Windows 10: HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

Discus and support HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi yall, I have a HP 15-f111dx laptop with a built in touch screen and I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and when I did I had disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnDoeIII, Jul 25, 2015.

1. HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

Hi yall,

I have a HP 15-f111dx laptop with a built in touch screen and I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and when I did I had disabled the touch screen in Windows 7 settings but now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 I would like to reenable it, but so far I have not been able to.

I've tried going into the pen and touch settings in control panel but I don't see an option there to enable the touch screen. I've also went into device manager which does detect I have a touch screen and uninstalling the driver and restarting my laptop.

If anyone has any ideas to make this work, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    JDIII

:)

JohnDoeIII, Jul 25, 2015
  2. NickDeRoy Win User

Windows 10 Touch screen unresponsive

I purchased a HP laptop two days ago preloaded with Windows 10. At first, the touch screen worked and now it just does not respond period. I have not changed any settings, apps, etc. Is there any sort of way to disable the touch screen unintentionally?
    How do I get touch screen ability back?

NickDeRoy, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Lost touchscreen function after upgrade

After upgrading our HP laptop with windows 8.1 to windows 10 our touch screen is not working. Touch pads works fine. Any suggestions?

C.D.

Patricia Reavis, Jul 25, 2015
  4. HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

Is the Human Interface Device > HID-compliant Touch Screen (or similar named item) enabled in DevMgr.

Also look at the dependency tab for the monitor and HID device - see if all related items are enabled.

Slartybart, Jul 25, 2015
  5. Everything seems to be enabled. I have also tried opening Tablet PC Settings in Control Panel and on the details row it tells me I have "Full Windows Touch Support" but when I try to calibrate the monitor, it does nothing when I touch the cross hairs like it says to do.

Should I try deleting my graphics driver and reinstalling?

JohnDoeIII, Jul 25, 2015
  6. Fixed. For some odd reason it just wasn't working in the User Account I was using. I switched user accounts and it started working, so I just created a new user account as my primary and deleted the other one.

JohnDoeIII, Jul 26, 2015
  7. That's great news John.

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2015
  8. HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

I know right, lol. Thank you for your help Slartybart. It was greatly appreciated.

JohnDoeIII, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

1. HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work - Similar Threads - laptop cannot touch

2. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  3. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  4. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  5. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  6. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  7. Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020

Touch screen not working anymore on HP envy HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba0xx 2020: I have an HP Envy laptop HP ENVY Laptop 13-ba 2020 - the touch screen has stopped working.The system info shows no touchscreen. Word is also not detecting pen input.No pen or touch input is available for this display. The HID - Touch screen is not showing even when showing...
  8. Touch screen on HP laptop not working [15-bs060wm]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen on HP laptop not working [15-bs060wm]: Hi everyone, I have a HP laptop model 15-bs060wm that comes with atouch screen. After a while, it stopped working and does not respond to touch. I checked in Device Manager and the HID complaint touch screen driver does not appear. I enabled "show hidden devices" and then...
  9. HP touch screen has stopped working

HP touch screen has stopped working: after a couple of unwanted Windows 10 updates, my BRAND NEW computer has stopped working properly. Windows 10 is garbage, apparently. Bill Gates, where are you? And stop loading your stupid games onto my computer, I don't want them. Please advise to fix, and not the same...
  10. HP touch screen issues

HP touch screen issues: My touch screen stopped working and the (HID touch screen) is no longer in the device manager. I have tried to update and trouble shoot with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-touch-screen-issues/623a450a-5186-4a17-9fa0-74161c6f8677