Windows 10: HP laptop now will not connect to wifi.

Discus and support HP laptop now will not connect to wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have another computer that connects easily to the wifi. I do not know how to troubleshoot the problem. Please advise. 73851 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by txstoby, Jan 1, 2017.

1. txstoby Win User

HP laptop now will not connect to wifi.

I have another computer that connects easily to the wifi. I do not know how to troubleshoot the problem. Please advise.

:)

txstoby, Jan 1, 2017

2. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: hp laptop model 15-r074TU- wifi connection problem

i cant able to connect to wifi even after updating all adapters,presently using hp laptop model 15-r074TU

GaneshRaj G S, Jan 1, 2017
  3. my HP computer will not connect to wifi

and if it is a USB router stick, then that is probably why.

seahawks65, Jan 1, 2017
  4. HP laptop now will not connect to wifi.

If you have already checked these items please ignore my post.

First check that your wireless is actual on. Some older laptops had a switch on the case and you could slide it off quite easily.

More modern laptops usually control in the "F" keys along top. It accidentally gets pressed.

Check that airplane mode is not on. Click on your notification tab, when the action center opens look for the airplane.

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I had a similar problem a week ago on a Dell Notebook. I updated my antivirus and did a full/deep scan. Then I updated my antimalware and did the same, still no result. Then I ran CCleaner to clean up followed by its Registry cleaner, rebooted and Wi-Fi then worked. Apparently there was an errant entry in the Registry that was a problem.

Berton, Jan 1, 2017
  6. Berton what antimalware/antivirus do you use? Mine is hitman pro and it seems to be working great, however I don't know if mine goes as far as checking the registry like yours.

TipsyGypsy, Jan 1, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I use the free AVG on some computers and Windows Defender on others along with Malwarebytes.

Berton, Jan 1, 2017
  8. txstoby Win User

This computer no longer sees the hotspot from my ihphone. In addition, I tried to run a ccleaner scan but I got a notice that this version was incompatible with Windows 10 although I had used it many times with Windows 10 on this computer.

txstoby, Jan 1, 2017
  9. Is your hotspot and open hotspot? Do you see any wireless networks?

Do you see the symbol in your systray. If you right click and click on Open Network and Sharing is it giving you info?

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2017
  10. txstoby Win User
    In the tray I click the network icon and the computer sees many networks, just not my iphone which I have the wifi on and the personal hotspot checked. It does this periodically.

txstoby, Jan 1, 2017
  11. Okay, that is a slightly different problem than laptop won't connect to wireless.

What happens if you turn on Airplane mode, say for twenty seconds, and the shut it off. Does it see iPhone?

Not being able to see iPhone hotspot is a very old issue going back years. One fix was to shut off iphone Hotspot and then turn it on.

My turning on Airplane mode I'm hoping something refreshes in Windows.

Both Windows and your iphone have network reset options which puts everything back to square one.

Post back on results on engaging and disengaging Airplane mode.

Addition:
    It might be worth mentioning which iPhone you have?
    What ios are you using?
    What make, model is your wireless adapter and what radios does it support (Intel 7260, Atheros, G, N, A, AC radios)

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2017
  12. txstoby Win User
    The ISP did something, he did not tell me what and now I can connect. It was strange because my other computer could connect. Thanks for your quick responses.

txstoby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HP laptop now will not connect to wifi. - Similar Threads - laptop connect wifi

2. Hp laptop no wifi connection improperly installed driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp laptop no wifi connection improperly installed driver: I have an HP Laltop3PS08S4J 6.5mm micro edge bezel design 10th gen. 15.6 wled HD intel core processor i3-1005G1cpu 120 Ghz 1.19Ghz running windows 10 home edition and can't get the wifi to appear on the Taskbar it just shows airplane mode which does nothing when I click it....
  3. Hp laptop no wifi connection improperly installed driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop no wifi connection improperly installed driver: I have an HP Laltop3PS08S4J 6.5mm micro edge bezel design 10th gen. 15.6 wled HD intel core processor i3-1005G1cpu 120 Ghz 1.19Ghz running windows 10 home edition and can't get the wifi to appear on the Taskbar it just shows airplane mode which does nothing when I click it....
  4. Hp laptop no wifi connection improperly installed driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections: My HP laptop won’t show any wifi connections when I click on the no wifi logo. The only two options on there are the airplane mode toggle which won’t work currently and the link to network settings. I’ve tried using the link and trouble shooting but it is yet to fix my...
  6. [HP Notebook Laptop] Can't Connect to Any Wifi Networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HP Notebook Laptop] Can't Connect to Any Wifi Networks: [HP NOTEBOOK] NETWORK WIFI CONNECTIONS NOT WORKING Recently updated on the 20th of October, but on the evening of the 22nd, my wireless connections have been acting funny. For one, every available network listed shows only one bar on the its signal icon. Then when I try to...
  7. HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.: I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the house has no problem detecting or connecting to either. It has no problem with the main router connection, it connects there...
  8. Hp Printer Connect Wifi

Hp Printer Connect Wifi: Hp printer connect wifi becomes a straight forward task with hp software tools. Hp offers you the innovative quality of printers due to the task of hp wireless printer setup hassle-free. Maybe, your operating system not up to date or facing some network issues that become the...
  9. HP Laptop not operating now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop not operating now: Hi all, hope some one can help ? We have a older HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. It is a slow computer, any thing we want to do on it takes ages, that is why we will be updating once our lockdown is over. In the meantime I did a system restore recently and that was...
  10. Connection Wifi Laptop HP

Connection Wifi Laptop HP: Hi friends, I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi network, the network is connecting. The problem is that suddenly it hangs and I'm out of connection. I reconnect it and after a while it disconnects again. what I do?...