Windows 10: hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; An ideas on this issue, it is so hot to touch I now have to run cooling pad under the laptop, the fans just dont stop spinning it is so noisy now 24177 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jenleonard, Sep 26, 2015.

1. hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade

An ideas on this issue, it is so hot to touch I now have to run cooling pad under the laptop, the fans just dont stop spinning it is so noisy now

:)

jenleonard, Sep 26, 2015

2. My Brand New Laptop is running hot on windows 10

I have an HP 8570w and after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 pro my machine is running extremely hot. I never had this problem before. The laptop is so hot I have to use it on a table and keep it elevated to let the heat out.

drothstein_897, Sep 26, 2015
  3. problem after uprading from window 8.1 to wimdow 10

I recently upgrade my hp pavilion laptop to window 10 which was 8.1.after updating its showimg AMD quick stream could not found the licence information to run this programme.and my wifi hot spot is also not working in window 10

Ashutoshgiri, Sep 26, 2015
  4. hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade

Cant say it is windows 10 causing it as 10 is lighter than 7,8,8.1 I have looked and on my laptop I have more free space and lower CPU than I did with 8.1

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2015
  5. You should make sure the BIOS is updated, and the DRIVERS are updated. Windows doesn't do the first, and is terrible at doing the second.

These are the things that control your computer workload, unless you have a lot of things running at the same time (which you control by running them or letting them auto-start with Windows).

See this to cut some of that away: Optimize Performance of Windows 8 (Works w/ 10)

Questions on how to do the first part? I can help!

DustSailor, Sep 26, 2015
  6. saved that link thanks
    But the issue was not happening before the windows 10 upgrade,
    by the way this site is great, already fixed network issue with help from here.

jenleonard, Sep 26, 2015
  7. Maybe it is the laptop ?

I bought this one (HP) a month ago and it runs quite often likes yours does.

However, it has also been around 90-100F the last month as well.

Maybe it will get better when the temps drop.

RaymondWindoz10, Sep 26, 2015
  8. dogpark Win User

hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade

What does Task Manager / Resource Monitor say is keeping your PC so busy.

dogpark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade

1. hp laptop running so hot after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - laptop running hot

2. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  3. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  4. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 running hot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 running hot?: I installed windows 11 on my PC from the microsoft download site. All went well, but I've noticed 2 potential problem already. 1. Windows Hello that worked fine in 10 now says I have to be closer for it to recognize me. So I have to lean forward in my chair every time I log...
  6. Windows 11 running hot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 running hot?: I installed windows 11 on my PC from the microsoft download site. All went well, but I've noticed 2 potential problem already. 1. Windows Hello that worked fine in 10 now says I have to be closer for it to recognize me. So I have to lean forward in my chair every time I log...
  7. Older HP Win 10 laptop running hot, what processes to turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Older HP Win 10 laptop running hot, what processes to turn off: Are there a small number of processes I can disable to slow the fan down, and what's the best way to do it. Have not looked at this for a long time. Assume I'm not PC savvy. It's been updating all along, and I am running v 2004. Is there any possibility 20H2 would cool it...
  8. WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?: Hi, I have an Asus zenbook pro 14, specs: intel i7 processor 8gb Ram NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 When I play gta 5 on it it runs very hot and the fans are loud. Is this normal? The laptop easily meets the recommended system specifications. Thanks...
  9. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?: Many problems with the October 2018 update such that I had revert back to factory defaults and reload windows 10 took over a week to come to this resolution even after being on the phone with MS for many hours. However, one of the problems I've encounter after to my system...
  10. HP refurb laptop. Upgraded to Windows 10. Run out of space on Recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    HP refurb laptop. Upgraded to Windows 10. Run out of space on Recovery: I bought a new/refurbished windows 8.1 hp laptop. Switched it on and it offered a free upgrade to windows 10 which I accepted. now it's coming up with this message:"low disk space You are running very low on disk space on RECOVERY (D*Smile" I have not downloaded anything but...