Windows 10: HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

Discus and support HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem doesn't happen at all times. But sometimes, when my HP Desktop goes into sleep mode and when I go to wake it up, it has a hard time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 11, 2018.

1. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

This problem doesn't happen at all times.

But sometimes, when my HP Desktop goes into sleep mode and when I go to wake it up, it has a hard time connecting to my Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, it won't connect at all. I had to run the network troubleshooter today and it corrected the issue.

My modem is within reach radius of my computer, so this shouldnt be the problem.

I hope someone can help me with this. It has been happening for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks,

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 11, 2018
  2. helpbuio Win User

No Wi-Fi after sleep, Windows 10 Pro boot camp driver install, Macbook Pro retina late 2013

Hi Punith,

thank you for your help, i read the guides you linked and tried some solutions.

After the sleep this happens:

i resume from sleep

in my device manager the network adapter is called network adapter #2

try to connect normally to the network, but this Wi-Fi 2 don't remember my credentials

i re-type them

it does not connect without any error message

i persevere in the same exact manner

re-type credentials

it connects! putting in sleep and waking up causes no problem now.

But if i reboot, the network adapter has no number in the device manager

i put to sleep and re-woke up

Wi-Fi 2 does not connect automatically, bu if i connect manually it remembers the credentials.

so the problem now is only that after the first sleep after boot it does not connect automatically, and Wi-Fi network adapter acquires this odd #2

I see this is not a major problem but what can i do to make it wake-after-sleep not assigning this #2 network?

Thank you for your time,

buio

helpbuio, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Kelvin710 Win User
    Windows 10 Wi-Fi issues

I have an HP 15 Notebook PC which I recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10, it uses a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. Since upgrading I have updated the driver but still have the driver being hidden in the device manager and having any
    access to Wi-Fi every time I wake the laptop from sleep mode or hibernation. The only solution I have found is to

do a hard reboot but its only a temporary solution. I need help with a permanent one.

Kelvin710, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

This may help....

Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

...and later on in that thread.
    It's counter-intuitive, you'd have thought it would work best the other way round. Glad to have helped.

5. I will check it out @Bree when I turn on my computer in a little while. I haven’t turned it on today.

Jesse Williams, Mar 11, 2018
  6. The problem has occurred again. I did a screenshot of the problems. However, I am having issues uploading them. They are PNG files.

Jesse Williams, Mar 16, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    That shouldn't be a problem, all my screenshot are .PNG too. Maybe its size? There's a 2MB limit for .PNG files. See this tutorial for more details of allowed types and size limits...
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

8. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

9. Sometimes it won’t connect. I have to do either a restart of the computer or a network troubleshooter. I also did a network reset which didn’t fix the issue either. I don’t know why I’m having a hard time connecting to our internet. The modem is literally in the next room over in the same house. When it connects, it says I have a full range of signal.

10. Spectrum Win User
    Spectrum, Mar 17, 2018
  11. file:///C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/WlanReport/wlan-report-latest.html

Jesse Williams, Mar 17, 2018
  12. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

13. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\wlan-report-latest.html

14. Bree New Member
    At over 4MB each those images were more than twice the TenForums 2MB max. size for uploaded .PNG files. In future, you could use the snipping tool to capture a smaller area and you should have no problems uploading. Use its 'Delay' if you need to capture menus in action.

Thema:

HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep.

1. HP Desktop: Wi-Fi issues after waking from sleep. - Similar Threads - Desktop issues waking

2. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  3. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  4. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  5. Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi disappears after waking laptop up from Sleep: Background: I'm using Windows 11 Educational Edition on Dell Vostro 14-3468 Machine.Before that, I used to face the same problem on Windows 10 and it's irritating me for almost 4-5 months.Question: Suppose I am working on my laptop and it's working fine including internet...
  6. Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wi-Fi disconnects after waking from sleep. Manually have to click connect after.: Almost every time I've gone to wake my computer up from sleep, my wifi has disconnected and there is an empty globe icon. After logging back in, I have to manually click it and connect to my network again. I've tried some things I've seen online Power Management, Performance...
  7. Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disconnects Wi-Fi after waking from sleep: I unchecked the "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" option beside all Wi-Fi adapters in the Device Manager yet it still happens. Any reply is appreciated!...
  8. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  9. Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi gets disconnected after sleep: I get a new laptop Vostro 5490 with Win10 Pro 2004. everything works great but once my laptop goes into sleep mode it's become a problem. I can go in and out of sleep mode just fine, but my problem is that upon exiting sleep mode my computer cannot pick up any wifi signals...
  10. After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep: After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet...