Windows 10: How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection?

Discus and support How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here and elsewhere I found how to create a Dial-up, broadband connection (sorry still using this old stuff seeing that I am at a university in China)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pintree3, Mar 1, 2016.

1. pintree3 Win User

How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection?

Here and elsewhere I found how to create a Dial-up, broadband connection (sorry still using this old stuff seeing that I am at a university in China) shortcut placed on the desktop. B4 the shortcut I had to:
    -1- click on the R-side of the task bar icon
    -2- Click on the broadband strip on top
    -3- Click on the connection
    -4- click on Connect
    Creating a shortcut from there (Settings -> Network & Internet -> DIal-up) onto the desktop actually creates an extra step since it defaults to VPN instead--and even if it didn't it would still be 4 steps.
    Is this any way to make this a 1 or 2-step process?
    Thank you

:)

pintree3, Mar 1, 2016
  2. farby Win User

Software Update

Is it connected thru' Broadband or Dial up connection ? Dial up connections are slow and hence you may get this message..

farby, Mar 1, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    Nokia E52 cannot download maps fusing Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290

Are you doing it thru' a Broadband connection ? ..or is it a simple Dial-up network ?

farby, Mar 1, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

I'm not familiar with making them but perhaps someone can make you a bat file to do those steps for you every time you open it.

vgchat, Mar 1, 2016
  5. pintree3 Win User
    AH yeah, a bat file. I remember reading of such a while back but I have a funny feeling it may be simpler with W10 nevertheless I'll look into it. thanks

pintree3, Mar 1, 2016
  6. pintree3 Win User
    SO far no luck with the bat file or anything else (mind u haven't really had the time to do a proper search)

pintree3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How2 quickly turn on a Dial-up Broadband Connection? - Similar Threads - How2 quickly turn

2. Is there a way to add a dial-up connection to the quick settings section in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to add a dial-up connection to the quick settings section in Windows 11?: Hey there,I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and noticed that a useful feature for quickly connecting to a dial-up connection is missing. At work, we rely on this feature to connect to APN.In Windows 10, once a dial-up connection is created, it would appear...
  3. Is there a way to add a dial-up connection to the quick settings section in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to add a dial-up connection to the quick settings section in Windows 11?: Hey there,I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and noticed that a useful feature for quickly connecting to a dial-up connection is missing. At work, we rely on this feature to connect to APN.In Windows 10, once a dial-up connection is created, it would appear...
  4. About Dial up / broadband Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Dial up / broadband Connection: when i try to connect to broadband it show me this error i checked twice and tried another id but failed[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-dial-up-broadband-connection/3455b95d-f29e-4f3d-871d-1a23ff1d8c6c
  5. internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10...: Split from this thread. Dear all, I have tried to fix a same problem. So I have internet connection Broadband dial up connection which I want to share via Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot. But this action not allowed by Windows. Could you help me with this...
  6. dial up speed with broadband

dial up speed with broadband: Yeah. That's what I say. What? I am using windows 10 Home edition version 1511 HP laptop 64 bit 8 gb ram 500 gb hd. I recently reinstalled windows and am experiencing very slow and sometimes incomplete downloads. I checked errors and read that my connection shows "Getchar...
  7. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  8. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  9. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  10. Dial up Broadband connection crashing

Dial up Broadband connection crashing: Recently upgraded to version 10586 through "Windows Update". Since then, whenever I "Shutdown" or "Hibernate" my computer, the Dial up Broadband Protocol goes missing & I've to Set Up again. Any solution? 48138