Windows 10: HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

Discus and support HP Laptop Black Screen on boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion 17-e019dx laptop running Windows 10 64 bit.... that all of a sudden will not boot. On start up, it just displays a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shagadelic45, Aug 20, 2018.

1. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

I have a HP Pavilion 17-e019dx laptop running Windows 10 64 bit.... that all of a sudden will not boot. On start up, it just displays a black screen. There are no beeps or words, nor can I hit F8 or ESC or any other keys to get into the bios/utilities/safe mode.

I have unplugged and taken out the battery and held down the power button to do a hard reset, replaced all the memory and replaced the hard drive.........but nothing changes.

It starts to only a blank screen.

Any ideas, solutions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

shagadelic45, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    HP Laptop occasional Black Screen

Hello Tom,

Just need couple of information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your Laptop?
    • When you face black screen issue do you see any error message/code?
    • Do you see multiple Display drivers in Device manager?

Ideally there should be only one display drivers listed in device manager, If two drivers are seen possibly you could have installed two drivers or automatic updates should have installed the display drivers.

Sometimes Drivers are updated, however they may not be able get synched to the server to download the drivers. If you are not sure if the drivers are up to date you can go to manufacturer website and check for the release date and version.

When you update the troubleshooter it checks for the version and if any latest version it will update the drivers.

If you are unsure genuine drivers are installed on your Laptop, You can uninstall the drivers and download the drivers from manufacturer website and install them on your computer.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Refer the below steps to uninstall the drivers.

Uninstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Display Adapter and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.

Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website and then download the latest network driver. Once you have successfully downloaded the driver you can install the driver.

Drivers and updates for HP Laptop.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Get back to us if you need further information on your query we will be happy to help you.

Darshan J, Aug 20, 2018
  4. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

1. HP Laptop Black Screen on boot - Similar Threads - Laptop Black Screen

2. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  3. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  4. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  6. HP laptop black screen

HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  7. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  8. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  9. Black screen on my Laptop HP

10. hp Laptop Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp Laptop Screen Goes Black: I was trying to input a new Windows PIN I had forgotten my PIN after months of not using the laptop and as I was thinking of a new and clever PIN my hp Laptop gave me that little doorbell ring to indicate it was doing something and it did......................the screen went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop coming apart