Windows 10: How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

Discus and support How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BLiNX the time sweeper, Dec 3, 2023.

1. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller. This is mainly due to a bug that happens sometimes when the batteries fall out or die during a game where the last registered input keeps repeating infinitely in the OS itself regardless of what I do this doesn't mess with gameplay from what I've experienced of it though, so it's hard to tell when it happens until after I close whatever I was playing. When this happens with the left analog stick, it mak

:)

BLiNX the time sweeper, Dec 3, 2023

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Redirecting

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 3, 2023
  4. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to use the XBOX One controller on this computer before?
    2. Have you tried connecting the XBOX controller on a different computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

1. Select Start, then Run, then type
      sysdm.cpl
      , and then select OK.
    2. On the Hardware tab, select Device Manager.
    3. When the controller is successfully installed, you see three entries in Device Manager. There should be two entries under
      Human Interface Devices:
    HID-compliant game controller

USB Human Interface Device

Additionally, there should be a third entry in under
    Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class:

Xbox One Controller for Windows

1. If you see yellow exclamation points next to any of these entries, there's a problem with the installation.
    2. Double-click Xbox One Controller for Windows.
    On the Driver tab, select
    Update Driver and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Catherine Cus dated August 24, 2017,
    if the above
    suggested steps doesn’t fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

1. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface? - Similar Threads - disable Xbox controller

2. How would I disable Xbox series x controller UI navigation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would I disable Xbox series x controller UI navigation?: I would like to disable Xbox series X controller UI navigation. I use a third party app called Controller Companion which allows me to use my xbox controller as a mouse and keyboard but whenever I use microsoft apps like the start menu, the xbox app or settings, the app in...
  3. How would I disable Xbox series x controller UI navigation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would I disable Xbox series x controller UI navigation?: I would like to disable Xbox series X controller UI navigation. I use a third party app called Controller Companion which allows me to use my xbox controller as a mouse and keyboard but whenever I use microsoft apps like the start menu, the xbox app or settings, the app in...
  4. How can I disable controller support on one windows user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable controller support on one windows user?: So I am using a RDP session on one user and my main desktop on another user. My question is, is there any way to disable controller support on my RDP session and not on my main desktop?...
  5. How can I disable controller support on one windows user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable controller support on one windows user?: So I am using a RDP session on one user and my main desktop on another user. My question is, is there any way to disable controller support on my RDP session and not on my main desktop?...
  6. How can I disable controller support on one windows user?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?: I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller. This is mainly due to a bug that happens sometimes when the batteries fall out or die...
  8. How to Disable the Windows 10 UI Support for Controllers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable the Windows 10 UI Support for Controllers: I have a DualShock 4 controller and use DS4Windows with a couple of custom profiles to get the controller to work with Windows not just games and I've found that Windows 10 now has built in support for selecting elements in UWP apps using the controller. For example, if I...
  9. Xbox 360 controller support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller support: I have 3 Logitech wireless F710 gamepads that used to work, now the are recognized as either an "HID keyboard device" (I have 7 showing up in 'device manager') or an "HID compliant system controller". I tried to update the driver (because none of my gamepads are working with...
  10. Installed user interface mode not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed user interface mode not supported: I get this message every time I try to install SPLM license server, What can I do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-user-interface-mode-not-supported/26007729-91f1-4340-ae03-68bb60033a36