Windows 10: How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?

Discus and support How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want every single file in my SSD put into my HDD, how would I do it exactly? Win 10, 64 bit HOME edition 93391 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by McSweg, Sep 13, 2017.

1. McSweg Win User

How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?

I want every single file in my SSD put into my HDD, how would I do it exactly?

Win 10, 64 bit HOME edition

:)

McSweg, Sep 13, 2017
  2. Yowa N Win User

How do I get ALL my files back??? I was told it would all be saved and all files are empty. I am not happy.

Try to find it in folder: C:\windows.Old\Users\User(your name)\Desktop
    or Documents or Music

or Video. Navigate to these folders with File Explorer and copy your files and paste to your new library.

Yowa N, Sep 13, 2017
  3. How do I get ALL my files back??? I was told it would all be saved and all files are empty. I am not happy.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if it is hidden mode.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article and try recover the files on Windows 10. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 13, 2017
  4. How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?

Clarification needed.

Does the SSD contain an operating system such as Windows? Or just personal data?

Your title says "back up", but in your post you say "put into my HDD". We need a better idea of what you ultimately are trying to accomplish.

Recovering from the total failure of your SSD, which contains Windows as well as all of your personal data?

Or something else, such as an ordinary copy of all files from the SSD to the HDD and you don't care if the HDD will then boot your PC?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 13, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Use Macrium Reflect Free, and use cloning option.

cereberus, Sep 13, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    If you clone drive using Macrium Reflect Free, it will work regardless if drive has OS or not.

cereberus, Sep 13, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Sep 13, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Just FYI to the OP, Macrium isn't the only program out there to do backups and clones; there are other programs out there like Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Acronis True Image, and others. That said, though I've never used Macrium, it is highly rated.

Anyway my ONLY point here is Macrium isn't the only product out there. I say that because the OP may already have something but may not be aware of its capabilities for the task at hand.

sygnus21, Sep 13, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    I was a registered owner of Acronis True Image for years, until it just kept getting more bloated on every new release. Way to much loaded at bootup, plus even got slower making image backups. Macrium Reflect is about the Best backup program out there. Take up very little space, always works, and there free version is almost as good as their paid version.
    Macrium Reflect is not the only backup program out there, this is true, its just about the Best One out there thou.
    You can drive a Ford ....or drive a BMW ...user's choice. *Smile

OldMike65, Sep 13, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, ATI has been having issues lately which is why I haven't upgraded to the latest edition since my 2016 version still works under the current version of 10.

That said, everybody has their favorites for whatever reason. And no software is perfect, thus the "it sucks" for one person doesn't mean it sucks for everyone else.

I'm not here to support one over the other I just use what works for me until it doesn't. In this instance, I'll continue to drive my Ford until it becomes unreliable. And BTW I'm not a fan of BMW. That's me *Wink

Regardless, my point remains that there are choices - just like Ford, Chevy, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Volvo, etc...

sygnus21, Sep 14, 2017
  11. Kari Win User
    ... but it will not work if for instance the source disk is a Windows system disk from a BIOS / MBR system, and the target system is a UEFI / GPT system (or vice versa).

The easiest method is to capture the Windows image from source Windows installation, create an ISO based on that image, and clean install it to target disk. Capturing an existing Windows image and clean installing using it transfers absolutely everything, from user profiles and installed apps to desktop settings and user files for each existing user.

This method does not care about the size of source and target disks or their partitioning system. It always works, regardless of the differences on the source and target disks.

See Part Four in following tutorial for instructions on capturing the Windows Image, and Part Five to create an ISO based on that image: Create Windows 10 ISO image from Existing Installation Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

12. cereberus Win User
    Except MRF is a Roller - end of story.

cereberus, Sep 14, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

No disrespect, but I seriously doubt this is OP's situation. Even if it was, it would be easier to clone it and then run mbr2gpt.

cereberus, Sep 14, 2017
  14. McSweg Win User
    Sorry for the no details.

Windows 10 is on my SSD.

I just want every single file inside my SSD be on my HDD just in case if my SSD corrupts or if my window corrupts I can recover my whole window through my HDD.

yeah i know HDDs **** up more easier than a SSD

but lets say i get a virus or something really bad happens to my OS and i need to go back in time so i wouldnt have installed that "virus" etc...

McSweg, Sep 14, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    What you want is to create a system image backup then.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

cereberus, Sep 14, 2017
Thema:

1. How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD? - Similar Threads - files SSD put

2. I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD, how...: I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD. From my research, there is a way to do it using symbolic links, however, I am not really satisfied with that solution as I think there could be a better one....
  3. I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD, how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD, how...: I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD. From my research, there is a way to do it using symbolic links, however, I am not really satisfied with that solution as I think there could be a better one....
  4. I would like to mount my HDD to/as the program files directory to save space on my SSD, how...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  6. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  7. How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?: I bought a ssd and I need to know how i can transfer all my files from that hard drive to the ssd. I deleted enough apps to make sure my HDD has enough space to transfer all the downloads and files, etc, to my SSD. I also want to make it so windows boots off my SSD instead of...
  8. How to keep my files and games on my HDD with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to keep my files and games on my HDD with an SSD: I recently purchased an M.2 SSD 120GB just to be a boot drive for my Windows 10 so it's faster, but I'm not sure about how to keep my files and games on my 1TB HDD but it still has Windows 10 on it and I'm not sure on how to tackle this situation. I want to keep everything on...
  9. cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant move my video files back to my ssd from my hdd: i want to move my video files back from my HDD to my SSD as i thought i was gonna take up more storage so i moved it on my HDD now i need it back on my SSD because it doesn't take up as much space but it tells me that System Volume Information access denied and when i...
  10. All my files are on my SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    All my files are on my SSD: Hey guys i just got a ssd and only want to have Windows on it and some certain programs but whenever i try to install anything it just ends up on my SSD, in some programs i cant even choose what like folder or harddrive i want to install it on. Please help 27309