Windows 10: Hp 255g6

Discus and support Hp 255g6 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day to all. I have just got the above laptop last week. So far so good, Just finding my way around it as I had a zoostorm desktop before decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dafydd, Nov 14, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Hp 255g6

Good day to all.
    I have just got the above laptop last week. So far so good, Just finding my way around it as I had a zoostorm desktop before decided to get something smaller that takes less room and I'm getting older.
    The laptop is a HP 255G6 been looking through start up programs etc and I see a lot of hp stuff there so been wondering what are they all about and do I need them all to run or not.
    Here are a list of the hp items involved. I would be very grateful for some help to decide what they are all for do I keep or delete.
    Many thanks to all once again David.
    • HP.audio switch
    • HP.Documentation
    • HP.e print sw
    • HP.jump start apps
    • HP.jump start bridge
    • HP.jump start launch
    • HP.orbit
    • HP.support solution framework
    • HP.sure connect
    • HP.system event utility
    • HP.wireless button driver
    • HP.bluetooth
    • HP.visual studio c++10.0 runtime
    • HP.vulcan runtime libraries 1.0.37.0

:)

dafydd, Nov 14, 2017
  2. HP-37 Win User

Nokia Lumia 521- Camera button does not work

I purchase Nokia Lumia 521. The camera button does not bring up the camera application. I had to manually go to camera application.

I already exchanged one phone and the second does the same.

HP-37, Nov 14, 2017
  3. HP, TILLY Win User
    I have a Nokia Lumia 710-unsuccessful in updating from Zune - error message 8018119B everytime. Can anyone advise, please?

It occurs once I press the 'Update' button and here is what the page says (sorry i wasn't able to take a snapshot - don't know how to):

'UPDATE ERROR

Update failed: Nokia Update for Windows Phone

We weren't able to update your phone. Please try again. After updating you may need to manually re-sync your pictures and media.

We're having some trouble downloading the update to your phone. Restart your phone and try installing the update again.

To see if there is more information about this error, click

WEB HELP

ERROR CODE

8018119B'

So, I've tried frequently since getting the message on the phone that an update is available but it seems to be eluding me!

Any ideas, please? I am not technically adept but I usually can get by.

HP, TILLY, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Hp 255g6

Hi dafydd.

One man's opinion. Some of this stuff was cut and pasted right from HP sites.

For the don’t knows I would disable, run a week or two, no issue, disable the next one. One at a time.

• HP.audio switch
    Can’t find what is actually does but lots of complaints. I would disable or put in don’t know category

• HP.Documentation
    Keep, at least for a little while while you get use to device. (Online manuals.)

• HP.e print sw
    The ability to send print across the internet to selected printers. Say you are in hotel and you want to print that email back home. I would disable unless this is something that you know you need.

• HP.jump start apps
    • HP.jump start bridge
    • HP.jump start launch
    HP JumpStart guides you through a multi-step welcome process that includes HP Registration, McAfee registration, HP Dropbox offer activation, and an HP JumpStart Concierge screen with tips to help you personalize your computer and install apps. Exactly which is what above is TBD. I would think you don’t need any so in the disable or don’t know.

• HP.orbit
    HP Orbit is the ultimate bridge between your new HP PC and your mobile devices. Seamlessly move your pictures, videos, links and files over lightning fast wifi. Whether you're at home or on the go, Orbit is your PC's companion app that moves as fast as you do. Sound like you? Disable.

• HP.support solution framework
    From Hewlett Packard Development Company: HP Support Solutions Framework is a framework for a web-based HP utility that allows you to get your software and drivers. This tool detects HP Printers and PCs running Windows 7, 8 and 10. Once HP Support Solutions Framework is installed you can go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page on the official HP site and identify most of your HP products, including laptops, desktops and printers to find your software and drivers. I’d keep but Windows also handles some of this.

• HP.sure connect
    HP Sure Connect (HP Wireless Rescue Tool) for supported models running a supported operating system. HP Sure Connect automatically
    recovers the driver of a communications device that has stopped functioning. This could be worthwhile, windows also handles so…and there is restart. Don’t know.

• HP.system event utility
    The HP System Event Utility enables special function keys on the system to be programmed. Not sure if you need. I would disable.

• HP.wireless button driver
    This package provides the driver for the HP Wireless Button on supported models running a supported operating system. HP Wireless Button allows the physical (hardware) wireless radio button on the system to enable and disable the wireless connection on the system. I would keep although Windows provides a method to shut off wireless with Airplane mode

• HP.bluetooth
    This is for Bluetooth. While you may not immediately use lots of people get Bluetooth speakers for audio. I would keep. Win 10 also allows some syncing between phones and desktop. I would think this is bluetooth.

• HP.visual studio c++10.0 runtime
    Can’t be sure but this is likely needed to run stuff above. Keep

• HP.vulcan runtime libraries 1.0.37.0
    Light Googling indicates it is part of Nvidia graphics, likely tweaked by HP. Keep.

Others may have specific experience or different opinions.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Hi, Dafydd, I have my Hp for 1 year already - when I bought it, it was with approx. 30 GB stuff from HP incl. HP recovery partition. I had a look first 2 months and realized that can be without it. All in the past... So, format, clean install of win10 and now - 10 months after that my laptop feels perfect and thanks me Hp 255g6 :) . Whatever driver updates you need you may get it either from windows update or manufactures' websites. I love HP but it was too much small /have none of those from previous post of Caledon Ken - great respect to you, @Caledon Ken / and faceless programs, which my HP and I can live without.
    Regards, Ivan

Ivan Petrov, Nov 15, 2017
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    dmholt57, Nov 15, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Good morning to all.
    many thanks for all the info passed on, I will have a good long look at all later on today.
    Thanks to all David.

dafydd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hp 255g6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp orbit app