Windows 10: HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss

Discus and support HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guy, The problem I have is that my laptop will sometimes connect to the router and sometimes it completely forgets the network and says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andddyyyy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Andddyyyy Win User

HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss

Hi guy,

The problem I have is that my laptop will sometimes connect to the router and sometimes it completely forgets the network and says that the password is wrong. I never have any other problems with other devices in the house, only the laptop. I've checked through all of the settings on my virgin media router and i can't find any reason for it happening. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys *Smile

:)

Andddyyyy, Oct 4, 2015
  2. noknok63 Win User

Internet connection (non-Wi-Fi) is very hit-and-miss on my Nokia E63

Hello, this is my first post on the Nokia website and I hope someone can please help.

I bought a Nokia E63 yesterday and am using it with the Virgin network. I have had internet settings sent to me by Virgin, and I also use the auto-sync for emails. The emails are fine... but I am having such difficulty browsing the web. Sometimes it says
    "timeout", other times it says "no entry to gateway" and other times it is so fast it's brilliant. By the way, I am looking at websites like Sky News, BBC, etc., so they are not obscure or anything. But the hit-and-miss nature of connectivity is puzzling.
    I bought the Nokia E63 as I have to keep up to date with websites while I am travelling for business, so it's one of the main reasons for having purchased it. I haven't even got around to the Wi-Fi connectivity yet, am purely using "connect via Virgin Enhanced"
    and "connect via Virgin GPRS", both of which are hit-and-miss. Is there any way I can change the timeout settings on the phone, or is this a problem with Virgin network settings? I hope I have provided enough details in order to receive some advice from someone
    on the Forum.

Thanks for reading,

noknok63, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Internet connection (non-Wi-Fi) is very hit-and-miss on my Nokia E63

i had this problem really bad with my new e63..im on sky..and neither nokia or sky could resolve the issue.

My wifi connection worked at uni and my cuosins..but not at home..so i dont know what was going on.. so just today i randomly decided to compre the router settings rather than the phone settings.. turned out uni had an open network, my cousins had a wep
    and i had a wpa-psk security type.

i changed this to wep and it started working fine! finally..im so happy..i thaught id post this..coz i know it was a HUGE let down..

so yh..myt not be your exact issue..but i used to be able to get to a site as soon as i connected..then about 2 seconds in - still connected but all i got was no gateway reply errors

jawad1---01, Oct 4, 2015
  4. HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss

*sigh* this keeps happening to me as well, as of yesterday when I got a brand new Cisco modem from my internet service provider. Neither my older laptop (a big chunky Asus, which is also running Windows 10) nor my mobile phone (Android) are experiencing this irritating loss of wiFi connectivity. Other forums dated as long ago as 2012 talk about this being an arbitrarily built-in power-saving feature which disconnects from wiFi networks after some [as of yet undefined] period of inactivity. Yesterday when my new Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 first began falling off of my wiFi network, I followed the advice on those other forums, which entailed switching to "maximum performance" for both battery and when on AC power (these are under Edit power plan -> Change advanced settings -> Wireless adapter settings -> Power saving mode).

There was also advice to go into Control panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change adapter settings (second menu option in a list of 3, on the left side of the screen) -> right click Wifi (which is the third of 3, rightmost of options on my screen) -> Properties -> Configure -> Power Management tab -> untick the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Oddly enough - and infuriatingly so - this actually worked for the first 18 hours or so. But then this morning, even whilst using my laptop (so it was not idle!) the wiFi connection dropped again.

I'm now concerned that it may not even be entirely Windows 10's fault, because my old Asus laptop which runs Windows 10 does not have this issue - leading me to fear that it is something inherent in Samsung's design which cannot handle maintaining wiFi connectivity when running Windows 10=(

elysium0820, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss

1. HP laptop Patchy wi-fi connection - hit or miss - Similar Threads - laptop Patchy connection

2. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  3. Wi Fi is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi Fi is missing: I don't see the option to log into my WI Fi. Not sure what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-is-missing/fbc82ab7-43d5-4815-a193-d614ddcff831
  4. Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections

Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections: Today I opened the computer ASUS ExpertBook to put on a movie. Initially, the internet connection was weak in the lower right corner, there were only 2 lines, for wifi. I decided to stop certain applications that were running, such as utorrents, team viewer, express vpn....
  5. Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icon to manage Wi-Fi connections: Today I opened the computer ASUS ExpertBook to put on a movie. Initially, the internet connection was weak in the lower right corner, there were only 2 lines, for wifi. I decided to stop certain applications that were running, such as utorrents, team viewer, express vpn....
  6. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  7. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  8. Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not connecting/detecting Wi-Fi.: My laptop was connected to my Wi-Fi. I'll call it X. I was watching YouTube when my Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected. I got the globe that says it's disconnected. So I tried to connect back to it, and it said it couldn't connect. Strangely enough, my phone was connected to Wi-Fi...
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...