Windows 10: HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver

Discus and support HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there For those running Windows (retail ) or a Windows server version on one of these excellent little Cube boxes you can ignore the base system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver

Hi there

For those running Windows (retail ) or a Windows server version on one of these excellent little Cube boxes you can ignore the base system device driver when you look at the system devices list -- doesn't effect the working at all.

I know some people use these as NAS boxes - or even as a great desktop (although for use as a desktop you really need to add a decent video card - note I/2 height with small form factor bracket needed.).

Anyway here's what to do if you want to fix the problem (I don't like missing drivers even if I'm not using them !!).

What it is : It's the built in controller for HP's ILO stuff - remote console control on setup / boot -- not needed for Home / domestic stuff or if you set up with a console attached.

Anyway download these two drivers from the HP site - can't directly access the link currently but it's OK and the missing drivers are now installed (screenshot 3).

Ist screenshot shows missing driver

2nd screenshot - what to download from HP -- for W10 choose W2012 server R2 as your OS when you get to the site -- the drivers work for W10 X64.

3rd screenshot shows all fixed

HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 28, 2016
  2. jmbvink Win User

Windows 10 - Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet no longer working

It is a BIOS problem, update link:

BIOS for HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N54L - msdonkey

I do it on my proliant microserver and problem resolved

jmbvink, Jan 28, 2016
  3. ctny Win User
    Windows 10 remote desktop immediately disconnects

I have a Win10 HP Micro Proliant box acting as the home server and a Win10 laptop for work.

When I remote desktop into the server, I can work fine for a short period, then I get a popup saying remote desktop has ended because another user has connected to the box. Of course, that's not true, since I am the only user at home.

This short period can last 1 or 2 seconds to a minute or so. When I am in, I can use the remote box normally. Retrying multiple times still give the same result.

The strange thing is my parents also have a Win10 HP Micro Proliant box as the server with a Win8 desktop. Remoting from Win8 to Win10 shows the same problem. Of course, before I upgraded all the boxes to Win10, there was no issue whatsoever.

I am puzzled as to what the cause can be. Can someone help?

Thema:

HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver

1. HP Gen 8 proliant Micro server - Base System device driver - Similar Threads - Gen proliant Micro

2. base system device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    base system device driver: i have a new pc with asrock motherboard and i have base sysyem device in device manager cant find drivers code 28 tryed to update it and windows cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device-driver/ea13729e-ad9d-4cc8-a38d-f711c9924fee
  3. base system device driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    base system device driver: i have a new pc with asrock motherboard and i have base sysyem device in device manager cant find drivers code 28 tryed to update it and windows cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device-driver/ea13729e-ad9d-4cc8-a38d-f711c9924fee
  4. base system device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "base system device" missing driver

"base system device" missing driver: just bought an msi mag torpedo b460 and an i3 10100. after installing i make sure i have all the drivers. the only missing one is under "other devices" and is called the "base system device." i dont know how to identify what driver i need from the hardware id and not sure...
  6. Base System Device drivers

Base System Device drivers: HI I have a question,after i reinstallwindows 10 is missing Base System Device,i have a laptop HP Pavilion dv6929nr Entertainment Notebook PC,is older laptop ,about 10years old,HP no longer give me drivers update,is any way how to download this drivers?please can you help...
  7. Base System Device Drivers Missing

Base System Device Drivers Missing: After doing a clean install of 1903 on an aging Inspiron 1720 laptop (which went very well, BTW), I seem to have only one small problem. Although he computer seems to running well, there are 3 yellow exclamation marks below Base System Devices in Device Manager. The hardware...
  8. base system device driver not installed

base system device driver not installed: HP computer in device manager says driver not installed. Base system device driver not installed. Anyone know how to fix this? For Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device-driver-not-installed/5cbca7d1-34c2-4c8b-a162-3ecfb4f9f212
  9. HPE GEN 10 proliant Microserver enable Audio

HPE GEN 10 proliant Microserver enable Audio: Hi folks people using this server and want up to date audio and graphics (enable audio in BIOS first in setup) can get W10 drivers from http://www.hpe.com/downloads/microservergen10 This Microserver unlike the gen 8 uses an AMD CPU with actually a very decent graphics...
  10. HP proliant Gen 10 Microserver replacing my Gen 8

HP proliant Gen 10 Microserver replacing my Gen 8: Hi folks I've just upgraded one of my 2 aging HP Gen 8 Microservers with the Gen 10 model -- I love the small cube micro size of these servers. The new Gen 10 has a significantly more powerful processor, more RAM can be allocated up to 32 GB (the Gen 8 had a Max of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp microserver gen8 windows 10 base system device

2. hp microserver gen8 base system device

3. is windows server 2019 supported by hp microserver gen 8

4. hp proliant microserver gen 8 base sysetem device driver,
  5. hp gen8 microserver base system drivers,
  6. proliant base driver missing server 2019,
  7. hp proliant gen8 microserver base system devise