Windows 10: HP Envy 120 fails to communicate

Discus and support HP Envy 120 fails to communicate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating Windows 7 to Windows 10, if I try to" scan to computer" I get a message on the printer touch screen " No Connection No computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oldboy, Sep 5, 2015.

1. oldboy Win User

HP Envy 120 fails to communicate

Since updating Windows 7 to Windows 10, if I try to" scan to computer" I get a message on the printer touch screen " No Connection No computer is connected" How can this be corrected?

:)

oldboy, Sep 5, 2015
  2. James099 Win User

Error message from RunDLL saying the specified module could not be found

Well I goofed.

Running Windows 10 on a Dell 23 desktop

I replaced my HP Envy 120 series printer with the HP Envy 140 series (which I made the default printer)
    and gave the 120 to my son. Sometime later I was browsing C drive and noticed in C:\Program Files\HP\ the folders for HP Envy 120 and HP Envy 140. Without thinking I deleted the folder for the HP Envy 120 rather than uninstalling it. As far as I can
    tell there has been no harm done except that when I boot the computer I get an error message from RunDLL saying the specified module could not be found.

I looked in the recycle bin but did not find the folder. (I must have permanently deleted it). I assume I could go on line with HP and download and reinstall the software so I could then uninstall it, but I am not sure that is a wise thing to do.

The DLL error message is mildly annoying and I’d like to get rid of it without having to jump through a lot of hoops. Any thoughts?

Original Title: I goofed; deleted an app rather than uninstalling it.

James099, Sep 5, 2015
  3. James099 Win User
    Error message from RunDLL saying the specified module could not be found

Joy, thanks for your prompt response. , I apologize for the delay in responding, but it was only in the last few days that I attempted to solve the problem. Note that I no longer have the printer in question.

Following your first recommendation I reinstalled the HP Envy 120 software and voila! The error message at startup disappeared. I then
    uninstalled the 120 software and -unhappily – the DLL error message reappeared at startup. BTW the exact message is “There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP ENVY 120 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll. The specified module could not
    be found.” So I then reinstalled the 120 software. Again the startup error message has gone away.

I have no problem leaving the 120 software on the C: drive; space is not an issue. So I consider this issue to be solved. Thanks for your help.

James099, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi and welcome to the forum! *Smile

Your HP Envy 120 is a combined scanner/printer, which is on the market since about 2012.
    - What driver are you using for that device?
    - Is the device properly recognized in Windows 10?
    - Does printing/scanning work (apart from by hitting that button)?
    - Is the software, which might come with it, still working correctly?
    I would see, if HP offers a newer version of that driver and if so install that one. Even if not, it might help to install the current driver again over what you currently have.

If that does not help, here are exactly four Google hits, where people had the same problem:
    "HP Envy 120" "No computer is connected" - Google Search
    Maybe one of these contains more hints...

Joergi, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

1. HP Envy 120 fails to communicate - Similar Threads - Envy 120 fails

2. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  3. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  4. HP ENVY 5660

HP ENVY 5660: HP ENVY 5660 will print but won't make copies running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-5660/b7e8cfeb-3c83-4799-9aa1-e64359dd54a6
  5. HP ENVY

HP ENVY: Camera app is not working error message not attached, ive never had a problem with it until today cannot find under device manager! Also my voice recorder app is not working, I can hear music just fine but when I try to record my voice nothing is going through. I have tried...
  6. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  7. Hp 360 envy

Hp 360 envy: Just hooked up an external monitor to my laptop. Can I fold the envy back on itself and still use keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-360-envy/1c2595ec-889f-4f6f-8a29-5745f8845b39
  8. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  9. HP Envy 4520 Offline

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy 4520 Offline: HP Envy 4520 Offline +1-844-802-7535. Getting Problem with your HP Printer it demonstrate disconnected issue. We are Here to help you any kind of investigating HP printer disconnected issue. Our Technical group 24*7 Ready to settle your HP Printer disconnected issues.
  10. Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17: Hi, ALL attempts to install up-to-date windows 10 on a Laptop HP ENVY-17 have failed! The original windows have been working till Version 1709 Build 16299.611. From then each time the updates were applied automatically after download it failed to restart properly and...