Windows 10: HP Laptop battery ?

Discus and support HP Laptop battery ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 24c, Aug 30, 2017.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual.
    I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store.

I use this more as desktop than a laptop and am trying to find out if leaving it plugged in all the time will ruin the battery. Googling the situation gave me both "yes" and "no" answers - God Bless Google - *Smile

I had an older HP laptop, with a battery that snapped in/out and was told not to leave the battery in if it was plugged in all the time - I didn't and all is well

I have a Surface Pro 3 - which has been plugged in since I got it over 2 years ago - all is well with this too.

Now I'm back to the HP ENVY - anybody know if leaving it plugged in will screw up the battery?

:)

2. 1% Available Battery "plugged in, NOT charging" W10 .

i have a problem with battery charging ,

1% Available Battery ( plugged in, NOT charging ) , system operating on W10 home single language ,laptop is "HP Notebook" and i checked the battery status on HP Support Assistant it indicate to the battery status is "OK" , i need a solution to this issue
    ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ahmedhassanien, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Battery stops charging after Anniversary Update

Hi

I'm using a HP pavilion G6 Notebook running on Windows 10 (10.0.14393 Build 14393.)

Immediately after my laptop underwent the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the battery stopped charging - giving a "21%, Plugged in, Not Charging" message. The laptop switches off if I unplug the mains.

I tried reinstalling the battery chargers, to no avail. The same battery works fine in a friend's HP laptop.

I know there's a similar problem on for the Surface Pro. Will you guys be releasing a fix for this?

Thanks!

RohanShirodkar, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

I like to keep the battery icon in the Notification Area showing next to the clock, easy to check the charging. My Notebooks don't seem to have a problem, have 3 running now that have been plugged in for several days with the battery in them. More and more of the thinner Notebooks are coming without a convenient way to remove the battery, my MacBook Pro requires the whole back/bottom be removed to do anything inside including the battery which has never had to be replaced.

Berton, Aug 30, 2017
  5. 24C
    24c Win User
    Thanks Berton - the ENVY requires the back to be removed to get to the battery - I'm thinking they don't want us messing with their products.

6. Berton Win User
    I got that feeling from Apple not long after I got the MacBook with 4GB RAM, did my own upgrade to 8GB but did have to take the back off to do it. I think Apple wanted me to take it back to the store to have them do it.

Berton, Aug 30, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Batteries loose capacity over the years whether they are used or not. Mine has lost about 8% per year over the last 3½ yr currently about 70% of the original capacity. It's rarely used.
    It can only be removed by taking the back off the Laptop, so not something to be done until replacement time.
    So, a simple answer is they don't have to be removed.

Helmut, Aug 30, 2017
  8. 24C
    24c Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

I did take the back off and replace the 1TB spinner HD, that was slower than molasses, with an SSD. This was the 2nd drive, not the main one with the OS. I am less worried about taking it a part now. Think I'll use it the way I want to and see what happens.
    Thanks for the replies.

Thema:

HP Laptop battery ?

1. HP Laptop battery ? - Similar Threads - Laptop battery

2. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  3. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  4. Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop: Hi everyone, I've been getting regular BSOD with different errors the last of which was "irql_not_less_or_equal" I've tried resetting the chipset driver to whats on the Asus Website, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling everything. I've tried checking for updates...
  5. Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop

Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop: Hi everyone, I've been getting regular BSOD with different errors the last of which was "irql_not_less_or_equal" I've tried resetting the chipset driver to whats on the Asus Website, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling everything. I've tried checking for updates...
  6. My laptop battery icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery icon is missing: I can't see the battery icon. It's plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-icon-is-missing/1bd74597-1145-4881-9ffe-98b0a87e233d
  7. My laptop battery icon is missing

My laptop battery icon is missing: I can't see the battery icon. It's plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-icon-is-missing/1bd74597-1145-4881-9ffe-98b0a87e233d
  8. After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron laptop, My latop is asking for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron laptop, My latop is asking for a...: After the Battery replacement of my Dell Inspiron 7570 laptop, My laptop is asking for a BitLocker Recovery Key whenever attempting to start the laptop.Could you please help with the same ? I have never enabled bitLocker in my laptop and hence I do not have the recovery key...
  9. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...
  10. Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%

Laptop charged past battery limit of 80%: Hello, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and I have the battery limit option, which keeps the battery at 80%, and it's been fine for a few months now. However, I was checking my laptop right now, and I saw it was at 81%; how is that possible? And is this a problem or...