Windows 10: HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem

Discus and support HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Laptop has two video cards. one is a Mobility Radeon HD 5000 and the other is a 4050. I installed what I thought were the correct drivers but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016.

1. MannyLNJ Win User

HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem

My Laptop has two video cards. one is a Mobility Radeon HD 5000 and the other is a 4050. I installed what I thought were the correct drivers but Windows 10 isn't using them.

it seems that the system is using the Microsoft Video Driver which is forcing my extra monitor to mirror the desktop rather than extend it,

:)

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016

2. Fix for atibtmon.exe Error after Windows 10 update

I tried installing the ATI video driver for my HP Pavilion dv7-4053cl after upgrading to Win10. It had no Win10 version only a Win7. So I installed that but still get that error.

Louis Earley, Aug 30, 2016
  3. OzHoskins Win User
    Windows 10 HDMI not working

After upgrading to Windows 10 my HP dv7-4280us no longer detects my TV via HDMI. I have run all windows updates, and then downloaded drivers (older version) directly from HP and still no luck. No video, no audio, from what I can tell no detection at all.

OzHoskins, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

First of all, that model laptop has one video card, and that is the ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 s. See the spec sheet for that laptop here.
    According to AMD, the latest driver for that GPU is legacy driver 15.7.1. See the driver release notes here.

So I guess your first step would be to verify for us which driver you tried to install.

Carsomyr, Aug 30, 2016
  5. MannyLNJ Win User
    Under Display Drivers it shows TWO entries
    Amd Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series
    ATI Mobolity Radeon HD 4200 series

The Radeon 5000 entry shows it is using Driver Version 15.201.1151.1008
    The Radeon 4200 entry shows it is using Driver Version 15.201.1151.1008 as well

Under General-> Device Status the 5000 shows Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    Under General -> Device Status the 4200 shows No Drivers are installed for this device

HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem [​IMG]

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    I would wager that it is a really funky driver installation over your laptop magically created a second GPU for itself, especially considering one device has driver problems and the other has none. I would start by downloading the latest Display Driver Uninstaller and wiping all the current broken drivers form the laptop. Then I would try to install the 15.7.1 drivers and see what happens.

Out of curiosity, Did you upgrade that machine from 7 to 10 and then clean install 10, or did you just upgrade and leave it?

Carsomyr, Aug 30, 2016
  7. MannyLNJ Win User
    I did a fresh install of 10 on an SSD drive. DDU ran system shows TWO cards still. I will run the driver install next.

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

The HP spec sheet for that model lists that it has "itchable graphics". I suppose that's a typo for switchable graphics:

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Dual AMD GPUs | HP® Customer Support

In effect, there are two graphics controllers (low and high power), only one of which is used at any moment.

I have no personal experience with dual graphics. I wonder whether it requires special drivers? HP seems to offer none fro download, even for the original OS (Win 7).

bobkn, Aug 30, 2016
  9. MannyLNJ Win User
    After reinstaling the AMD drivers it is still giving me the same issues.

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    I saw that too, but normally when something has switchable graphics both adapters are listed under video graphics.

Carsomyr, Aug 30, 2016
  11. Carsomyr Win User
    Well then give this a try. Run DDU again. Then Install the original driver from HP found here, and let us know if you still have 2/if it gives you issues.

Carsomyr, Aug 30, 2016
  12. MannyLNJ Win User
    That driver is for Windows 7 do I use compatibility mode to install it?

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
  13. Carsomyr Win User

Try it without compatibility mode first. I was able to install 7 drivers on my old p55 board (1st gen i7, circa 2009ish, win7 were latest drivers) without a hitch.

Carsomyr, Aug 30, 2016
  14. MannyLNJ Win User
    OK. DDU finished. My system is now much lower resolution. Going to reboot

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
  15. MannyLNJ Win User
    Partial success! The system is now showing a different video card but it will not give me a display with the external monitor attached. if I boot without it does show a display is missing

MannyLNJ, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

1. HP dv7-4171US Video Drivers problem - Similar Threads - dv7 4171US Video

2. BSOD on laptop HP Envy dv7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on laptop HP Envy dv7: My father's laptop recently started having BSOD. Here are dump files Dump Files Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-laptop-hp-envy-dv7/3ed119fd-a4b3-4e71-be66-2f9704ca9e8f
  3. Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop ( HP Envy dv7 ) Windows 10 hat Problem?: Hello, everyone, I have a relatively old laptop. An HP Envy dv7 with Windows 10. In itself it works great but since the day before yesterday I have two problems, which strangely enough appeared at the same time. For one thing, the touchpad is spinning. You can use it...
  4. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  5. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem

HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez sound problem: Hello, my laptop HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez installed drivers for sound IDT Audio Driver. When my sound is on, nothing lights up, and it should turn white on the F 11 key, when i turn off the sound on key F 11 it lights up orange which is ok. How do I set it to light white on the...
  6. HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem

HP Pavilion dv7-6b50ez wifi problem: Driver is installed, my wifi is working , but when it is turn on lights up white on button F12 which is fine. When it is turn off it still glows white , but would be it should glow orange. How to fix it to glow orange when wifi is off? 153517
  7. need driver for my computer!! hp pavilion dv7 on board camera!!

need driver for my computer!! hp pavilion dv7 on board camera!!: no driver in device manager thanks to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-driver-for-my-computer-hp-pavilion-dv7-on/c164c946-38f0-4e61-9d31-a5260edc1a6b
  8. BSOD at HP Pavilion DV7 6101sd

BSOD at HP Pavilion DV7 6101sd: I have an HP Pavilion Dv7 6101 sd , i use windows 10 Home , i keep getting alot of BSODS ! 52439
  9. hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc display driver issue

hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc display driver issue: Hello , Ive installed a fresh copy of win 10 on this laptop , but the problem is that graphic driver installed by windows makes a delay when I run the laptop , after the win logo , it stuck for about 30 sec on a black screen , then enter the logon screen of the windows .....
  10. Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop: Hope I am in the right forum. My problem is as follows: My wife and I have same HP laptops. Her motherboard died. I have two hard drives in my computer. C drive had system on it and D drive had mostly mp3's. I took out the D drive and inserted my wife's HD thinking I might be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing graphic card on my pavilion dv7-4280us

2. dv7-4171us amd issues windows 10 compatibility

3. hp dv7-4171us 1080 video issues

4. dv7-4171 windows 10