Windows 10: How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

Discus and support How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Problem: - Latest Windows 10 (home) Update... Enlarges Icons - Resizing results in wrong aspect ratio... (Icons wider than they should be and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fran3, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Fran3 Win User

How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

The Problem:
    - Latest Windows 10 (home) Update... Enlarges Icons
    - Resizing results in wrong aspect ratio... (Icons wider than they should be and looking funny)

Restore files affected include 3 files relative to AMD display
    - oem6.inf
    - oem76.inf
    - oem77.inf
    ( I can see them in c:\windows\inf\ )

After restore to last restore point icons return to normal but later get big again as... I assume... update re-occurs.

AFTER 'Restore' and BEFORE the update re-installs itself... In Updates Advanced Settings... I unchecked the box that allows Windows to include updates for other software BUT that didn't do it.

The Equipment:
    Have 3 HP Pavilion p6716f-b Bundle PC's with AMD Athlon II 640 Quad-Core Processors and HP s2031a 20" diagonal Monitors with 6GB mem and 1TB drive.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? It is driving us nuts.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

Fran3, Nov 24, 2017

2. The windows 10 fall upgrade 1709 fails after about 45% mark.. Then gives an error message and returns system to 1703

Any clues in those?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 24, 2017
  3. The windows 10 fall upgrade 1709 fails after about 45% mark.. Then gives an error message and returns system to 1703

Any clues in those?

Nothing really..

two were Microsoft drivers (\pd\f and xml writer)

other was audio driver.. I deleted all audio drivers and let them recreate by themselves..

I deleted all traces of oem43,42 and 6.. but they keep returning??

AndrewMcNeish, Nov 24, 2017
  4. How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

Hi Fran3. Welcome to the TenForums @Fran3

You have to stop updates to drivers.

Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl, enter, then click on Hardware tab, then Device Installation Settings, then No. This should stop driver updates, if it doesn't there is another alternative.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Fran3 Win User
    Thanks Ken. You taught me something new.

Fran3, Nov 25, 2017
  6. Great. Glad the forum could help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

1. How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update? - Similar Threads - How2stop AMD Display

2. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem26.inf: The past few days my PC keeps crashing when I load up a game. I have made sure that Windows and my Drivers are fully updated. I went into event viewer and oem26.inf is erroring could this be the issue to my problem and is there a fix for it. If someone knows anything or can...
  3. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oem26.inf: The past few days my PC keeps crashing when I load up a game. I have made sure that Windows and my Drivers are fully updated. I went into event viewer and oem26.inf is erroring could this be the issue to my problem and is there a fix for it. If someone knows anything or can...
  4. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade

oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade: Repeated attempts to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 have been "hard" blocked by XPS and PDF drivers oem157.inf and oem158.inf. This exact scenario has been reported/documented before with early upgrades to Windows 10. The documented solution steps from this historical...
  6. AMD oem8.inf 0x15 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD oem8.inf 0x15 Problem: Hey! I have to appeal to this forum as i've tried all the solutions that i believe that are in internet and still keep this problem.What happens is, first in the event log i always see that this .inf file has an error, with multiple drivers, independent of the version it...
  7. AMD oem8.inf 0x15 Problem

AMD oem8.inf 0x15 Problem: Hey! I have to appeal to this forum as i've tried all the solutions that i believe that are in internet and still keep this problem.What happens is, first in the event log i always see that this .inf file has an error, with multiple drivers, independent of the version it...
  8. AMD oem8.inf 0x15 Problem

9. *.inf

*.inf: Not able to run autorun.inf from pen drive automaticallyThe file association for *.inf is with notepadPlease Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inf/ec7aaf08-ca92-4066-8639-9ca9d02aa364
  10. INF/Autorun.gen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    INF/Autorun.gen: [img] How to delete? 126293

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oem77.inf

2. driverpackage hassignedbinaries=false blockmigration=true inf=oem6.inf

3. oem6.inf

4. oem77.inf download,
  5. WHAT IS oem64.PNF,
  6. oem76.inf,
  7. <DriverPackage HasSignedBinaries=False BlockMigration=True Inf=oem0.inf/>,
  8. BlockMigration=True Inf=oem47.inf win10,