Windows 10: HP Laptop Windows 10 install

Discus and support HP Laptop Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP 15 I purchased in January. It came pre installed with Windows 10 from HP. I want to do a clean install. Can I use the media creation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by i386, May 17, 2017.

1. i386 Win User

HP Laptop Windows 10 install

I have a HP 15 I purchased in January. It came pre installed with Windows 10 from HP. I want to do a clean install. Can I use the media creation tool and make the media to install? My desktop from 2010 I used that tool and upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But does the media creation only work for that or will it work with n OEM key? I really want to clean install and get drivers from Intel HP loads crap and makes it slow.

:)

2. Cannot install printer on new laptop with Windows 10

My HP Photosmart C4795 will not install on new laptop with a Windows 10 even though HP says they are compatible.

DianneD_995, May 17, 2017
  3. unable to update windows

I have a 5 year old HP laptop with Windows 10 installed.

The windows 10 version is dated as 2015, version 1511 build 10586.962

My other laptop an ASUS is 6 months old has windows 10, dated 2017 version 1607, build 14393.44

What is worrying is, windows defender appears to be very out of date, the antimalware version is 4.9.10586.962 on the HP laptop,

but the ASUS is version 4.10.14393.0

Is my HP laptop not eligible for windows 10 updates any longer?

edwinmctaggert, May 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes, you can do that. The Media Creation Tool will make a USB flash drive that you can use to do a clean install of Windows 10. It will read the Windows 10 product key from UEFI.

You might want to just try this first:
    Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2017
  5. i386 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I thought so I am new to UEFI. I guess that is why it does not have a C.O.A on the laptop. It is considered digital License.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you are concerned about it, run Showkey Plus from this forum:
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Laptop Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Laptop install

2. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  3. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  4. why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?: My laptop was brand new last year and has the most up to date version of Windows. it is running in safe mode. I can download the file for pokemon tcg live installer but when i go to install it, it just says the app im trying to install isnt a microsoft verified app. This app...
  5. why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?

why cant i install pokemon tcg live on a year old laptop with windows 11 in S mode?: My laptop was brand new last year and has the most up to date version of Windows. it is running in safe mode. I can download the file for pokemon tcg live installer but when i go to install it, it just says the app im trying to install isnt a microsoft verified app. This app...
  6. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  7. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

"MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...
  8. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  9. Laptop crashes when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when installing drivers: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  10. Laptop crashes when installing drivers