, if I get the ISO now...still use DVD's...will it be downlevel from what may be on MCT in a few weeks as I do not plan on installing until the dust settles somewhat.

MPSAN, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

1. How will Creators Update be "delivered"? - Similar Threads - Creators Update delivered

2. How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop automatically delivered driver updates?: Since I need Vulkan support in a game I'm trying to run, and the OEM CPU driver for my laptop makes it impossible to use it, I've removed it and installed the newest drivers for my CPU from the AMD website, which work wonderfully. Now here comes the problem. After this...
  3. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update.: How will I know when the Creator's Update has been installed please? Presumably it appears in Settings/Update and Security but is it identifiable? 86408
  5. Update delivers Lenovo Optical Mouse

Update delivers Lenovo Optical Mouse: I do not have a Lenovo -machine or mouse. It is a Logitech usb mouse M325 I knew I did not have anything Lenovo but there it was waiting to be installed. [img] The choice to upgrade drivers is turned on Meanwhile my mouse went into poor response while in Adobe...
  6. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  8. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  9. How to get rid of Creator's Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid of Creator's Update?: Hey all I am new to this forum and I appreciate your help. The latest update broker a bunch of programs I need. I tried resetting the PC, formatting the drive and reinstalling windows, but no use. How can I get rid of the update? The thing is, I have a USB drive I...
  10. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...