Windows 10: HP Envy 5540 unable to print

Discus and support HP Envy 5540 unable to print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Envy 5540 unable to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaricaEvans, Aug 27, 2018.

1. HP Envy 5540 unable to print

HP Envy 5540 unable to print

:)

MaricaEvans, Aug 27, 2018

2. Problem with HP ENVY 5540

My HP ENVY 5540 will not print color documents from my computer. It will print a scanned document in color, but not one that is sent to it via my laptop. I am running Windows 10. When I first purchased it 2 years ago it worked fine but will not do so
    at this time. I checked settings and it appears that the settings are correct. Suggestions?

barnhartlofts, Aug 27, 2018
  3. hp printer envy 5540

Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that and it made no difference .I have now managed to get printing by downloading and installing HP eprint. but the action centre still states printer driver unavailable . I am not able to scan with the envy
    5540 so I may go and buy a new printer. problems I could do without.

Thanks James Simpson

JamesSimpsonXP, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Mike R47 Win User

hp printer envy 5540

What I finally ended up doing was installing an older, non 5540 driver. One from another HP printer. I forget which model but it works. Software never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike R47, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Envy 5540 unable to print - Similar Threads - Envy 5540 unable

2. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  3. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  4. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hp envy 5540 not printing in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp envy 5540 not printing in color: My HP Envy 5540 has stopped printing in color. I have removed and re-installed the printer, but still can't print in color from my Windows 10 laptop. Incidentally, I can still print in color from my iPad. Any suggestions?...
  6. hp envy 5540 not printing in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp envy 5540 not printing in color: My HP Envy 5540 has stopped printing in color. I have removed and re-installed the printer, but still can't print in color from my Windows 10 laptop. Incidentally, I can still print in color from my iPad. Any suggestions?...
  7. hp envy 5540 not printing in color

8. HP Envy 5540 not printing in colour

HP Envy 5540 not printing in colour: Microsoft IPP Class Driver. - sounds like this will resolve if i install this - where do get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-5540-not-printing-in-colour/919b2bf1-1f5e-477c-85b7-d75c3bf0228f
  9. HP Envy 5540 printer

HP Envy 5540 printer: I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine. However when I try to print anything else the...
  10. HP Envy 5540 wont print color

HP Envy 5540 wont print color: I have an HP Envy 5540 All In One and it has stopped printing color. I have tried remove and add the device. It will print one item in color and reverts back to B/W. I did the power cycle. No fix I downloaded newest install package and drivers. Reinstalled the...