Windows 10: HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

Discus and support HP Laptop Touch Pad problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated to 10 and fount that the slider bars on the touch pad don't work. The system doesn't have a mouse which it knows and shows a touch pad there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by valfitzandrew, Aug 27, 2015.

1. HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

I updated to 10 and fount that the slider bars on the touch pad don't work. The system doesn't have a mouse which it knows and shows a touch pad there and working but the sliders do not work. That am I doing wrong?

:)

valfitzandrew, Aug 27, 2015

2. My Touchpad won't turn off since I upgraded to Windows 10

This is what I figured out for myself:

Go to " Touch pad settings".

Change it to " lower sensitivity", then click on "Additional settings".

Click on HP Control Zone settings (I have a HP laptop some call it the click zone)

There I disabled each individual touch action done by the touch pad.

This does not turn off the Touch pad totally, BUT.... it did turn off many of the touch motions and lowered the sensitivity so I am now able to type without a jumping problem.

For people who like to toggle back and forth between touch pad and pointer... I do not have an answer. I never use the touch pad so this was the only fix I could figure out that worked for me on my HP Laptop. Hopefully the next update will not reset
    the changes I have made.

This issue has been complained about by so many people I had hoped they would have a better fix by now.

Shiloh1234, Aug 27, 2015
  3. MIMIS68 Win User
    Trouble with font and screen size changing

I have a HP laptop (year old) the font changes on the screen whether my hand is on the touch pad or not. The keyboard has been replaced the laptop has been sent back to HP twice and I have spent hours on chat trying to correct this problem. I have unchecked
    the smooth scrolling on the touch pad (it re-enables itself and the check mark appears again.

This problem started on windows 8 and continued with the Window 10 update. How can I stop this problem?

MIMIS68, Aug 27, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

Have you tried connecting a mouse, so that you can download the correct drivers?

bro67, Aug 27, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    check with HP website to see if it has updated touchpad driver for win10 for your model, you shouldn't need the sliders to go to a webpage.
    edit.. your unit is older I think ,,
    go to device manager and high lite the touchpad/mouse [or what ever it says it is ] and check for driver update ,tell it to look online

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HP Laptop Touch Pad problem

1. HP Laptop Touch Pad problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Touch Pad

2. Touch pad problem on HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad problem on HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc0xx it has been working fine for years, but now the mouse is acting up zooming randomly, disappearing completely, freezing I've searched for solutions and some have worked temporarily I've disabled the touch pad zooming shortcut many times...
  3. touch pad problem

touch pad problem: My touch pad makes things larger or small depending on something I do. I want to turn this irritating feature off! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/cc8f5a00-6f41-4f84-9244-33bbdf405481
  4. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: is it possible to have my touch pad off while my mouse is plugged in on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problems/26c2f102-37a9-4cc1-8fb3-6800547dd711
  5. Touch pad problem

Touch pad problem: don't work properly need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/d41d66d2-f0c5-48a7-a7c6-3b2204570cca
  6. touch pad -- hp Pavilion

touch pad -- hp Pavilion: I have Microsoft 10 HP Pavilion. Recently, when I am trying to navigate a document or forum posting for instance, every time that I try to click to position the cursor, or anything else for that matter, a drop down menu appears. It's extremely annoying and makes the most...
  7. touch pad problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problems: How do I disable Tapping on my Windows 10 Touchpad found the following answer For you to turn off the tap-to-click feature on your Windows 10 touchpad, we recommend trying the steps below: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer...
  8. how to deactivate touch pad on new hp laptop?

how to deactivate touch pad on new hp laptop?: I need simple help how to deactivate the touch pad on new HP lap top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-deactivate-touch-pad-on-new-hp-laptop/1e60dd6b-5c36-455d-9ff3-db8882f0949f
  9. touch pad problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad problem: My touchpad seems disabled, even though in settings it is on. Small orange light illuminated at top left of touchpad. Only little button works to move curser. Tapping the light once or twice does not turn it off....
  10. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: Unable to enable the touchpad. I tried going to the mouse settings >additional mouse settings but there was no option for touch pad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-pad-problems/e36badf2-931a-469b-93db-b8f8e3a77680