Windows 10: How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?

Discus and support How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft say that Windows 10 will be the final version of Windows. Whether that's true or not, it certainly won't be the end of new features being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jun 9, 2015.

1. How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?

Microsoft say that Windows 10 will be the final version of Windows. Whether that's true or not, it certainly won't be the end of new features being needed, wanted, and added to Windows 10.

That being said, the "feature complete" state of Windows 10 could probably be viewed as Windows 10's starting point, rather than its finalization. And in 5 - 10 years, Windows 10 could have a very different presentation than it will at launch - and that seems very plausible, with how fast new technologies, devices, and types of services are arising.

Will Microsoft release updates via modules that people can choose based on their relevance to them, and will they be free for Windows 10 owners?

:)

Delicieuxz, Jun 9, 2015
  2. Mark_W. Win User

HTTP is broken in IE11 Mobile

Hello Eric:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with the web browser on your Windows Phone running the 8.1 developer preview. I see that you found an issue with how certain sites are handled on the browser. At this point I have a
    couple questions and one suggestion.

My main question is what is happening when you attempt to connect via port 8080? I see you mention it does not handle it correctly but I am unable to determine how it is being handled based on the information provided. If you could provide as much detail
    as possible that would be greatly appreciated.

My next question is, was this something that did not happen when accessing the site via the browser before you installed the developer preview? If this did work as expected then any additional information related to your experience on the phone then would
    be appreciated.

For the time being I would suggest you post your feedback/suggestions regarding this to the following forum,

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
    . This forum is used to develop updates for existing products and in the development of new products. Posting here will further ensure your concerns are seen and addressed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jun 9, 2015
  3. Can you upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 from Windows Phone 8 for free?

I signed up for the developer preview, it was very easy. Windows 8.1 is fantastic, so much better than Windows 8.0. I was at the point of throwing my Lumia 625 in the bin because I was so frustrated with the operating system. 8.1 is much more stable. Many
    of the new features are actually the same as you get on iOS and Android, so they should have been there in Windows all along, but their inclusion is still appreciated. For example the media handling is much better, with podcast support included. If like me
    you are getting annoyed with Windows, become a developer and you will be amazed at the difference with the new version.

NickCromie, Jun 9, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?

much like Apple does ,and same as Apple there will likely come a time when your hardware is no longer compatible with the latest version of win10 ,[when ever that happens ],, my older mac laptop is no longer updatable ,because latest mac OS no longer supports my intel duel core cpu ,so I'm stuck at 6.8,,and cant go to 7x

caperjack, Jun 10, 2015
  5. Well that sounds terrible. But that's a whole new version of the OS, so for Windows, it would go from 10 -> 11. Even if it wasn't called that, such a foundational change would be a new iteration as much as 95 to 98 was, or Vista to 7, 7 to 8.1, or 8.1 to 10.

Delicieuxz, Jun 10, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Not terrible at all. Your hardware will only last so long. As long as it is compatible, W10 will update it. caperjack is absolutely correct

7. It's terrible that a new OS would not support certain CPU model if it has nothing to do with performance capability to run the OS. There are no restrictions on what Windows version PC hardware can run, so far - but if a new version of Windows were designed to not work with certain generation of CPU, despite those CPUs having enough power to handle the OS, that would be terrible. I have trouble imagining that a dual core CPU could not handle any modern OS. It sounds like the lack of support caperjack is talking about is a software design, and not a hardware weakness.

Delicieuxz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10?

1. How will new feature development be handled with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - feature development handled

2. How to use the new “Search with a screenshot” feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the new “Search with a screenshot” feature in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In recent times, almost every one of us has been around certain applications that […] This article How to use the new “Search with a screenshot” feature in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. For developers: Use developer features

in Windows 10 Customization
    For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  4. Twitter developing new feature to hide replies to your tweets

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter developing new feature to hide replies to your tweets: 1/8 Thanks to Jane and @MattNAvarra for starting the conversation about the this feature we are developing! We wanted to provide a little more context on it. 2/8 We often hear from heavy Tweeters that they want to be able to protect their conversations... 3/8 People who...
  5. New Windows 10 Clipboard feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 Clipboard feature: Hello, I am a bit confused as the new 'clipboard feature' that I installed (and used), seems to have now disappeared. I am fully uptodate on all my downloads and have installed and reset my computer as requested, but for some reason the clipboard feature is no longer there....
  6. Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10: At WWDC conference earlier this month, Apple announced that the next version of its desktop operating system codenamed Mojave, which comes with a new dynamic desktop feature. Windows 10 already has advanced settings for desktop background, and it appears that you can easily...
  7. Prepare for new Windows 10 Development Branch builds

in Windows 10 News
    Prepare for new Windows 10 Development Branch builds: Hello Windows Insiders! We wanted to send out a quick note reminding Windows Insiders to check their ring settings. Now that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) has been released to our customers, it has replaced the Windows 10 November Update (Build 10586) in...
  8. New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Kinect developer preview for Windows 10: [img] [img] Kinect - Windows app development This preview adds support for using Kinect with the built-in Windows.Devices.Perception APIs, and it also provides beta support for using Kinect with Windows Hello. Getting started is easy. First, make sure you already...
  9. Windows 10 development.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 development.: Dev Exclusive How Microsoft built, and is still building, Windows 10 Emil Protalinski August 13, 2015 9:20 AM Windows 10 for PCs arrived two weeks ago. Thankfully, we don’t need to wait years to say this will be a Microsoft operating system release like no other. The...
  10. Windows 10 new Reset feature ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 new Reset feature ?: Hi Back in March 16, the Windows team of MSFT revealed that Windows 10 won't use a separate "Recovery" image for "Refresh" and 'Reset" feature. Later MSDN page on "Reset" is updated with some more info about this new change. What's new with push-button reset...