Windows 10: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by groze, Jun 16, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

How to: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Microsoft Edge provides a reading view for a more streamlined clean and simple layout, book-like reading experience of webpages, without the distraction of unrelated or other secondary content on the page. This will bring whatever you're reading front-and-center. You can even change the reading view style and font size to suit your mood.

This tutorial will show you how to increase and decrease the text size of an article while in reading view in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View using Keyboard Shortcuts
    • Option Three: Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Registry Editor

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Microsoft Edge
    1. While you have reading view turned on in Microsoft Edge to read an article, click/tap on an empty area of the article.
    2. Click/tap on the Text options icon
    Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    . (see screenshot below)

3. Under Text size, click/tap on the Decrease font size and/or Increase font size buttons until the text size is what you want.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View using Keyboard Shortcuts
    1. While you have reading view turned on in Microsoft Edge to read an article, click/tap on an empty area of the article.

2. Press the Ctrl+Minus (decrease) and/or Ctrl+Plus (increase) keys until the text size is what you want.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Narrator Voice Volume in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    Code:

3. In the right pane of the ReadingMode key, double click/tap on the FontSize DWORD value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Type a number between 0 (smaller) to 6 (larger) for the text size you want, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default text size is 3.

5. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

6. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

groze, Jun 16, 2015
  2. Bruce_T Win User

Microsoft Edge's text size is too large

This isn't really a satisfactory answer. If I set the text size to the minimum then I can't read text messages, contact lists and most other things on my phone - unless I put reading glasses on. But I don't want to have to put my reading glasses every time I
    want to look at my phone.

I previously have owned Lumia 625 and Lumia 730 phones. On these phones, I was able to select a reasonably large text size so that I could see to do most things on my phone without having to put my glasses on. OK - in Calendar and Internet Explorer the font
    was a bit too small to read without glasses. BUT - the important thing is that even with a large font size selected on the phone, the browser still used a small font and the pages were clearly displayed - no overlapping text. My experience is that Edge is
    pretty much unusable with all but the smallest fonts. But with the smallest fonts selected, everything else on the phone is unusable without wearing glasses.

The obvious solution is to allow people to be able to select a different font size in Edge - or have a fixed, small font in Edge.

From the number of posts, this is clearly a problem area. The introduction of Windows 10 and Edge has been a backward step in this regard. It's all very well wanting to have software that works across all platforms, but something that is suitable for viewing
    on netbooks, laptops and desktop PCs/monitors is not going to be suitable for mobile phone screens.

I'm generally quite happy with Microsoft but this is something that hasn't been thought through and needs fixing.

Bruce_T, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Problem with text in IE 11 or Explorer Edge

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with appearance of text in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge incorrect settings.

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and try to change the fonts and text size in Internet Explorer 11. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/ie-accessibilty-options#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

To change font style and size in Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps:

a. Open Microsoft Edge.

b. Click on More Actions (...) and then click on Settings.

c. Under the section Reading change the options Reading view style
    and Reading view font size. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

Windows 10 - Microsoft edge - Reading view

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you want to enable the Reading view in Microsoft Edge.

Please follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps.

Method 1

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. While on a webpage you want to turn on reading view for, press the
    Ctrl + Shift +R keys.

Method 2

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the
    More actions
    icon on the toolbar, and click/tap on Settings.

3. Select a Reading view style and
    Reading view font size you want to be used whenever you have reading view turned on. Try each setting to see which one you like best.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, please feel free to write to us and we will be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How can I increase my font size of apps to 125% but keep edge at 100%

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

◾Click Settings icon on the Start Menu.
    ◾Tap on System.

◾Go to the right side of the Display segment and use the slider to change the size of text, apps and other items on your Windows 10.

In Microsoft Edge you may try the following steps to change the font size and check.

• Open EDGE browser.

• Select More actions (…)
      at top right corner of the EDGE browser,
      select settings.

• Select the small/medium/large/extra-large(as you wish)
      from the reading view font size drop menu.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    changing Windows Explorer text size

Hello Patrick, Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 :)

If you like, the tutorials below can helps show you how to change the text size for the following items in Windows 10.

Another option would be to change the default system font to something that may look better to you.

*Arrow Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

1. Change Text Size in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Text Size

2. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  3. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  4. size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  5. Windows edge reading view

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge reading view: Can you set reading view as a default in windows edge? Don 8941
  6. Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Text Spacing in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  7. Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Change Page Theme in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  8. How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10: How to: How to Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 How to Get and Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge Reading View in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  9. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  10. Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Reading View in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...