Windows 10: HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset

Discus and support HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP ENVY NotebooK 17-n062na running Windows 10. I have the System Information.nfo file. I couldn't attach it so I have a Google drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kitty ears 97, Jun 5, 2018.

1. HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset

Hi,

I have a HP ENVY NotebooK 17-n062na running Windows 10. I have the System Information.nfo file. I couldn't attach it so I have a Google drive link:

NFO File

The main issue is that when browsing the web with Chrome, the computer will slow down to a crawl despite only 2 to 3 browser tabs, especially if some of them are Youtube pages. It does not happen immediately when opening Chrome but over a 1-2 session, I can expect it to slow down and it remains slows unless I restart the computer.

I did a entire PC reset including wiping my personal files. It seemed ok for a few hours but still hanged. I may be mistaken but it is slower since I restored my backed-up files. The slow down was definitely present even before I had restored my personal files however.

I wish I could narrow down the main issue into something more precise rather than 'a slow computer' but I cannot pin anything down. I review the Task Manager when the slow down happens and nothing obviously worrying is apparent to me.

I do not have any specific anti-virus software on my laptop because I have just reset it. I expect that anyone who try to help me will need to take me through the diagnostic sieve to narrow down the vague problem so thank you for your patience.

:)

kitty ears 97, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Linney Win User
    Using windows 10 on an HP ENVY 17 notebook computer j092nr

What do you mean by "buttons on the top row "? Is this hardware buttons on a Monitor, or a visual display on a desktop screen with clickable buttons?

Is it similar to this problem from a Windows 8 machine?

Screen is dim, brightness control does not work.

Screen is dim, brightness control does not work.

Does your machine have any Slider for adjusting brightness? I know my Toshiba Laptop does in Windows 10 Power Settings.

HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset [​IMG]

Here are some links which you might find useful in preparing your machine to run Windows 10.

Software and driver results for: HP ENVY 17-j092nr Notebook PC

HP ENVY 17-j092nr Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Solution and Update Finder

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-17-Notebook-PC-series/5354973/model/5388087/solutions

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Can my computer run Windows 10? Run Device & App Compatibility Tool

Can my computer run Windows 10?

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

HP Support Forums

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Linney, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset

1. HP Envy 17 Windows 10 laptop continues to run slow despite full reset - Similar Threads - Envy laptop continues

2. Monitor continual disconnection from HP Envy 360 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor continual disconnection from HP Envy 360 laptop: I have a HP envy 360 laptop and a Samsung 34 inch Samsung monitor connected by USB-C cable. The monitor keeps disconnecting after a minute or so and the monitor indicates that it is searching for a signal. The HP laptop comes up with the with the words "HP recommends an...
  3. No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No power at all, on hp envy 17 touch: I have an hp envy 17" touch, bought in 2017. I also have a much older beat up hp laptop, that I needed files from. I turned it on. It fired right up, but wouldn't respond to anythingtouchpad, keys, etc., no matter how long I waited, or several restarts. I needed the files,...
  4. hp envy laptop

hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  5. Trying to reset my HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to reset my HP Envy Laptop: I tried to reset my laptop but an error message indicated that there was a problem with no reason given, and that the Reset could not take place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reset-my-hp-envy-laptop/e4d6ee69-92b7-4342-905e-4aeacf3555d8
  6. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem: I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time [ATTACH]...
  7. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  8. No audio with SiriusXM from my HP Envy 17"-Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio with SiriusXM from my HP Envy 17"-Windows 10: With either the SiriusXM app or via my Firefox browser, SiriusXM just doesn't work, doesn't play anything. No audio. The Amazon Music app works fine. With my Galaxy S8 cell phone, the SiriusXM app works just fine....
  9. HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues: I recently re-installed this laptop with a fresh copy of Windows 10, and ever since, it is having sleep issues. (It worked fine prior) Right after boot up, it will go to sleep fine (power light starts flashing on/off, and I can wake with keyboard and trackpad) However after...
  10. Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates failing on HP ENVY-17: Hi, ALL attempts to install up-to-date windows 10 on a Laptop HP ENVY-17 have failed! The original windows have been working till Version 1709 Build 16299.611. From then each time the updates were applied automatically after download it failed to restart properly and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy 17 slow

2. dell laptop slow windows 10 despite reset

3. new hp laptop slow windows 10