Windows 10: How would you describe this?

Discus and support How would you describe this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, I would like to recommend this in the Feedback App, but I'm not sure how to say it. For lack of words, I have put this together so y'all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chuck38, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Chuck38 Win User

How would you describe this?

Hi folks,

I would like to recommend this in the Feedback App, but I'm not sure how to say it. For lack of words, I have put this together so y'all can see what I would like. I guess I would just like more customization with the Start Menu. *Smile

How would you describe this? [​IMG]

-Chuck

:)

Chuck38, Nov 18, 2014

2. What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

Anything new with WINmo 6.5 or some of the new Android phones coming out:

- Memory capacity - N97 has NO MEMORY, the MINI has double the RAM. Think about that!

- FM transmiter - Works at a range of 2 feet - a cable would be better anyway into the car stereo

- Widgets - are you kidding me?????

- FM Radio - yeah sure that is good, but whatever

- Great resolution when you watch movies - no h264 on the n97 mate, sure most other phones do this fine, my HP Ipaq from 2001 plays more movies than the n97 (it has skype as well!!)

- 5MP camera - yeah until it is scratched

-REAL MULTITASK phone - WINmo can do it, Android can do it, even the pre can do it....

I feel hooped for getting the N97, everything is there, but nothing works as it should. Thankfully since this AM i dont have any out of memory errors, but I am sure they will return just when I don't need them to.

At this point anything is better - to be honest, I've had my eyes on the n900 - but unless Nokia fixes my n97, i wont throw them another dime so long as I live, nor will I allow the 30 people i have sent Nokias way to get another one.

Fix. My. Phone.

rasmus---01, Nov 18, 2014
  3. gazpeiti Win User
    What would you buy if you would you have to return your N97?

2 days ago my N97 stopped working, I had to turned off for some reason, and when I turned it on the screen was frozen. (Nokia logo)

I was so afraid of sending my phone out for repair, with the possibility of getting a new N97 and lose all my apps from the OVI store + all the information that I have on my phone. How would you describe this? :( lucky me, after attemping 10 more times, my phone worked.

It came through my mind the possibility of getting a new phone, but wich one?, Iphone, HTC, Omnia, Android phone? Lets face it, there is no phone in the market with all the capabilities than the N97 has. No phone gets even closer:

- Memory capacity

- FM transmiter

- Widgets

- FM Radio

- Great resolution when you watch movies

- 5MP camera

- REAL MULTITASK phone ( over 8 apps open and no issues at all ) How would you describe this? :)

- etc

This morning I updated my phone to the new firmware (2.0XXX), IMHO I would say the firmware is not a mayor improvement, still some bugs to be fixed but, it runs a bit faster. C memory still the same and some other stuff that we all know the phone still has.
    So, What would you buy, if you have to return your N97?

For me, maybe I will switch to Android OS when my N97 gets obsolete.

gazpeiti, Nov 18, 2014
  4. Tony K Win User

Don't quite know what you mean, Chuck. I see a start menu. Here's mine.

Tony K, Nov 18, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    Ask MS why Classic Shell knows what we want better than them. *Smile

badrobot, Nov 18, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Tony, notice the small tiles in my photo? That's what I want to be able to do. At the moment I can't so I edited the start menu with my photo editor so y'all can see how I would like it.

Chuck38, Nov 18, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    Chuck, what does yours look like now and what aren't you able to do?

Edwin, Nov 18, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Okay, this is what it looks like.

I would like it to look like my edited photo above, which is not real. But it's what I want my real Start menu to look like.

Chuck38, Nov 18, 2014
  9. Tony K Win User
    Waddaya mean you can't? Your revamped tiles are a little smaller than the default small tiles, so I don't see your effort paid off much there. The small default tiles can be stacked as you have yours, correct?

Tony K, Nov 18, 2014
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    No, they cannot be stacked. I edited the photo so it would look the way I want them. Try making your start menu look like the one I posted in the original post. You will find that you cannot do it, neither can I.

Like I said earlier, I don't know how to put this into words, so I took a screenshot and then edited it in my photo editor so y'all can see what I want it too look like.

Chuck38, Nov 18, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    It can be done, I'm formulating a coherent reply now... *Smile

Edwin, Nov 18, 2014
  12. strollin Win User
    The Start menu insists on making the tiles on the Start Menu a minimum of 4 wide using the small tiles, Chuck wants to be able to make the Start Menu only 1 tile wide because he has so few but it can't be done. I personally would like to be able to get it down to 2 tiles wide but can't do it.

strollin, Nov 18, 2014
  13. Edwin New Member

First, there's three things that govern the size of the Start menu:
    -your screen resolution,
    -your dpi scaling,
    -the display size, (default or large), in PC Settings.

For example:
    With my screen resolution of 1920X1080, with PC Settings display at default and keeping the dpi under 120%, I can pull the Start menu all the way up to the top of the screen.
    Changing the variables changes the menu's abilities.

Then you ask: "how did you get all those spaces on the Start pane";
    well, I pinned everything to Start, made everything as large or 'wide', if possible, then made them all 'small'.

It's a little weird, you've got to play with it a lot to get what you want; pin everything, unpin everything, re-size and re-size again, move them around, etc., etc., etc.

Edwin, Nov 18, 2014
  14. Tony K Win User
    Edwin, Can they be stacked like Chuck wants?

Tony K, Nov 18, 2014
  15. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Nov 18, 2014
Thema:

1. How would you describe this? - Similar Threads - describe

2. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  3. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  4. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...: System froze randomly, checked event viewer and found a fatal error. found this error log in Event Viewer. XML is below. Any help would be appreciated <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  5. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...: System froze randomly, checked event viewer and found a fatal error. found this error log in Event Viewer. XML is below. Any help would be appreciated <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  6. WHEA Logger - A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Describe this photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Describe this photo: Describe this photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/describe-this-photo/9da09711-aad6-4446-a571-21c53bcc55d1
  8. Describe this photo

Describe this photo: Describe this photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/describe-this-photo/9da09711-aad6-4446-a571-21c53bcc55d1
  9. I bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft front page 2003. Can this DVD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft front page 2003. Can this DVD...: I recently bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft frontpage 2003. When it arrived it was not in the original packaging and it was labeled oddly I thought. It was not sealed just in a sleeve. Can this DVD have a virus on it, I need a new version of frontpage...
  10. I bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft front page 2003. Can this DVD...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft front page 2003. Can this DVD...: I recently bought what was described as a new version of Microsoft frontpage 2003. When it arrived it was not in the original packaging and it was labeled oddly I thought. It was not sealed just in a sleeve. Can this DVD have a virus on it, I need a new version of frontpage...