Windows 10: Hp Envy x360 M6 no keyboard or mouse after Creators update

Discus and support Hp Envy x360 M6 no keyboard or mouse after Creators update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy x360 m6 laptop. Was working fine, did the creators update and now keyboard and touchpad don't work. External USB kb/m work fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fxguy3369, May 12, 2017.

1. fxguy3369 Win User

Hp Envy x360 M6 no keyboard or mouse after Creators update

I have an HP Envy x360 m6 laptop. Was working fine, did the creators update and now keyboard and touchpad don't work. External USB kb/m work fine. Things I have tried:
    System restore - doesnt see any point
    Restore to previous version - doesnt work
    Un-install/re-install / update drivers
    Turn off "Fast Startup"
    WSUS offline installed all available Windows updates
    Unchecked "Allow this device to turn PC on" in device manager power mgmt options for both devices.

It is a friend's laptop and backup/reload is not really an option as he has his student licenses of some software on there and we already contacted those companies and get the impression they will NOT re-activate it for him as his class is over.

:)

fxguy3369, May 12, 2017

2. HP Envy X360 Screen Flashing Issue

Having the same very issue with a HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible

OlivierBivegete, May 12, 2017
  3. Crik3591 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary update error code 0x80004005

The computer that I have is an HP ENVY x360 m6 convertible. It is about 5 months old.

Crik3591, May 12, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

jl2509, May 12, 2017
  5. fxguy3369 Win User
    fxguy3369, May 12, 2017
  6. jl2509 Win User
    Hi there,

Does the keyboard and touchpad work in a dos environment?
    Try booting into safe mode and see if it works there !

Could also check in bios to make sure they are not disabled

First though, and to be sure, check you are not in entertainment or tablet mode, the keyboard and touchpad are disabled in these modes.

HTH

jl2509, May 13, 2017
  7. fxguy3369 Win User
    Keyboard and mouse both work in BIOS, and boot-able discs like Linux or WinPE so it's not hardware. Tablet mode and battery saving mode are both off.

fxguy3369, May 14, 2017
  8. jl2509 Win User

ok wow,

runnig out of ideas...

Download the latest drivers from the hp website
    • Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1607) 19.3.11.37 Rev.C
    Boot into safe mode, uninstall all drivers relating to touch pad and keyboard (if any)
    reboot
    install the lastest drivers downloaded earlier.

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Confirm that your computer is: HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
    What is the version and build of the operating system?
    Is it x64 or x32?
    Open administrative command prompt and run: sfc /scannow and post the results.

10 Ways to Open the Command Prompt in Windows 10

Update the UEFI diagnostics and run them overnight in extensive mode. This will rule in/out any hardware problems:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Do you have the latest bios:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

For this driver which one are you using:

1) HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

2) HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

When you reinstalled drivers did you manually install them from the HP web site or did you use the HP support assistant?

Please click on file explorer then click on swsetup then copy and paste into the thread.

zbook, May 14, 2017
  10. fxguy3369 Win User
    Model confirmed: HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx
    Updated to newest BIOS.
    Confirmed it is not hardware as keyboard and touchpad both work in boot-able OS'
    Currently touchpad is working, but keyboard is not.
    I have only re-installed drivers manually, not through HP support assistant

fxguy3369, May 14, 2017
  11. fxguy3369 Win User
    Well I broke down and formatted / re-loaded the laptop. Keyboard worked all the way through the setup up until I was actually in Windows. Now it does not work again. Downloaded and installed ALL the newest drivers from HP website. No luck.

fxguy3369, May 16, 2017
  12. fxguy3369 Win User
    So I just did another wipe and re-load but didn't connect to a wifi network during setup. Keyboard and mouse work in Windows, BUT within minutes of connecting to wifi it starts pulling in drivers and kicks the keyboard. So it must have to do with that!

fxguy3369, May 17, 2017
  13. jl2509 Win User

jl2509, May 17, 2017
  14. ToniN Win User
    Is there any news on this issue? My wife's laptop has the same problem. Builtin keyboard and touchpad stopped working sometime during the last few months, and she has been using it with an USB keyboard and mouse. Of course, now she has to go on a long business trip and we haven't been able to fix this problem.

The builtin keyboard+mouse work as long as we're in the BIOS menu or the HP Diagnostic tool. I have tried to reinstall both the newest and some older versions of all the chipset drivers available on the hp support site, and also the ELAN Touchpad driver. (For the keyboard I don't see any special driver available; windows installs the standard PS/2 keyboard driver).

Sensors work, the device display rotates when I turn it around.
    The laptop is not in the Windows Tablet Mode and all boxes in Ease of Access are unchecked.

The model number is hp Pavilion x360 13-u102ng, Windows 10 Home.

And yes, all latest updates from Windows Update and HP Support Assistant are installed, including BIOS and firmware updates.

For some silly reason there were no restore points created so cannot try that. (I have now enabled that so in the future it will help.)

ToniN, Jul 7, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jul 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Hp Envy x360 M6 no keyboard or mouse after Creators update - Similar Threads - Envy x360 keyboard

2. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  3. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  4. Touchscreen HP ENVY x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen HP ENVY x360: Hi. I have problems with the touch screen laptop HP ENVY X 360 M6-W105DX does not work the touch screen driver. Operating system Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version of F.37, the new Windows 10 Home 2004 has been loaded, all Windows Update...
  5. hp envy x360 touchscreen and update issues

hp envy x360 touchscreen and update issues: hp laptop running windows 10 ive been using the touchscreen intermittently since ive got it, i noticed about a week ago when i tried to double tap the screen to make a video full size that is wasnt working, since then ive updated the drivers in BIOS and gone through...
  6. Clean Install HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install HP Envy x360: I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy. I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive. Tried to run but multiple attempts it hund at "14% … checking for updates". Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that...
  7. Micro Freezing on HP Envy M6 after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Freezing on HP Envy M6 after windows 10 install: I've been having Micro Freezing issues and blue screen stability issues since doing a fresh install of Windows 10 64bit on my hp Envy m6. I just can't seem to stop the micro Freezing. What ive done so far: Tried the old drivers Use driver booster to install the new...
  8. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  9. keyboard on my laptop will not type anything it is a HP ENVY TOUCHSMART M6 SLEEKBOOK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard on my laptop will not type anything it is a HP ENVY TOUCHSMART M6 SLEEKBOOK: CAN THIS BE FIXED OR DO I NEED A NEW COMPUTER? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU GARY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-my-laptop-will-not-type-anything-it-is/7362847d-545d-416d-adf5-732fade6198e
  10. HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy x360: My desktop went down so I connected my monitor to the laptop, but every time I try to turn the screen around to the back the keyboard does not work. Any suggestions on how to keep keyboard from shutting down? I've already set it up to only show on the large monitor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP PC laptop Synaptics touchpad PS/2 offline download