Windows 10: How would you go about being able to run Android apps from Windows 10?

Discus and support How would you go about being able to run Android apps from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I work from home. If you haven't done this before, the only way describe working from home to those that don't. This of it like I'm doing a job like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jayv2251, Feb 11, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

How would you go about being able to run Android apps from Windows 10?

I work from home. If you haven't done this before, the only way describe working from home to those that don't. This of it like I'm doing a job like a carpenter, plumber, electricians work. You have one job you're working now as a sub contractor building a home from 9-5, mean while you make really good money doing emergency work during off hours. Basically even though you are working right this minute, you're always looking for another job so as to keep the money flowing. And that's where I'm at now.

That's where I am not. I just finished a 6 week long project, I'm doing misc work in the mean time and I need a new contract job. I found one but I need help with it. This job I wish to do is mean to work on a smart phone using android or ios. Either I need to find a good shell program so I can install and run the android app required to do the work. I know I seen one before, but I can't find it now. The other choice is to get VMware and then install android that way. I'd like to avoid that, since Vm is somewhat of a resource hog, slow my system down. Suggestions???

:)

jayv2251, Feb 11, 2017
  2. LCRT Win User

how do you use an Android app on a windows phone

you don't.

and project Astoria was not about running android apps on windows, it was about converting android apps to the windows store. you would always get apps from the windows store.

3. Windows 10 as an App on Android

Hi

Will I be able to run Windows-10-for-phone as an app on an Android phone? I would like to be able to seamlessly go from using a Windows phone to an "Android" phone, and vice versa.

giancarlo88, Feb 11, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I'm not into VMs yet but could suggest an inexpensive 7", 8" or 10" Android tablet, many department stores carry them at about $75 for 7" to $180 for 10", my wife got me a 7", fun to play with.

Berton, Feb 11, 2017
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    That's a thought, but I haven't worked for a while. ALL funds are going towards buying a vehicle, as our Jeep died in December of 2015. With a new job, income tax and a few other bit of cash coming in, we'll be looking at that first. Daughter wants a windows 10 laptop with dvd burner/player. No android tablets can do that, that I know of.

If I can get this job I'm talking about working, I can earn the money for a laptop for her. And my wife would get her tablet back, instead of my daughter taking control over it.

jayv2251, Feb 11, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Look into BlueStacks. You don't run android as a VM.

pparks1, Feb 11, 2017
  7. I tried BlueStacks and it was very iffy most of the time. Now I am using MEmu and it works great. I have it on my computer so I can use Android for the KIK app. Works great

stealth2920, Feb 11, 2017
  8. How would you go about being able to run Android apps from Windows 10?

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How would you go about being able to run Android apps from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - being able run

2. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...: Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to...
  3. How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix Windows being unable to run any program? Like not being able to open a...: Recently I have had trouble running any application or program on my PC. I sign in to my account using the pin and then attempt to launch an application like Settings and the computer would continuously spin loading and would not allow me to do ctrl+alt+del. Attempting to...
  4. Question about app being installed automatically when going from Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about app being installed automatically when going from Windows 10 to 11: Strange that to remove Tiktok I had to go to all apps to uninstall, so it appears that it was installed automatically without my knowledge or consent when upgrading from Windows 10 to 11. What the explanation for this? Even if I uninstall, where has all my data been sent? It...
  5. Question about app being installed automatically when going from Windows 10 to 11

Question about app being installed automatically when going from Windows 10 to 11: Strange that to remove Tiktok I had to go to all apps to uninstall, so it appears that it was installed automatically without my knowledge or consent when upgrading from Windows 10 to 11. What the explanation for this? Even if I uninstall, where has all my data been sent? It...
  6. Not being able to run as administrator any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not being able to run as administrator any app: Everthing started after a very painful day using my laptop. i kept restarting it until the point where the screen blured. After a few minutes i got the error saying the extended atributes are inconsistent from skype. After that i gone to task manager and disabled skype...
  7. Windows is going to run android apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is going to run android apps?: Microsoft is hard at work on a new system that’ll allow its desktop operating system to run Android apps. Windows 10 is already able to run some Android apps using the Your Phone app, which syncs with the software of the same name on your Android handset to bring text...
  8. Microsoft now lets you run Android apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft now lets you run Android apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mohiemen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5bi3f/microsoft_now_lets_you_run_android_apps_in/
  9. Not being able to update Windows 10 apps

Not being able to update Windows 10 apps: Hello, I checked my Microsoft Store this morning and I had 43 awaiting downloads. I tried to download them all but they just keep on saying "Downloading." I got version 1809 yesterday after it not downloading for over 4 months of release. I then checked the store. Yesterday...
  10. How to run Android in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to run Android in Windows 10?: NOTE: I presumed that this is the proper forum to ask about emulators. If is not, please advise! I want to run Android apps, and understand that I need an emulator. What should I do? What is the best FREE one that I can download? Thanks 51401